The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE French Reading Paper 17th May 2012

What did you think of the paper?

Questions 1 - 7 where good but 8 was a bit confusing gramatically and 9 was hard.
Reply 1
I thought it was quite hard! And the question about the environment- I completely misinterpreted it! I thought it was about sleeping bags, not bin bags!
Reply 2
Original post by pokings
I thought it was quite hard! And the question about the environment- I completely misinterpreted it! I thought it was about sleeping bags, not bin bags!

I nearly wrote down striped rucksacs for that question and then I actually thought about people walking around with stripy rucksacs collecting rubbish.:biggrin:

The question about the rock concerts was hard. I put down that one of the effects was ringing in your ears but the proper translation was whistling. Not sure if that's close enough.
Reply 3
Was the answer stripy bags? Also the music one! What answers did yous get for that??
Reply 4
Original post by Somebody503
Was the answer stripy bags? Also the music one! What answers did yous get for that??

Yeah I'm near sure the answer was stripy bags, the french was sac à rayures IIRC.

I can't really remember the music question if you can post the questions I might remember my answers.
Reply 5
erm i think it was like.. what do you notice after a concert, what happens after a rock concert? something you would do apart from staying at home? and what evidence is there to suggest that the writer likes concerts?
Reply 6
what do you notice after a concert?
Didn't get this in the exam but from what I remember of the french when I looked it up the answer was something like, you couldn't hear very well or your hearing is bad.

what happens after a rock concert?
You may hear a whistling noise in your ears (I put ringing in the exam but the french word was sifflent which means whistling)

something you would do apart from staying at home?
Complain to the organisers of the concert.

what evidence is there to suggest that the writer likes concerts?
I didn't get anything meaningful for this question.

Someone else may be able to fill in the blanks or correct me.
Reply 7
Okay thank you! i didnt get 'sifflent' but i got the others you said and then for the last one i think i put something like he likes enjoying the full experience of concerts which means taking risks but im not sure! i found this question the hardest and the rest reasonable enough :smile:
Reply 8
i thought that this reading paper was very difficult and some questions were confusing. I thought that some bits were quite easy but most of it was 10 times harder than last year's reading paper!!!! I would have done really well if i had of got last years paper. I don't get why ccea is making all the tests this year 10 times harder than last years. :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by quotidian
What did you think of the paper?

Questions 1 - 7 where good but 8 was a bit confusing gramatically and 9 was hard.

Opps nevermind i was doing the listening paper. LOL
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Shadowl286
i thought that this reading paper was very difficult and some questions were confusing. I thought that some bits were quite easy but most of it was 10 times harder than last year's reading paper!!!! I would have done really well if i had of got last years paper. I don't get why ccea is making all the tests this year 10 times harder than last years. :frown:

I think the reason they are making the papers harder is to try and differentiate better between top level candidates. With an easier paper the difference between an A* and an A could be the difference between making an unintentional error or mistake.

The only bit of good news is if everyone thought the paper was hard, which seemed to be the general opinion, then the grade boundaries should be lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending