The Student Room Group

Summer Job Guide for Students (and everyone)!

Scroll to see replies

Ive applied for camp Beaumont, theres one really close to where i live and in the same town as my old college, so its really convenient :smile:
Reply 21
how's everyone doing so far?
Got the job at camp beaumont which only lasts a month, july-august; have also applied for PGL kids camps which im really keen on getting; just waiting to hear
Reply 23
congrats :smile:
Yay, great thread - thanks. :biggrin: Most of the shops I've tried to hand in CVs to told me it's too early. :frown:

I'm going to go on holiday this summer for a week and a half. Do you think I should put that on my CV or wait until I get a job, tell them then and p*** them off?
Reply 25
tell them if they ask at the interview, if not i'm sure you'll be able to arrange some time off work when the time comes.
Okay, thanks. :smile:
Reply 27
Is it too late to apply for those kids camps now? When do they stop recruiting?
rubee_red
Is it too late to apply for those kids camps now? When do they stop recruiting?

Nah it's not too late, it was about this time last year I applied for a couple camps, i'm still considering applying for others even though i've applied for PGL already.
What do they actuallt make you do as an Activity leader ?
Reply 30
you help the kids out, sometimes monitor meals, help out the staff, take the kids on trips etc. basically taking care of the kids and monitoring them outside of class.
Carlos The Villan
Nah it's not too late, it was about this time last year I applied for a couple camps, i'm still considering applying for others even though i've applied for PGL already.

which PGL camp have you applied to?
~cherrykisses~
which PGL camp have you applied to?

Boreatton Park
Carlos The Villan
Boreatton Park

kewl, ill be doing my training there and then go onto osmington bay
Reply 34
I have no experience with kids, or any of the quaifications like lifeguard, first aid etc. what are my chances of getting in to work with kids. I worked with them for 1 week in a primary school and enjoyed myself sooooo much! I really want to do somwthihg in the summer. i live in london btw. and i want to apply for the day camps in XkEYS. hOW DO i GO ABOUT it and do you really think ill get in with my kack of expereince? :s
Reply 35
you can get in, it just depends how good an impression you make. i didn't really have any experience with kids but i got offers last year.i made a good impression in the interviews and they remembered that. how to go about it is in the first post.
Reply 36
I heard around this time of the year, loadsa travel agents have temporary summer jobs going...yet, I can't seem to find any in my area. Annoying.
Reply 37
Has anyone heard back from Kids Klub?
Reply 38
I'm not really experienced at all in any sporting activities like kayaking etc do you reckon that significantly decreases my chances of getting a job within a camp? Has anyone ever got a job in one where they don't have experience of such things?
Reply 39
Here. If you can play football anad you're willing to learn why not? not all camps do kayaking and sports like that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending