The Student Room Group

Mass Effect Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
What characters did people use for their majority playthroughs? My last one I was an adept and chose

ME1: Garrus/Wrex and Ashley
ME2: Miranda/Samara/Jack and Thane/Grunt/Garrus
ME3: Garrus and James
Reply 1541
ME1: Garrus, Wrex and Liara.
ME2: Thane and Samara.
ME3: Garrus, Liara and EDI.
ME1-garrus/tali
ME2-garrus/tali(Mordin before tali is available)
ME3-garrus/tali(edi before tali is available)

they where with me from the start and im not sure id have won without them :'(
Reply 1543
ME1: Garrus & Wrex
ME2: Garrus & Samara
ME3: Garrus & EDI/Liara

Obviously, I romanced Garrus :biggrin:
I switched my squad up most of the time. Apart from in the first game where they had the Achievements for completing most of the game with particular squadmates! I just tried to take who I thought would be useful or have interesting/relevant dialog for a particular mission, like taking Tali on missions that involved the Geth etc...
Reply 1545
Original post by nymaeria
ME1: Garrus & Wrex
ME2: Garrus & Samara
ME3: Garrus & EDI/Liara

Obviously, I romanced Garrus :biggrin:

Garrus is a bro

But yeah, I switched it up alot in ME2 but the other two kept it rigid.

Never chose Tali... Dunno why, just pissed me off.
Always Garrus. Then in ME1 I had Wrex for the banter, in ME2 I had Miranda for the squad bonus (and coz I banged her:smug:) and Javik in ME3 for his unique insight. Didn't really care for the others apart from maybe Thane and EDI occasionally.
Reply 1547
I loved EDI. She was as funny as James.
Reply 1548
Original post by Hylean
I loved EDI. She was as funny as James.

Meh, never really liked her in ME3...

She was funny in ME2 when she was just a programme.

Garrus, Thane, Jack and James my favourites I reckon.
In ME2 it was Miranda and Mordin, in ME3 Liara and EDI.
I really feel like playing the Mass Effect series again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to play Mass Effect 1 again, as I've played it twice before and I'm not that keen on its gameplay.

If you start a new game on Mass Effect 2 without importing from Mass Effect 1, is Wrex alive or killed? Who is alive out of Ashely and Kaiden?
Reply 1551
Original post by Super Cicero
I really feel like playing the Mass Effect series again, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to play Mass Effect 1 again, as I've played it twice before and I'm not that keen on its gameplay.

If you start a new game on Mass Effect 2 without importing from Mass Effect 1, is Wrex alive or killed? Who is alive out of Ashely and Kaiden?

Wrex and Kaiden will be dead. It also has implications on ME3...

I don't like ME1 really either, that damn Mako pisses me off, but it only took me 2 days to complete and that wasn't non-stop either.
Original post by Super Cicero

Wrex is dead and the character who died on Virmire is the same gender as Shepard. If you start a new game on ME2, all the choices are renegade (Council is killed etc).

Currently playing Mass Effect 3 again as I would like to complete insanity before I go off to Uni. Trying to get the hang of the Adept and if this fails, I'll probably continue with my Sentinel character.
Reply 1553
Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Wrex is dead and the character who died on Virmire is the same gender as Shepard. If you start a new game on ME2, all the choices are renegade (Council is killed etc).

Currently playing Mass Effect 3 again as I would like to complete insanity before I go off to Uni. Trying to get the hang of the Adept and if this fails, I'll probably continue with my Sentinel character.

Adept is my favourite class

Extremely powerful if you level up fast. Shockwave is handy against waves of husks too!
Reply 1554
ME1: Garrus/Liara and Wrex.
ME2: Miranda was always a constant, then Grunt, Thane and Garrus.
ME3: Liara, Ashley, Garrus, EDI, Javik, basically a huge melange of everyone.

I've always been a Vanguard. I think it's by far the best class in 2 and 3.
just started playing the multiplayer, i really enjoy it but it can be a pain to find/start games, any idea on any forums i can join to try and sort out regular games?
Reply 1556
Original post by ste_mc_efc
just started playing the multiplayer, i really enjoy it but it can be a pain to find/start games, any idea on any forums i can join to try and sort out regular games?

BioWare forums?
Reply 1557
What did people think of Leviathan? I enjoyed it. Was definitely an interesting addition to the lore.
Original post by zKlown
BioWare forums?

Thanks, had a little brief look there but it didn't seem very welcoming and it seemd to be taken very seriously. It will probably be okay if i had a proper look though.
Original post by ste_mc_efc
Thanks, had a little brief look there but it didn't seem very welcoming and it seemd to be taken very seriously. It will probably be okay if i had a proper look though.

I'm pretty sure they have a thread for new players/ones who aren't that bothered about beating gold/platinum.

Quick Reply

Latest