The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starsapart
It's a BOP requirement to pack for customers on the podia tills so they can prepare their payment! Really annoying though as there's not much space on the tills - at least not in my branch - and customers put their handbags and stuff down :/

Ahh ok I didn't know that, thank you. Always just instinctively packed to make the line go down quicker! Them tills are very poorly designed at my branch, bags are forward facing (so you have to reach round to get them) and barely any space as you said with people putting handbags on there etc.
Original post by Jaymieee
What branch do you work at? I dont mind checkouts as I work evenings/weekends so most the people I work with are my age so we all have a laugh. All the supervisors who are full time and in their 30's dont just watch you like a hawk they live waitrose :smile: but young supervisors like me dont stop talking :biggrin:

I love my supervisors.. they are really cool( well most of them):tongue: Its just the nature of checkouts, means that a supervisor is always around and its unprofessional to talk amongst customers and my store is usually busy non stop(edgware road) So I understand why its the way it is.
Reply 5822
Original post by Elvendork
Ordered my skirt yesterday, went down a size from my too big trousers so hopefully it'll fit :erm:

And I agree with the post above: podium tills are awful! Especially everyone expecting you to pack for them, or being put at the end one so no one can see/hear you shout 'HELLO NEXT PLEASE' :frown:

You know the most recent training things we did on the computer? I did one and it basically said that we are expected to pack for the customer when working on them! And there was me, thinking I was doing a good deed for every customer by packing for them anyway! :')

Oh, and count yourself lucky with the end till - I always get put on the middle one, either on my own or with someone on the furthest one. It means that if there is no queue, customers automatically come to me because I'm nearest! :nn:
Original post by T0MM3H
You know the most recent training things we did on the computer? I did one and it basically said that we are expected to pack for the customer when working on them! And there was me, thinking I was doing a good deed for every customer by packing for them anyway! :')

Oh, and count yourself lucky with the end till - I always get put on the middle one, either on my own or with someone on the furthest one. It means that if there is no queue, customers automatically come to me because I'm nearest! :nn:

I think this shows my attention span during training :redface:

But as you've said before Tom, keeping busy makes the time go by quicker so you should like those extra customers!! :tongue:
Original post by nooneyouknow
Me too there's only 5 months left! As soon as results day comes in I'm shoving in my notice! We are lucky to be able to talk to each other although some people on my section are total prats and it's a pain to be around them :mad: plus you guys don't really get to take breaks with each other so you don't get to bond much. The international thing must be annoying we get a couple of people who don't speak English very well and they just ignore me.
Checkouts is nice when I go on a saturday afternoon for an hour as it's busy and I get a sit down but if I'm on the podiums I get so annoyed!
Home deliveries are the worst and I hate perfectly abled customers asking me to pack for them then getting annoyed when I do it wrong!

Same here! Cannot wait till the smell of freedom.. I think we get shorter breaks aswell which sucks, instead of 20 we get 15.:mad: Its just frustrating, that half the time, I just pack for them, since I cannot be asked to have to explain what PACKING means, and god help me when I ask if they'd like a charity token..

I actually prefer podiums, since its less questions/you just do the packing and its in short bursts. On checkouts, having regular full blown conversations can be so irritating.. Home deliveries just annoy me, you not only have to scan, you have to pack them into those special bags. Or I ask someone if they would like help packing, they say no... yet proceed to just stand there.:s-smilie:

I totally get what you mean about 'being able to moan to people who understand'... If I moan to my friends they can't believe it, and just say look how much money you're getting that's all that matters.. or they are shocked that I HATE doing overtime:rolleyes:
Original post by Tsunami2011
Same here! Cannot wait till the smell of freedom.. I think we get shorter breaks aswell which sucks, instead of 20 we get 15.:mad: Its just frustrating, that half the time, I just pack for them, since I cannot be asked to have to explain what PACKING means, and god help me when I ask if they'd like a charity token..

I actually prefer podiums, since its less questions/you just do the packing and its in short bursts. On checkouts, having regular full blown conversations can be so irritating.. Home deliveries just annoy me, you not only have to scan, you have to pack them into those special bags. Or I ask someone if they would like help packing, they say no... yet proceed to just stand there.:s-smilie:

I totally get what you mean about 'being able to moan to people who understand'... If I moan to my friends they can't believe it, and just say look how much money you're getting that's all that matters.. or they are shocked that I HATE doing overtime:rolleyes:

I will miss the people there and the money but I will literally skip outta my last shift!
Oh those tokens! The amount of times I've been asked for them! We also do car park refund so we have to ask to see tickets and the amunt of blank stares I get when I ask makes me feel stupid lol.
I tend not to bother with conversations unless they start them I'll ask how they are but a lot of customers just aren't interested in talking to me.
Haha! I get what you mean if I dare to complain about one aspect of work my sister is all over me telling me to be grateful. At least we have each other haha!
I'm not that chatty when I am on tills! I am CSA/Team Leader but once I get past the "Hello. Sorry to keep you waiting. Would you like a bag? Do you need any help packing?" I don't wanna pretend to care about their personal lives as well! haha.
Reply 5827
I think this shows my attention span during training :redface:

But as you've said before Tom, keeping busy makes the time go by quicker so you should like those extra customers!! :tongue:
Evidently! Haha! :wink:
Oh shhhh! That's only the case on the normal tills! -____-
Original post by nooneyouknow
I will miss the people there and the money but I will literally skip outta my last shift!
Oh those tokens! The amount of times I've been asked for them! We also do car park refund so we have to ask to see tickets and the amunt of blank stares I get when I ask makes me feel stupid lol.
I tend not to bother with conversations unless they start them I'll ask how they are but a lot of customers just aren't interested in talking to me.
Haha! I get what you mean if I dare to complain about one aspect of work my sister is all over me telling me to be grateful. At least we have each other haha!

I'm just looking forward to the bonusssss! especially since I don't actually know how much I'm getting that month, so will be a nice suprise:wink:

Its compulsory for us to ask.. I'm beginning to feel like my store is unique with its customer service.. are you allowed to leave any bags on the till? and do you have to wait for the customer to leave the till before you serve the next one? (That is soo annoying especially when that person is being slow, and the next person is just staring at you waiting..so awkward.:rolleyes:

aha feel free to quote whenever you need a rant!
hey
i just wondered, i was going to buy a macbook pro and as I work at waitrose it makes sense for me to buy it from john lewis and obtain a discount. Would this come under the 12% discount or 25% discount? I'm thinking 12%?
Got my discount card today! :thumbsup:

Original post by raechelle
hey
i just wondered, i was going to buy a macbook pro and as I work at waitrose it makes sense for me to buy it from john lewis and obtain a discount. Would this come under the 12% discount or 25% discount? I'm thinking 12%?

The discount guide says 12% on computers :smile:
Reply 5831
Got my discount card today! :thumbsup:

The discount guide says 12% on computers :smile:
...And who do you have to thank for that?! :biggrin:

Original post by raechelle
hey
Just something to consider - I know that the discount (12% on computers and laptops) is a considerable amount, but you can only personalise Apple products if you purchase them through Apple. When I bought my Macbook Pro, I chose various upgrades that I have found really beneficial, such as the hard drive size/speed and the amount of RAM. Have a look on the Apple website and think about if you will need any upgrades first. :smile:
Reply 5832
Hey, does anyone know when the cut off date for march payday was? (sometime in feb?) Thanks :smile:
Does anyone know what the Waitrose trading year is? In my February pay-check, my PB Ranking Pay was reset, so will my bonus be as a percentage of my PB Ranking Pay from my January pay-check? Thanks!
Original post by JackleCube
Does anyone know what the Waitrose trading year is? In my February pay-check, my PB Ranking Pay was reset, so will my bonus be as a percentage of my PB Ranking Pay from my January pay-check? Thanks!

Yes the 14% will be from the Partner bonus ranking pay on your January pay slip
Original post by T0MM3H
...And who do you have to thank for that?! :biggrin:

Some strange person called Tom, don't think that you've met :tongue:
Reply 5836
Some strange person called Tom, don't think that you've met :tongue:
Hmm... The name rings a bell!... Still, he sounds like a top lad tbh! :mmm:
Reply 5837
Hey could someone tell me what date pay day is this month?! I've flopped hard and forgotten how to get onto the partner website :smile: thankssss
Original post by alix.xx
Hey could someone tell me what date pay day is this month?! I've flopped hard and forgotten how to get onto the partner website :smile: thankssss

FRIDAY!!
Reply 5839
WE GOT PAIDDDDDDD!!!!!!!

*does the bonus dance*:dance::dancing:

Latest

Trending

Trending