The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aust1n
I'm seriously dissapointed with the lack of Elcor and Hanar in this game.

[video="youtube;mQau3CthTgI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQau3CthTgI[/video]

Have some Hanar love.

You big stupid jellyfish. <3
I used the Mass Effect Datapad App to get my Galactic Readiness up. It's free, but it takes a while (a couple of weeks to get to 100%). You have this minigame where you send ships off to fight in warzones around the galaxy, then either 2, 4, or 8 hours later (depending on what you chose) and whether the game decides you won or not, you receive galactic readiness and credits to improve your ships/buy more ships/ improve the time it takes, etc. The best thing is you can take 2 minutes to send off your ships, then leave it and come back 8 hours later and do it all again. It's best to do it WHILE you are playing.
Reply 1522
Original post by Psyk
It's pretty much impossible to get your EMS over 4000 (which gets you the best versions of the endings) just by playing single player. I did every sidequest in all 3 games, generally had things turn out well (e.g. no one died in the suicide mission), and I still didn't have enough. You can only get that much by making a specific set of choices throughout the whole series, and which aren't obvious as "good" choices.

Same. I thought that I had got the best one.

Shepard living?! I thought that

Spoiler

Anybody seen the advert for the DLC? I wish it was released more recently because I'm probably going to trade in ME3 once I have another game to put along side it.
Reply 1523
Original post by Aust1n
Same. I thought that I had got the best one.

Shepard living?! I thought that

Spoiler

Anybody seen the advert for the DLC? I wish it was released more recently because I'm probably going to trade in ME3 once I have another game to put along side it.

Well, it's clutching at straws a little bit but this ending, skip to 8 minutes if you just wanna see him/her breathing

Reply 1524
I got the Shepherd living ending without using the multiplayer and I'd lost the Geth and Salarians, so it is doable, people.

I haven't played it since the new ending came out, however. Will do once I get back to Iceland.
Reply 1525
Original post by Hylean
I got the Shepherd living ending without using the multiplayer and I'd lost the Geth and Salarians, so it is doable, people.

I haven't played it since the new ending came out, however. Will do once I get back to Iceland.

Really? I have restored hope then lol
Reply 1526
Original post by Hylean

What was your EMS at the end? Apparently it needs to be over 5000 for Shepard to live. I'm sure I could have made a few choices to boost my score a bit, but I don't see how I could have got another 1500 points (that's an extra 3000 TMS with only 50% galactic readiness).
I found the Mass Effect 1 CD I had a while back, im so happy I found it! Now I can play it when I dont have the internet :P (Steam's need for the internet is frustrating)
The N7 challenge this week is called Olympus and takes place on Firebase London due to 'increased Reaper activity' :ahee:
:rolleyes: more 'reapers' :biggrin:
Reply 1530
Lol

Spoiler

well i was sat there playing me3 the other day when i realsied how badly garrus dodges the question of how far off prim-arch he is

this to me means he is obviously rather close (especially after all the deaths)

id say with in ten places of it was just wondering how close other people thought he was
Reply 1532
Original post by kopite493
well i was sat there playing me3 the other day when i realsied how badly garrus dodges the question of how far off prim-arch he is

this to me means he is obviously rather close (especially after all the deaths)

id say with in ten places of it was just wondering how close other people thought he was

Lol, never gave it much thought...

But he's a good leader, never fails me in leading the second squad in the suicide mission in ME2.

Best character in the series is Thane though I reckon for the short time he's in it.

James is good too.
Reply 1533
Original post by zKlown
James is good too.

I really liked James. Some of the best comic moments came from him.
Mass Effect will forever be my favourite sci-fi game trilogy. I don't think I'll ever be attached to another set of characters as I was to the ME crew.

319743_3277078254968_963921245_n.jpg
Reply 1535
Original post by Hylean

Yeah, the clip where he just refers to Tali as "Sparks" and Shepard is like "Sparks?" and James goes, "Yeah, ya know, Sparks"...

Lol, like it's obvious
Reply 1536
Original post by zKlown
Yeah, the clip where he just refers to Tali as "Sparks" and Shepard is like "Sparks?" and James goes, "Yeah, ya know, Sparks"...

Lol, like it's obvious

Oh, Lola.
Original post by zKlown

Lol, like it's obvious

it isnt obvious? :/
[video="youtube;ZIQ-iGF1t-4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIQ-iGF1t-4[/video]

Sparks is scared of spiders? ;_;
Original post by Hylean

I didnt really use him first playthrough... been playing again recently and there are some great bits. There's a bit where if you nominate him to do one of the "techy" bits (where you hold off enemies while one character fixes something) ... every other character is just like "on it" and starts fixing it... but if you choose James he's like "Err... I'm... not really very good at this stuff..." then just starts kicking it :lol:. He also sounds gutted if you tell him to **** off when he asks if he can call you "Loco"... ahaha... like "Oh... OK Commander... :frown:"

Quick Reply

Latest