The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mombasa Raha
:biggrin: What's your favourite song?

The ones with K'naan :awesome:

:tongue: Joke I like Patience & Strong will continue...
Original post by paddy__power
Where I'm from it's Somalian :hand:

I even wear hats perched atop my afro. :h:

Not too bad, walking life's roads and finding little by the roadside. Yourself?

Drowning in the misery of TSR and Gap years :nopity:

The Somali people have unanimously decided that Somalian was not an acceptable term :fyi: :tongue:
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
Some solider who killed and injured his fellow soldiers. Me too, they're dicks. They even kill sheiks and innocent men/women under the guise of Islam.

The value of human blood is nothing to them. Anyone who rushes to spill blood of any sort should really question his motives.

Which qabil are you? :biggrin:

Oh Oh :colone:

Which qabil are you? :biggrin:

:rofl2: I don't even know, I remember being told but wasn't paying too much attention :colondollar:
Which one are you?

Original post by In2deep

*tries to abstain from inserting sexist joke*

Do me a favour, love :hand:
Original post by In2deep
Drowning in the misery of TSR and Gap years :nopity:

The Somali people have unanimously decided that Somalian was not an acceptable term :fyi: :tongue:

I'm one of you and I think it is :p:

Oh ok, did you flop your application or just gapping for lols?
Original post by paddy__power

Oh ok, did you flop your application or just gapping for lols?

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Medicine reapplicant :nopity: Interview at Southampton a few days ago, no reply yet. King's are giving me the silent treatment and Keele & UEA have rejected me :colonhash:
Original post by Skaiyote
:rofl2: I don't even know, I remember being told but wasn't paying too much attention :colondollar:
Which one are you?

Do me a favour, love :hand:

You are both from the Ishaaq clan, almost a sure thing considering you're both from "Somaliland".

And you know you like them jokes :gah:
Original post by Don'tNod
That's all the Somalis left. :colonhash:

Yes! Now they're all in Norway,Sweden,Holland, Canada and the UK. :tongue:

And the state of Minneapolis. :rofl2:

Might join them next time I'm down there.

I've never been there. What parts have you been to?
Original post by In2deep
Strictly Somali, irrelevant to where I'm from :colonhash:

Spoiler

An interracial couple? I am impressed. :biggrin:
Original post by In2deep
The value of human blood is nothing to them. Anyone who rushes to spill blood of any sort should really question his motives.

Oh Oh :colone:

That's what power does to you. One has to wonder whether they truly believe what they're doing is right. And which one are you?

Which one are you?

Darod, I think.
The ones with K'naan :awesome:

:tongue: Joke I like Patience & Strong will continue...

Haha..their's one where he sings in Somali. I don't know what he says though :rolleyes:

Patience is probably my favourite. I also like the song the sample was taken from...pretty awesome, even though the song isn't in English :cool:
That's what power does to you. One has to wonder whether they truly believe what they're doing is right. And which one are you?

Darod, I think.

Really? :confused: Darod? From Somaliland?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iYHUDnf44gw/TNjVx7hZWII/AAAAAAAAObU/Oi_1Ekfwotc/s1600/somali-clans.jpg

So I'm I :smug:
Original post by FinalFlash
I've never been there. What parts have you been to?

Afmadow. Basically, just Somalia close to Kenyan borders. Still was a scary journey though. Had to sleep outside with some lions in the background and **** but luckly being a westerner I had the privilege of sleeping in the car (5 seats with 20-30 mans in the back). Although, this was in '07 now Al-shabab control the area so it's even worse.
Original post by In2deep
:rofl2: :rofl2:

Medicine reapplicant :nopity: Interview at Southampton a few days ago, no reply yet. King's are giving me the silent treatment and Keele & UEA have rejected me :colonhash:

Bad times, how did your interview go though?

Nah, ogaden (so could claim be a Ethiopian).
I think Al Shabab worry everyone :colonhash:

I despise them to be honest. They are the only thing preventing Somalia from being a peaceful stable country. The tribal wars are pretty much over, it's now Al Shabab who are the threat.

They're uttery dangerous and evil. Last year they killed people for watching the World Cup for heaven sakes. Who on earth would want to live under a regime like that? :s-smilie:

Give me the TFG any day of the week
Original post by Mombasa Raha
Haha..their's one where he sings in Somali. I don't know what he says though :rolleyes:

Patience is probably my favourite. I also like the song the sample was taken from...pretty awesome, even though the song isn't in English :cool:

Yeah it's in Africa must wake up where he sings in Somali :yy:
Original post by Cesar Lecat
I despise them to be honest. They are the only thing preventing Somalia from being a peaceful stable country. The tribal wars are pretty much over, it's now Al Shabab who are the threat.

They're uttery dangerous and evil. Last year they killed people for watching the World Cup for heaven sakes. Who on earth would want to live under a regime like that? :s-smilie:

Agree, they are a bunch of nutters.
Original post by Cesar Lecat

This pretty much.

I think a lot of foreign meddling is definitely a huge cause as well. Regional powers don't want a stable Somalia. Foreign powers don't want to see another problem in the Middle-East.

Our history as a pretty aggressive military regime with offensive patriotic targets doesn't really help our cause either.

At the end of the day, the status quo benefits a lot of international parties while our stabilisation would benefit no one other than us.
Hmm, I agree. It's surprising that we only really prospered under a brutal dictator. I'd choose Barre over TFG, there far too weak and ineffective. Somali needs a leader with a backbone.

Latest