North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Which Accommodation?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by KellyTang
Them photos are a great help! Are Oscott rooms/kitchens pretty much similar then?

Oscott's bedrooms are a similar size but have their own shower/toilet in the corner, so altogether its a big bigger.
Kitchen/lounge area is bigger in Oscott, and they get sofas as well as a kitchen table. I will try and find some photos of it, the only ones I have at the moment are those taken at parties, and theyre not the best ones to judge an accommodation by!
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Is transport at a reasonable price travelling from town to Perry Barr? I am considering looking at accommodation in city centre and then take public transport to lectures instead now.

£2 max on both train and bus, of course cheaper on the train if you have a rail card. Trains are every half hour from New Street too . Deffo worth it.
Reply 22
Original post by manson
Oscott's bedrooms are a similar size but have their own shower/toilet in the corner, so altogether its a big bigger.
Kitchen/lounge area is bigger in Oscott, and they get sofas as well as a kitchen table. I will try and find some photos of it, the only ones I have at the moment are those taken at parties, and theyre not the best ones to judge an accommodation by!

Also, is Oscott/Coppice best for freshers week as i missed out on freshers week in my previous uni as i moved into halls late so everybody had already bonded from day 1 and i came along few months later. I did enjoy the halls experience but i had lots of problems with food being stolen as soon as i bought them and people using my bowls, plates etc.
Oh yeah that would be great if you had more photos of Oscott! Thanks for your help though, i just wanna make sure i enjoy uni this time around haha!
Reply 23
Original post by Aust1n
£2 max on both train and bus, of course cheaper on the train if you have a rail card. Trains are every half hour from New Street too . Deffo worth it.

Is there no yearly bus pass for students provided by the uni? But does sound cheap though!
Reply 24
Is there no yearly bus pass for students provided by the uni? But does sound cheap though!

I have had no need for them so have not had a look.

Better get googlin'.
Reply 25
I'll be staying at Canalside (by Snow Hill station in the city centre) even though my campus is in Perry Barr.

Just thought I'd mention it in case people are still looking for somewhere. Only £89 a week including all bills and an en-suite, dishwasher, TV in the kitchen/lounge and even a mini fridge in every room! It's pretty much brand new, and is by far the best student accommodation I've seen, and trust me, I've looked at a lot :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Sternchen
I'll be staying at Canalside (by Snow Hill station in the city centre) even though my campus is in Perry Barr.

Just thought I'd mention it in case people are still looking for somewhere. Only £89 a week including all bills and an en-suite, dishwasher, TV in the kitchen/lounge and even a mini fridge in every room! It's pretty much brand new, and is by far the best student accommodation I've seen, and trust me, I've looked at a lot :biggrin:

Hey just seen this! The Canalside does look good though its just distance really.
hi thanks for them photos ive been trying find some for ages, which halls do you think are nicer to live in out of the coppice and oscott
Reply 28
Original post by Sternchen

Which other accommodation have you looked at? And is it for BCU students and first years
Reply 29
Original post by BrandNewEyes
hi thanks for them photos ive been trying find some for ages, which halls do you think are nicer to live in out of the coppice and oscott

Oscott is probably nicer, but more expensive.
Not a huge difference in them, and that extra bit of money every week can go a long way if you live at Coppice (which is a lovely place to live too).
Reply 30
Do the rooms in Oscott/Coppice have full length mirrors? As i know some accommodation have full length mirrors inside the wardrobes. Just asking so i know whether to bring mine or not haha.
Reply 31
Hi, I've just accepted a conditional offer to study at BCU and the campus is north city, perry Barr. I need to apply for accomodation asap but I need to register and it's asking for A university application number and says you can find it on the offer letter but I can't see it on mine :/ lol I might be like a total spaz but any help with this would be great :smile: thanks!!
Reply 32
Original post by Grace_1110
Hi, I've just accepted a conditional offer to study at BCU and the campus is north city, perry Barr. I need to apply for accomodation asap but I need to register and it's asking for A university application number and says you can find it on the offer letter but I can't see it on mine :/ lol I might be like a total spaz but any help with this would be great :smile: thanks!!

Lol its on the first email you get from BCU, back when you sent off your UCAS application, you'll find it in brackets in the subject field on that email
Reply 33
Original post by Tonyyy
I'm currently a student at BCU, if you have any questions, just message me! But yeah, Perry Barr is like 3 miles + away from the city centre.... so yeah, it's pretty much a bummer when you want to go for a night out >.< Luckily, I'm at Millennium Point which is in the city centre xD

Tonny hi! I am going to live in the curzon gateway, which as i can see is 5 minutes walk from millenium point, is that correct? However i would use your help in two things: first of l how close to the centre of the city is curzon, by walking. Second thing, do you the distance from biad, school of art, margaret str. It says that curzon is ideally suited, but i do not assume thst from the map. Could you enlight me please? I am arriving in one week!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending