The Student Room Group

Official 2013 Entry UKCAT Score Poll

Poll

Your 2013 entry UKCAT score...

For all sitting the UKCAT for 2013 entry into Medicine, Dentistry or for fun.
To get a nice normal distribution curve about the 600 mode.
Please post your score
This was done last year and it was good to see where you were overall.
Sorry for the large spacing, there are only a small number of options available.
Results for the year are also published on the UKCAT website after testing and you can find which percentile you are in.
Good luck to all!!!

Some useful websites as well;
- Medify http://www.medify.co.uk
- UKCAT Website for practice testshttp://www.ukcat.ac.uk/
- Kaplan- For UKCAT courses/ practice tests http://www.kaptest.co.uk/ukcat/course
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I think smaller increments are needed in the poll. The vast majority of people will be between 601-700 which is only two options. Therefore it will be really difficult to tell where you actually rank against other people. I would suggest:

300-400
401-550
551-600
601-620
621-640
641-660
661-680
681-700
701-720
721-750
751-800
800+

I'm not sure if it is possible to make this many options, however I feel it would give prospective applicants and applicants alike a better idea of where they stand compared to other TSR users.

What people must remember is that TSR is not a true representation of the population applying to study medicine. People on here will (in a very general sense) will be of higher caliber, and then there are people who will lie about their score.
Could more thread with such a poll be created for GEP, Foundation Courses etc., as they may have different UKCAT ranges in terms of applicants' scores and the programs' cut-off marks.

This would just help standardise the scores :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by thegodofgod
Could more thread with such a poll be created for GEP, Foundation Courses etc., as they may have different UKCAT ranges in terms of applicants' scores and the programs' cut-off marks.

This would just help standardise the scores :smile:

That is a good idea. Although rather than have 'GEP' it might be better to have one specifically for graduate applicants because not all graduates apply to GEP's. So for example this poll could be for those applying to medicine as a first degree and for graduates there could be a separate poll.
Reply 4
Hmm we seem to have a GCSE candidate scoring in the elite 800 plus group! Common guys if you're going to screw the poll you need to cover your tracks better.
Reply 5
ًًBy the way I found that to much difficult

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Also remember bias -- people who do very well are also much more likely to vote on this poll. Further to that, people on TSR in general are probably more informed, and likely have done more practice on average so the whole poll is probably going to be skewed higher than reality during the application process.

Just so you know, I voted 601-650 so I'm not one of them -- though I do still need to enquire about this technical error :P
Reply 7
btw, i'm pretty sure people can have 650.5 etc, you shouldn't have left gaps but i guess they'll probs just round it up anyway :biggrin:
My score was disappointing, 640 average, chances of GEP slip by the wayside
Do people even get results yet? :lolwut: I thought there was a specific date?
Original post by AspiringGenius
Do people even get results yet? :lolwut: I thought there was a specific date?

Also, lol at the people voting 851-900 :lol:

nope, you get results immediately after doing the test! :biggrin:
Original post by Presenttime
My score was disappointing, 640 average, chances of GEP slip by the wayside

It happens, I was screwed over by Pearson Vue but in reality my friend few people get the score they want first time.

Consider GAMSAT (especially if you are a Science graduate/student), or there's always next year for you to boss the UKCAT and build up your portfolio of why you're going to be an amazing doctor.

Keep it up :smile:
Original post by lazershus
nope, you get results immediately after doing the test! :biggrin:

Oh dear lord :lolwut:

That's like the stress of an exam and the stress of rsults day in one :'(
Original post by AspiringGenius
Oh dear lord :lolwut:

That's like the stress of an exam and the stress of rsults day in one :'(

yep be prepared! but it's a little more satisfying cos you won't have to stress for so long while waiting :P
Original post by lazershus
yep be prepared! but it's a little more satisfying cos you won't have to stress for so long while waiting :P

So glad I got the last appointment of the day. Means I can cry without being embarrassed :cool:
Test tomz... Freakin out!
Cant wait for it to be over and done with.. Normal life will presume thereafter...
Original post by MattKneale
It happens, I was screwed over by Pearson Vue but in reality my friend few people get the score they want first time.

Consider GAMSAT (especially if you are a Science graduate/student), or there's always next year for you to boss the UKCAT and build up your portfolio of why you're going to be an amazing doctor.

Keep it up :smile:

Thanks, appreciated. !
Reply 17
Original post by MattKneale
Also remember bias -- people who do very well are also much more likely to vote on this poll. Further to that, people on TSR in general are probably more informed, and likely have done more practice on average so the whole poll is probably going to be skewed higher than reality during the application process.

Just so you know, I voted 601-650 so I'm not one of them -- though I do still need to enquire about this technical error :P

Matt, keep us updated on your appeal. I hope it go through for you. That's messed up on Pearson Vue part.
Reply 18
What's the fifth section like this year?
Reply 19
The ranges in the poll are a bit too wide, don't you think?

Latest