The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to take English Lit, History, Dance and either french or maths. Everyone is telling me its a weird range haha! I'm unsure on whether to take french or maths-any advice anyone? :smile:
not doing a levels
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by curtisg
Government & Politics, economics, maths and physics. Plan to drop government and politics after AS though because of the poor career prospects.

That's exactly what I took this year!! : D I'm dropping politics too xD I found it really hard, but very interesting. Good luck

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
I'm taking Maths, Geography, Biology and German
I am doing Physics, Technology, Maths, German (being half-German :tongue: ) and an EPQ for my A levels at my current school Lancaster Royal Grammar School (Requires 7 B's). I aspire to be a aeronautical engineer and my current choices of English Uni's I might do are Leicester, Imperial or Loveborough. However I might also go to Uni in Germany since I can speak fluent German where the Uni's are also renowned internationally and its free or dirt-cheap.
Reply 1225
Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Accounting
Reply 1226
English Literature
Classical Civ.
History
But i'm not sure whether to take Politics or law as my my fourth subject. :P
Reply 1227
I will be doing:

-Accounting
-ICT
-BTEC Diploma in Business

I want to become a chartered accountant, are these good A-levels? And how will life be at college studying them subjects? hard? easy?
French, English, History and either Geography or Maths!
Original post by smellycat_forever
I'm going to take English Lit, History, Dance and either french or maths. Everyone is telling me its a weird range haha! I'm unsure on whether to take french or maths-any advice anyone? :smile:

I'd do French - it's always good to have a foreign language!
I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Law :smile:
I'm doing French, Spanish, Economics and English Literature :biggrin:
Original post by hines
German, French, Latin and Classics

Yay languages! Everyone thinks I'm mental for taking more than one foreign language haha :biggrin:
Maths, chemistry, English lit and history. Quite varied!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by saraswiftlove
I'd do French - it's always good to have a foreign language!

I second this - I do French, it's alot of work but I've found it massively rewarding :smile:
chemistry,economics,maths,biology :smile:
Reply 1236
History, geography, biology and economics.

Probably a bit foolish doing eco without maths and bio without chem but oh well :smile:
Reply 1237
Scottish Highers : Mathematics, English, Biology, Physics, History. Could I have chosen any more classical subjects? Haha.
Reply 1238
Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geography

4 Hard subjects :s not sure I've made the right choice.
Reply 1239
Original post by 68242
History, geography, biology and economics.

Probably a bit foolish doing eco without maths and bio without chem but oh well :smile:

You're right about the bio without the chem.

Economics is absolutely fine without maths, there is none involved at all.

Quick Reply

Latest