The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lizz-ie
Maybe see you there then! Where else have you applied? Good luck :smile:

Oxford and Durham. Still deciding on the other two unis but I don't have a clue really.
University of York
York
Reply 21
Original post by gmseahorse
Oxford and Durham. Still deciding on the other two unis but I don't have a clue really.

I've applied to Oxford, Sheffield, Birmingham and Nottingham :smile:
You could just apply to those three now, and add two other choices after your application has been submitted?
Reply 22
I'm applying for English and Philosophy. :smile: My application was sent off on the 7th and I've received an acknowledgement; fingers crossed for an offer soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Got my offer yesterday for English! Surprised they were so quick!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP
Reply 24
Just looking at my email, I got the acknowledgement of my application email and an offer 2 days later! They have until May to make all their offers so they seem pretty keen

Reply 25
Original post by PatrickB
Just looking at my email, I got the acknowledgement of my application email and an offer 2 days later! They have until May to make all their offers so they seem pretty keen

Congrats! :biggrin: Can I ask what grades you got at AS and what you're predicted? I really want a reply now; everyone seems to be getting offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by dlaiden
Congrats! :biggrin: Can I ask what grades you got at AS and what you're predicted? I really want a reply now; everyone seems to be getting offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, at AS I got ACCC. Not good. (I was I'll during exams amongst other things) so I decided to put off applying a year, so I'm in my gap year having got A*AB at A2 (the B I am re-sitting because there were problems at my school - It sounds like I'm just making excuses but it really was bad!). I'm predicted an A in the re sit and my offer is conditional on me getting an A in it. I think my PS helped me out a lot, I think it was a pretty good one if I do say so myself!

Best of luck with yours! :smile:

Reply 27
Original post by sophieleannexo
I'm applying for Social Work! York is either my firm or insurance choice. My application is hopefully getting sent off October half term or earlier, with my referee ATM. So excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeay! Good luck.
Reply 28
Original post by lizz-ie
It's the 31st, they said they're definitely going to give me an offer if I attend an interview, so I'm pretty confused as to why they're interviewing me! Good luck :smile: where else are you applying?

Wow, you're so lucky! I'm hoping to get my UCAS form off by the end of the month because I don't want them to give out all the places and get rejected :s-smilie: Good luck on your interview!!
Worried I won't get my York offer as my personal statement isn't entirely suited towards the course :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Siena4996
Wow, you're so lucky! I'm hoping to get my UCAS form off by the end of the month because I don't want them to give out all the places and get rejected :s-smilie: Good luck on your interview!!

Good luck to you too! It doesn't really matter when you send it off (unless you're applying for a course that requires you to apply before the early application deadline) because they have to treat all applicants that require before the deadline fairly :smile:

Original post by Lucy96
Worried I won't get my York offer as my personal statement isn't entirely suited towards the course :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What course are you applying for and what course is your PS suited towards? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by knope
Wow, that's quick! Seems they weren't kidding at the open day when they said they'd try and give you some sort of response within three days. Do you mind me asking when your interview is? I'm sending mine quite soon so I'm trying to figure out how much time I'll have to prepare after I do. Assuming they don't reject me right off the bat, that is. :tongue:

Good luck. :smile:

I'm applying for chemistry too, the interview seems daunting simply because in my ps I've mentioned so much, they can literally ask me about anything
Reply 32
Original post by joe1545
I'm applying for chemistry too, the interview seems daunting simply because in my ps I've mentioned so much, they can literally ask me about anything

I've mentioned loads, really need to revise before my interview! When is yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
What course are you applying for and what course is your PS suited towards? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biological archaeology (Bioarchaeology), my PS is more suited towards evolutionary/biological anthropology. It's heavily focused on evolution of the human race, but it has some stuff directed towards archaeology and biological elements too. It's not exactly a competitive course which is why I'm hoping for the best :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Lucy96
Biological archaeology (Bioarchaeology), my PS is more suited towards evolutionary/biological anthropology. It's heavily focused on evolution of the human race, but it has some stuff directed towards archaeology and biological elements too. It's not exactly a competitive course which is why I'm hoping for the best :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Those sound pretty similar, so you'll probably be okay :smile: may I ask why you've suited your PS towards a different course than the one you've applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lizz-ie
Those sound pretty similar, so you'll probably be okay :smile: may I ask why you've suited your PS towards a different course than the one you've applied for? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I hope so! Because the course I really want to do (and would therefore firm) is evolutionary anthropology, so I've made that the priority :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Got an offer yesterday to study English! Yay! :biggrin:
Reply 37
Offers already nice! I should be applying for Maths & Econ and should be sending off my application at the end of this month.
Reply 38
Got offer to study maths, AAA
Reply 39
York seem pretty slow with the acknowledgement email. I applied for Economics 5 days ago and got the emails from everywhere else on the first and second day after. Still waiting on York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest