The Student Room Group

I hate Vegetarians.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I never understand the "why do you eat something that tastes like meat then?" argument, do you miss the whole ******* point of vegetarianism? It's not just people being picky and claiming that they don't like the taste..
Reply 41
I love meat. I have nothing against vegetarians because it's their choice. Though I wouldn't go out my way to buy/cook Veggie food for one.
Vegetarians hate you too.
Reply 43
Hey there,

Now, people call me a pendant and I don’t like to play up to it. But let me point out the logical errors in your arguments, so that you can work at a more sophisticated on next time, and pretend to be smart at dinner parties:

To start on a nominal point: I really don’t know vegetarian’s who complain about other people eating meat. Maybe your friends are just dicks?

Most cafes provide some vegetarian option, as well they should. But it tends to be rubbish. I’m not sure if it’s really the vegetarian’s fault if the owners are un-creative/dull/stupid.

The only way to think that it is ‘ironic’ or ‘odd’ in some way that vegetarian’s want to at things that taste/look like meat is to make a really stupid logical assumption. This is that most vegetarians don’t eat meat because they don’t like the taste. I suggest this is a flaw, thus if vegetarian’s like the taste, but not the killing, if they could have the former without the latter they would right? Ergo, vegeburger.

You seem to be a little confused in regard morality, and interlink too many things. People don’t eat meat because they think it is a moral bad to do so. It causes un-necessary harm. This doesn’t mean that they are paradigms of moral society. So why wouldn’t they drive cars? Is the issue linked in some odd way in your mind? Even if it were linked, isn’t one moral good a positive thing in of with itself?

Actually, I don’t think vegetarians will care how much meat you eat. It is, after all your own moral choice.
I just read the rest of your post OP lol what is your stupid plan going to prove anyway?
Reply 45
I am a vegetarian and I think you will find that the overwhelming majority of vegetarians are such because of some reason related to dislike of the slaughter of animals. Veganism is a different diet to vegetarianism and contains no more or less requirement for moral problems with what you are eating, I think you need to sort your definitions out
Reply 46
I actually feel really awkward when I say I'm veggie - I like to keep it secretive. I don't really get the fake burgers/sausages/chicken though. I don't see why you'd want to eat that.
Reply 47
dmae

Actual lol. :lol:
Keiran0
Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their **** doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life ******** in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a **** about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, dickhead? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's arse every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our rear ends (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

I hate you because you are a cock.
Keiran0
Ever get the feeling that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior to you? Like they think that not eating meat makes them so special that their **** doesn't stink? As if when someone stops eating meat, they suddenly become holy and dignified and it excuses them for the years of inconvenience and frustration they inevitably inflict upon their friends, family and co-workers who just want to go to a restaurant and order a damn steak without constantly being reminded that they're going to hell for eating an animal that spends most of its life ******** in a field. There are those of us who don't have a hyperactive sense of guilt and we don't give a **** about your mixed up self-righteous moral vegetarian agenda.

"I can't eat meat." The four worst words to hear when you're going to a restuarant with someone. I literally cringe every time I hear those words because I know it means that we have to drive around the city for 2 hours looking for some restuarant that serves "friendly" burgers, which ironically look and taste exactly like hamburgers--which vegetarians object to eating because it's either A) gross or B) murder. If it's so gross, then why go out of your way to eat something exactly like it, dickhead? It's funny how vegetarians suddenly stop bitching about murder as soon as you point out their fancy leather belt or shoes, or that they drive a car and use electricity which contributes to polluting the earth and contaminating everything including the precious animals that they refuse to eat.

Well I'm tired of it. So what I've decided to do is sponsor a vegetarian! It's easy and spiteful, and we all know how much fun spiting people is! I'll explain..

What does it mean to sponsor a vegetarian? It means that you have to find someone in your life who's a really big pain in everyone's arse every time you want to go out to eat, and then you commit yourself to eating THREE times the amount of meat you'd normally consume to make up for all the meat that your vegetarian buddy isn't eating. It's that simple! That way, you can reverse the guilt trip that they've been laying on us for years by not only neutralizing their cause, but making it actually worse by eating more animals than would have ever been eaten had they not chosen to become vegetarians!

What if vegetarians say they don't care because we'll become fat by sponsoring them? I've thought about that already. All you have to do is exercise. I know it goes against the being lazy rule that I advocate so much, but this is so spiteful that it more than makes up for the exercise you'll have to do--which means that if you choose the 3 to 1 plan and sponsor a vegetarian, you're being so spiteful that you can't lose! If you have a choice, eat three separate types of animal to maximize your efficiency! Only offered beef? No problem: visit the zoo and eat a monkey!

The best part of it is that this plan is bullet proof. Finally those of us who don't have our heads firmly planted up our rear ends (with respect to vegetarianism, don't get me wrong, most people still need a crowbar up side the head) have a tool to combat these moral elitists!

lol

1. If you are simply getting 'a feeling' that vegetarians consider themselves morally superior, it is more likely that you simply feel morally inferior, and project this onto them.

2. Vegetarians eat vegi burgers shaped like normal burgers because they are a convenient shape. That's why actual burgers are shaped like that - when you kill an animal it doesn't just disintegrate into circular slabs. When you see a vegetarian turning a quorn pig on a spitroast, you may have a point.

3. Your sponsorship will just make you poor. Also you will probably die younger from a heart problem, thus saving more animal lives in the long run.

4. Most vegetarians are more concerned about the effects of global pollution on themselves and people, like you should be.

5. If you take 2 hours to find somewhere which serves a vegetarian burger, you're an idiot or you live in Iraq. McDonalds does at least 2 vegetarian meals for christ's sake.

6. You clearly do 'give a ****' about my 'moral vegetarian agenda', seeing as you've written a rather long post about it. This again suggests that you feel guilty in the presence of vegetarians who inadvertently remind you of your evils. It is natural to lash out, so don't worry.

7. Now that you mention it, my **** smells of roses.
The most annoying argument that I here from carnivores is: 'well it is just personal choice and I can do as I like'. Oh yeh? Is murdering humans merely a personal choice?
Reply 51
Definition fail, someone who can't afford to eat meat all the time isn't a vegetarian, someone who never eats meat is. Also I take it you have never been to the far east as almost every roadside cafe and shop is crammed full of cheap meat products, its not expensive to rear chickens :wink:.

A vegan could 'wear a leather belt' just as morally fine as a non-vegan assuming their diet was not based on any moral feelings, if it were it doesn't matter whether they are vegan or vegetarian it would be wrong.
Well in a descriptive sense it is a personal choice in this country i.e. the government will not interfere. But in a normative sense it is certainly not because it is morally unacceptable. A personal choice would be choosing a red car or a blue car.
I hate haters.
Not another moral relativist

My point was that if you tried to kill me then the government would have the right to stop you because what you are doing is morally unacceptable (i.e. NOT a personal choice). It is the same for eating meat.
What?
Reply 56
No you would have been a vegetarian but you wouldn't be anymore. Vegans are defined by their diet. You seem to have this mixed up somewhat. A vegan doesn't eat any animal products, no meat but no milk, cheese etc. either, whereas vegetarians only don't eat 'meat'. There is no essential philosophical difference between them.
Right... It was a joke by the way. I'm sure you can work it out.
Don't remember the negging but might have done.

Nope I don't believe morality is subjective. Morality (almost my definition) must be consistent but this is inconsistent with the claim morality is subjective which states that there is no moral truth,it just varies from person to person. I won't bother going into meta-ethics...

Whether you think the state has a right to intervene depends upon your political philosophy. If the state is to not intervene then individuals can. essentially an act is not a personal choice when others have the right to stop. This is the crucial distinction between morality and taste.
Reply 59
Please tell me where you are getting these ridiculous made up definitions from. Every source available would disagree with you, unless you take 'strict vegetarian' to entail some sort of necessary moral code it's just a subsection of the wider 'vegetarian' bracket really.

edit: wait, are you arguing that not wearing leather should be included in the definition or that a moral basis has to be included? (in the vegan definition)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending