The Student Room Group

Privately educated 13 year old millionaire dies of heroin overdose

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2141983/Privately-educated-teenager-overdosed-anti-depressants-heroin-alcohol-probably-belonged-family-coroner-rules.html

A troubled teenager died after binging on a lethal cocktail of heroin, anti-depressants and alcohol which probably belonged to members of his family, a coroner ruled.
Drew Quinlan, 13, was found face down on a sofa with froth coming from his mouth at his grandfather's £1million house in Richmond when attempts were made to wake him for school.
The inquest heard his mother, father, uncle and aunt were all heroin users and at some stage had used the anti-depressant.

Isnt it a common view on TSR that only 'lower class' people have this happen to them?

Scroll to see replies

Drugs can affect anyone, anywhere. This is why the law needs to toughen up on drug dealers.
Reply 2
It just goes to show that money does not equal a good life. It's sad that he died, but drug laws really need to be enforced more if a 13 year old can die of a drug overdose!
Sorry, the title is very misleading, he isn't actually a millionaire, his family are...?
Reply 4
Original post by Powersymphonia
Drugs can affect anyone, anywhere. This is why the law needs to toughen up on drug dealers.

Remember prohibition?

Drug dealers are there because there is demand. I'm sure this kid was feeling sad about his parents not noticing him, as it often the case with rich kids (that are single children), so he decided to take drugs to make his parents aware of him.

There's this kid in my school, his father is a billionaire, yet he's a loner, has nasty grades and tries to be interesting by doing silly things (insulting the teacher, ruin the toilets, etc.)
Reply 6
He had behavioural difficulties.
I totally agree, society seems to think that only the lower-class get into drugs, when it's the same in any class of life. Millionaires just have the money to afford the drugs and so don't get shot by the dealers or rob banks for the money, which is what we see on the news... So, as stated above, money does not equal a happy, well lived life. And I think it's extremely wrong that the poor boy managed to get his hands on such lethal produce. It's awful that he died, and he obviously didn't die the nicest of deaths.. Harsher laws really need to be enforced to stop this kind of thing from happening!
Reply 8
Why is the fact he was privately educated relevant...?
Original post by Felchingman
Drug dealers are there because there is demand. I'm sure this kid was feeling sad about his parents not noticing him, as it often the case with rich kids (that are single children), so he decided to take drugs to make his parents aware of him.

There's this kid in my school, his father is a billionaire, yet he's a loner, has nasty grades and tries to be interesting by doing silly things (insulting the teacher, ruin the toilets, etc.)

He obviously needs some support to help him overcome his problems. Theres always an underlying reason why people commit anti social behaviour and have BESD.
Reply 10
A former best friend of mine has now broken off from our group, now every weekend he goes out clubbing on E. The sad part is that his family is really well off. Just goes to show that it can happen to anyone, anywhere.
Original post by nish81
I think you need to toughen up on the demand-side not the supply-side. You toughen up on supply, and the price will just rise until someone else steps in to claim the high profits. Wreck demand and the whole market collapses

It's easier to just cut the supply though. If cigarettes were not made anymore, everyone would have to quit, same with drugs.

Toughening the laws only makes the price of drugs go up
Reply 13
Typical daily mail with there class racism just because hes private educated doesn't make him a little angel also its a sad story
Why is this important?
Reply 15
It's easier to just cut the supply though. If cigarettes were not made anymore, everyone would have to quit, same with drugs.

You can't cut the supply though lol, you merely transfer it from the legal market to the illegal market.
Lets think with our heads a minute people?

Poor people can afford less drugs, have to commit more crime, and are more suspicious, and so are arrested and charged for use of drugs FAR more than upper class people hence the stereotype that drug users are lower class.

If you actually use your brain though, surely its the rich who can actually afford all the drugs, fund the drug rings and take shares of the profits?
Original post by adam321
Typical daily mail with there class racism just because hes private educated doesn't make him a little angel also its a sad story

You really might want to learn to spell before being critical.

Come on, you know this is simply impossible. Drugs will always be supplied, it's impossible to control all means of supplying them.
Reply 19
>Killing yourself before spending your millions on call-girls and other fun stuff.

Lolwut!?

Latest

Trending

Trending