The Student Room Group

Is BTEC included in gce A-Level?

Ok, so an offer at my uni changed from Distinction in BTEC (equivalent to A at a-level), A and B. It is now just 'gce A-Level AB'. Does this include the BTEC?

Thanks if you know.
Reply 1
If you don't do A levels I would assume nothing as changed.
Reply 2
I did a BTEC and two A-Levels.
Reply 3
Nope, they are treated as seperate qualifications with different names. Have you got your BTEC results now? That may explain the change in the offer, if part of it (the BTEC is already fulfilled :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by CLS94
Nope, they are treated as seperate qualifications with different names. Have you got your BTEC results now? That may explain the change in the offer, if part of it (the BTEC is already fulfilled :smile:

My teacher said I'm likely to get a D* (Distinction Star) but I have not yet received any official papers. That's a shame to hear they're different though. Thanks.
Reply 5
Original post by HotfireLegend
My teacher said I'm likely to get a D* (Distinction Star) but I have not yet received any official papers. That's a shame to hear they're different though. Thanks.

Sorry, I must've misread your post earlier. Your BTEC might have already been moderated and the mark given to your uni. If so, then that might explain the change.
Reply 6
Original post by Bulbasaur
Sorry, I must've misread your post earlier. Your BTEC might have already been moderated and the mark given to your uni. If so, then that might explain the change.

Ok, that explains it also. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest