The Student Room Group

Clearing confusion!

Should I make a list of all the universities I'd be interested in applying to for clearing? I don't know a lot about clearing so I don't know if my question makes sense.
Say I have an offer from Glasgow but I don't make the offer, should I then phone up the department of my offer? Or should it be the clearing hotline? Could I also phone up other departments? Say my offer was for mathematics, but I don't meet that offer, could I phone up the physics clearing hotline/ department as well to see if they have spaces?
Should I make a list of all of these numbers?
And should I make a list of all of these numbers from each university that I'm interested in?

Additionally, should I phone up my head master to ask what percentages I got in each exam? This could help as I may have just missed my offer
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by I am Ace

Additionally, should I phone up my head master to ask what percentages I got in each exam? This could help as I may have just missed my offer

Look at the sticky thread marked "preparing for results day"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2069579

Your UMS will be on your results sheet
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
Look at the sticky thread marked "preparing for results day"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2069579

Your UMS will be on your results sheet

I sat highers, do we have UMS? Also, should I first phone Glasgow and ask if they're willing to accept me first before entering clearing? If so, who should I phone? And what should I say?
If they say they're not willing to accept me, should I still phone them back asking about clearing? If so, should I just stay on the phone to whoever I'm onto and say, "so can I enter clearing instead?" cheers
Reply 3
Original post by I am Ace
I sat highers, do we have UMS? Also, should I first phone Glasgow and ask if they're willing to accept me first before entering clearing? If so, who should I phone? And what should I say?
If they say they're not willing to accept me, should I still phone them back asking about clearing? If so, should I just stay on the phone to whoever I'm onto and say, "so can I enter clearing instead?" cheers

Don't know if you have UMS but surely your results sheet has details (I doubt that school has information they have not shared with you)

By the time they reject you they have had a lot of time to consider their decision ... it is rare for universities to reconsider if you call them

If they have said no then you cannot apply to that course in clearing ... if they have said no to you when they are not full then they clearly do not want you
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I'm also getting my results through by text and the post won't arrive for hours to come, by which point the places could have gone.
Should I phone up at 9am when I get the text and see if they want me to tell them my scores when they arrive?

Quick Reply

Latest