The Student Room Group

Ched Evans jailed for rape

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by zigs87
Something I wondered... don't the reports say that she woke up alone, and she's told the court that she can't remember anything? In that case...how did she even know she'd had sex with ched evans? I can see how she knew about McDonald since she went back with him, but if she is so certain she doesn't remember then how is it that she knew she'd had sex with both? Not casting aspersions on the verdict, I'm sure there's a lot more to it that we don't know, but it just occurred to me.

Because he said he'd had sex with her, I bet he wouldn't have if he knew how much trouble it would land him in.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
This is why I dont screw drunk sluts/slags.

That girl knew full well she'd get cash from it but he didnt cum where she wanted him too probably and he took pics of her gooey face. :lol:

Stupid slapper.

She was raped. What a terrible attitude you've got.
Original post by walterwhite123
She was raped. What a terrible attitude you've got.

Raped?

Have you seen the amount of women/girls lining up at places where these footballers hang out?

I dont see crowds of women lining up at normal clubs, do you?

Its easy to spot a tart and these footballers have no other option than to shag them and leave them. You actually think this woman has any moral grounds to claim she was raped when in all honesty she wanted to be screwed by this guy but either saw a pay day (obvious) or felt like a dirty tart after he came on her face and she couldn't bare to know she had a BF who loves her.

:lol:

Women are far from innocent when it comes to playing the field with rich guys.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Raped?

Have you seen the amount of women/girls lining up at places where these footballers hang out?

I dont see crowds of women lining up at normal clubs, do you?

Its easy to spot a tart and these footballers have no other option than to shag them and leave them. You actually think this woman has any moral grounds to claim she was raped when in all honesty she wanted to be screwed by this guy but either saw a pay day (obvious) or felt like a dirty tart after he came on her face and she couldn't bare to know she had a BF who loves her.

:lol:

Women are far from innocent when it comes to playing the field with rich guys.

Yes, she was raped as proven in a court of law.
Did Sheffield Utd hold a round of applause for Ched Evans? Anyone confirm this?
Original post by NDGAARONDI

Don't think it was organised by the club itself just a majority of our "fans" who if we do lose in the playoffs will quickly find Evans a rather useful scapegoat.

I did think and I do think its odd that a girl who couldn't be certain whether she consented or not makes it automatic rape but I freely admit that I wasn't part of the jury, which to reach a verdict rather quickly and so must have been presented with evidence not reported in the public domain.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire
Original post by Matthew_Lowson
Don't think it was organised by the club itself just a majority of our "fans" who if we do lose in the playoffs will quickly find Evans a rather useful scapegoat.

I did think and I do think its odd that a girl who couldn't be certain whether she consented or not makes it automatic rape but I freely admit that I wasn't part of the jury, which to reach a verdict rather quickly and so must have been presented with evidence not reported in the public domain.

I think the point being that she couldn't say that she had explicitly said no to sex (therefore can't deny) but just because you don't say no, doesn't mean you have consented.

If my words or actions say no - it means no
If my words or actions say yes - it means yes

If I don't say either, I think it's implicit that you can't assume you can put your penis inside me.
Original post by Zerforax
I think the point being that she couldn't say that she had explicitly said no to sex (therefore can't deny) but just because you don't say no, doesn't mean you have consented.

If my words or actions say no - it means no
If my words or actions say yes - it means yes

If I don't say either, I think it's implicit that you can't assume you can put your penis inside me.

I can understand and accept that but in my view it can lead to people who do regret what they have done retroactively "withdrawing" consent and therefore can lead to someone being asked to defend themselves against something that they might not have done in the first place.

Original post by Matthew_Lowson
I can understand and accept that but in my view it can lead to people who do regret what they have done retroactively "withdrawing" consent and therefore can lead to someone being asked to defend themselves against something that they might not have done in the first place.

If someone does that, essentially they have lied in court and should be jailed for ruining someone else's life.

I think the prosecution argued that she could not give consent therefore it was rape. I think the first guy she slept with did not get punished because it was held to be consenual?
Original post by NDGAARONDI

They certainly did not.

A few fans applauded, but there were far more who were disgusted at it.
Reply 130
Original post by Idle
If you are drunk and start a fight you get no remorse from the law, get drunk and say yes to sex and obviously you couldn't help it because you were drunk. Hypocrisy.

Not really.
Reply 131
Original post by Mr Disco
Not really.

Great explanation.
Reply 132
Original post by Idle
If you are drunk and start a fight you get no remorse from the law, get drunk and say yes to sex and obviously you couldn't help it because you were drunk. Hypocrisy.

If you really don't understand: in the first instance you have committed a crime. In the second you have been a victim of a crime.
Reply 133
Original post by walterwhite123
But it isn't up to him to prove she consented is it? It's up to the prosecution to prove 'beyond reasonable doubt' that she didn't.

Or prove that she was incapable of giving valid consent. Which they did, clearly.
Reply 134
If you really don't understand: in the first instance you have committed a crime. In the second you have been a victim of a crime.

It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with your mental judgement and what you are capable of consenting to.
Reply 135
Original post by Idle
It's nothing to do with that, it's to do with your mental judgement and what you are capable of consenting to.

But the issue of consent is only relevant in the case of rape, consent has got nothing to do with assault.
Reply 136
But the issue of consent is only relevant in the case of rape, consent has got nothing to do with assault.

But then when that drunk you don't have the mental capability to say yes to sex? Then you don't have the mental capability to say yes to having a fight or putting a chair through a window. It works one way or the other.
For a split second I thought this said 'Chris Evans' and I was like what
Reply 138
Original post by Idle
But then when that drunk you don't have the mental capability to say yes to sex? Then you don't have the mental capability to say yes to having a fight or putting a chair through a window. It works one way or the other.

What in God's name are you on about? The "mental capacity to say yes to having a fight or putting a chair through a window" is irrelevant, you have still committed the crime when you do either of those things. Informed consent is not irrelevant in the case of rape. Fairly obviously.
Reply 139
What in God's name are you on about? The "mental capacity to say yes to having a fight or putting a chair through a window" is irrelevant, you have still committed the crime when you do either of those things. Informed consent is not irrelevant in the case of rape. Fairly obviously.

Not when we have the insanity plea it is not irrelevant at all.

Quick Reply