The Student Room Group

G4S 2012 Olympics Job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by niyaz93
yeah you should to avoid the long queue at the interview..

so I fill out both?

oh lawd...
Reply 301
Original post by niyaz93
i dont the door supervision training and skills for security but havent done any training that is relevent to my role so just awaiting on that...

Why don't you book the other training?
Reply 302
I had my interview on the 11th of this month (2 weeks this Wednesday) haven't heard anything yet. I guess It's just a waiting game now. Application status also says "sent to screening".........................
Reply 303
Original post by .Missy
Why don't you book the other training?

which one?? ive only been asked to do two and i done them both..but they werent related to my specific role as much, which is why i think theres more training left for me but let see all i can do is wait as they didnt get back to me yet.
Reply 304
Original post by niyaz93
which one?? ive only been asked to do two and i done them both..but they werent related to my specific role as much, which is why i think theres more training left for me but let see all i can do is wait as they didnt get back to me yet.

Oh right. Ok. I thought they picked out training for you when you pass the screening phase. What is your role?
Reply 305
Original post by .Missy
Oh right. Ok. I thought they picked out training for you when you pass the screening phase. What is your role?

VSA(Vehicle searcher/Marshall)
Reply 306
Original post by niyaz93
VSA(Vehicle searcher/Marshall)

Ohh.. ok.
Reply 307
Original post by .Missy
Ohh.. ok.

well they said im suitable for that so yeah not guaranteed yet, just wished they would hurry up, you live local to the olympics?
Reply 308
Original post by niyaz93
well they said im suitable for that so yeah not guaranteed yet, just wished they would hurry up, you live local to the olympics?

True. They might change it later on. As long as I have a job there I don't care what I'm doing.

Yep. Very close to stratford about 10 mins by bus. How about yourself?
Reply 309
Original post by .Missy
True. They might change it later on. As long as I have a job there I don't care what I'm doing.

Yep. Very close to stratford about 10 mins by bus. How about yourself?

True thats how i take it...

yeah i can take the central line itll only take me around 5mins so yeah location for me is perfect :biggrin: x
Reply 310
Original post by niyaz93
True thats how i take it...

yeah i can take the central line itll only take me around 5mins so yeah location for me is perfect :biggrin: x

Lol all the trains are going to be completely packed during the olympic time. Especially the central line. :unimpressed:
Reply 311
Original post by .Missy
Lol all the trains are going to be completely packed during the olympic time. Especially the central line. :unimpressed:

true but its going to be the same with the buses, just need to get out extra early :/ 12hour shifts peaktimes :/ i used to do around 10hrs before and my legs used to ache plus going to be summer but still excited :biggrin:
Reply 312
Original post by niyaz93
true but its going to be the same with the buses, just need to get out extra early :/ 12hour shifts peaktimes :/ i used to do around 10hrs before and my legs used to ache plus going to be summer but still excited :biggrin:

True :frown: Buses suck. 10 hours??:eek: For what? I'm going to be fasting too :/ hopefully its not to hard.
Reply 313
Original post by .Missy
True :frown: Buses suck. 10 hours??:eek: For what? I'm going to be fasting too :/ hopefully its not to hard.

i used to work in mcdz before, was enough for me torture :/ lool ermm i worked fasting, its not that bad time goes quicker, feel way better but get thirsty easily.,,
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 314
Original post by niyaz93
i used to work in mcdz before, was enough for me torture :/ lool ermm i worked fasting, its not that bad time goes quicker, feel way better but get thirsty easily.,,

lool I would love to work somewhere where theres food. Prob gain 10 stone while working too:colondollar: That's true even though I would of slept the hours away. Least I'll have something to do this summer (hopefully)
Has anyone received the results of the Door Supervisor Course? I've been waiting months now.
Reply 316
Is anybody going to their interview tomorrow? I have mine at 2:30... I'm planning on getting there for 2. Do you think this will be alright?

What do I do when I get there? Mine's at Upton park. I guess I just sign in? I'm taking my passport, birth certificate, bank statement, driving license, NI Card and bank account details... I hope this well be alright! Any more tips for the interview?

Thanks! I'm quite looking forward to it. :smile:
Reply 317
Original post by Terminator7t
Has anyone received the results of the Door Supervisor Course? I've been waiting months now.

it should only take a few weeks to recieve the certificate, call them up
Reply 318
Original post by .Missy
lool I would love to work somewhere where theres food. Prob gain 10 stone while working too:colondollar: That's true even though I would of slept the hours away. Least I'll have something to do this summer (hopefully)

yeah same, trust it was hard working there while fasting but manageable lool, same ive been out of work for months..looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 319
Original post by niyaz93
yeah same, trust it was hard working there while fasting but manageable lool, same ive been out of work for months..looking forward to it :biggrin:

This would be my first actual job. I'm constantly late to everything :/ You don't think there going to ask the college I go to about my attendance/ punctuality. It's so low :/ Hope thats not part of screening

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending