The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

@TheDizzeeKid have you seen Sheffield Uni Mech Eng it looks sick! Do you think I could work for a company like BAE with a degree in mech because it is pretty broad and they cant expect everyone to have such a specific degree, can they?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Obsessed with status.... Tut tut.... It will come back and kick him in the butt later in life!

Original post by Cubic
He did about 7 consecutive posts earlier. xD

Yeah but I did that before anyone was TheDizzeeKid even asked what was the post count!

So... that would have had to have been some coincidence if those were my intentions.

Tut tut tut.......... Envious of my proof to the Riemann Hypothesis. Be gratuitous not zealous.
What is the obsession with post rankings? :L

you're that desperate to be the number one poster, that you've resorted into not multi-quoting in order to maximise your post count! How shameful....

And btw there is no obsession. TBF who cares how many times you have posted; it is hardly an achievement. Just a bit of banter mate. That was wit; I weren't being serious hehe.

And also, Ramanujan and Hardy are supposed to be working together not compete against each other!:redface:
Original post by GreenLantern1
And btw there is no obsession. TBF who cares how many times you have posted; it is hardly an achievement. Just a bit of banter mate. That was wit; I weren't being serious hehe.

And also, Ramanujan and Hardy are supposed to be working together not compete against each other!:redface:

I'm just trying to get at you :biggrin: We must meet up and write some papers to make up for this :wink:

Also, do you fully know the whole content of C3 Maths? Or just bits? I wanted to self teach it myself over the summer, but realised it is pointless, as I don't sit C3 till Year13! :s-smilie: I'm best off preparing for M1, D1 and S1 -.- :frown: which is much less fun.
Reply 4164
I'm just trying to get at you :biggrin: We must meet up and write some papers to make up for this :wink:

Also, do you fully know the whole content of C3 Maths? Or just bits? I wanted to self teach it myself over the summer, but realised it is pointless, as I don't sit C3 till Year13! :s-smilie: I'm best off preparing for M1, D1 and S1 -.- :frown: which is much less fun.

Poor winstanley students, that and general studies.

Do C3 then you'll find it easy in Year 13...
Original post by Cubic
Poor winstanley students, that and general studies.

Behave yourself! :P In year 12 I do C1, C2, S1, D1, M1 and FP1.
Year 13 I do C4, C3, S2, D2, M2 and FP3 (all in that order)
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Do C3 then you'll find it easy in Year 13...

I might just look into it, but not cover everything, as I can do that in the summer leading up to year13.
Reply 4167
Behave yourself! :P In year 12 I do C1, C2, S1, D1, M1 and FP1.
Year 13 I do C4, C3, S2, D2, M2 and FP3 (all in that order)

I might just look into it, but not cover everything, as I can do that in the summer leading up to year13.

Aw, you miss out on FP2, which apparantly is the hardest.

I'm off to sleep, 'night.
Original post by Cubic

I won't, I'll self teach it anyway out of curiosity :smile:
Night mate.

Learn the applied modules then during Year 12 when you get bored of them and in the Year 12 Summer you can learn C3 !
Original post by Cubic

Is FP2 the hardest? I just assumed FP2 nad FP3 were of equal difficulty or 3 harder than the other simply because it chronologically speaking, is the next module.

I am doing FP2 and FP3 hopefully so I guess I would find out anyway!
I won't, I'll self teach it anyway out of curiosity :smile:
Night mate.

If you are going to self teach it then why don't you just do it. You could then self-teach two other modules and get an AS in Additional Further Maths :cool:
Learn the applied modules then during Year 12 when you get bored of them and in the Year 12 Summer you can learn C3 !

Yes, this is what I think I will do.. Sounds like the best thing..

Is FP2 the hardest? I just assumed FP2 nad FP3 were of equal difficulty or 3 harder than the other simply because it chronologically speaking, is the next module.

I am doing FP2 and FP3 hopefully so I guess I would find out anyway!

It's very subjective. Some find FP3 harder, some find FP2 harder. It depends on which areas of pure Maths you are best at I suppose. I would have also though FP3 would have been harder.
If you are going to self teach it then why don't you just do it. You could then self-teach two other modules and get an AS in Additional Further Maths :cool:

Can I definitely do that after doing Maths and FM with AQA? And I have to do an additional 3 exams? I think I would do FP2, FP4 and M3.
Reply 4173
Stressed. Music creative task today at 9am and I'm just sitting here eating out of date hot cross buns and I just can't fall asleep.
Hi everyone! Rise and shine!:biggrin:
morning everyone, i'm off to school for a maths thing again. see you all later :smile:
How long will you guys be commuting for Sixth Form. Mine takes about 15 mins by bike.
It only takes half an hour by bus to get to my college.
One Statistics past paper take 2.5 hours! Thats almost of whole days revision on one paper.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
How long will you guys be commuting for Sixth Form. Mine takes about 15 mins by bike.

1.5Hr Bus ride either way... 3 Hours travelling per day :frown: