The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
motorhead
have you received the usual complain of two 'red' absences in a row from the SSC ?

I have, and I will next week too when I skip my useless micro teacher's class.

Is it really my fault that in NONE of the classes I had with him throughout the year he never managed to go through all the set homework problems; or the fact that the one textbook problem he manages to do per class is done so confusingly I have to look up posted solutions before I get anything? Really there's better use of my time especially as I dont live too close to lse.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Sports Racer
If you arrive at LSE after about noon I think it's pretty pointless going to the library. Mid afternoon there are simply no seats available and people start sitting on the floor.

This is so true. I think you can find a single seat, but no chance if you wanna sit with friends.

Classes are extremely annoying. Complete waste of time which simply gets in the way of good solid revision imo. In my experience there are two types of ST classes:

1. Those that clean up any stuff missed out in LT. Typically the week 10 homework. Distant memory and presented as new knowledge even though you're in the revision mindset.
2. Unplanned 'What don't you understand?' classes. Some girl asks a question about some fundamental concept which takes the teacher the whole hour to explain.

My classes last week just covered the latest exercise sets. I thought they were useful (hadn't bothered revising the material myself).

Is anyone experiencing lots of Moodle rape e-mails? Every day someone posts in the MA100 forum with something ridiculous like "what are leading ones?" or "I'm pretty sure I'll get 100% in the exam, I am willing to give the solutions I've made for every past paper" (which led to MASS spam with people begging for solutions and the Moodle rapists posting more and more banter :biggrin:).
Swayum
Is anyone experiencing lots of Moodle rape e-mails? Every day someone posts in the MA100 forum with something ridiculous like "what are leading ones?" or "I'm pretty sure I'll get 100% in the exam, I am willing to give the solutions I've made for every past paper" (which led to MASS spam with people begging for solutions and the Moodle rapists posting more and more banter :biggrin:).

Yea the solution rapist was a douche, I rofled at the leading one guy though...
Reply 23
One guy in our metrics revision lecture asked "what is the covariance between beta and its regressor" :biggrin:
Reply 24
who is your micro teacher?

mine is really good. do you want me to PM you some stuff he told us?
astudent
I have, and I will next week too when I skip my useless micro teacher's class.

isn't it dangerous for the exam admission? just asking, I perfectly agree on the fact that one should have the chance to choose whether going to useless classes or not. at leat in the ST.
Reply 26
motorhead
isn't it dangerous for the exam admission? just asking, I perfectly agree on the fact that one should have the chance to choose whether going to useless classes or not. at leat in the ST.

Well personally, no since I go to all regular classes throughout the year. I just skip the ones in st
I doubt you can get an exam bar this late in the year anyway, and there isn't enough stuff to miss in the ST to warrant that anyway :P
Reply 28
nah.

only people who dont attend and dont give in hand ins or if they do and score badly, really get in trouble.
Reply 29
astudent and danny - where do you guys live?
Reply 30
Swayum
astudent and danny - where do you guys live?

oi oi :wink2: we hardly know you

in London!

Why do you wanna know? I am not too keen to say where exactly I live on the internet tbh. If you give me a good reason I'll pm.
Reply 31
You have to wine'n'dine him first :biggrin:
Reply 32
Lol I didn't mean an exact address - just like with flatmates/halls/single flat/home/whatever. My friends are looking for a place around the UCL (Bloomsbury) area.
Reply 33
oh right.

I live in my parents flat. Next year (rather September) my brother is most likely coming, too.

But yes, what I can say from my friends, try to get a palce close to LSE. I wouldn wanna walk 40 minutes in the morning.
Reply 34
what does rick rolled mean?

and if you can tell me it doesn involve male genitalia then ill open it.
Reply 35
It involved nothing more than some model estimation with instrumental variables :biggrin:
Reply 36
that would have been interesting.

why take it down?
Reply 37
LSE sucks out life.
Reply 38
Starting to feel more confident about Economics B finally. Still really scared about section C though.

I reckon I can pull off 20 in A and 7 in B, so that's 41 marks. Not sure how I'm meant to get 30 from section C though... at best I can see myself getting 2 in six questions, 3 in two questions and 1 in two questions, which is 19 marks. This is my BEST case scenario, i.e. if I work like crazy this next week.
Reply 39
Swayum
Starting to feel more confident about Economics B finally. Still really scared about section C though.

I reckon I can pull off 20 in A and 7 in B, so that's 41 marks. Not sure how I'm meant to get 30 from section C though... at best I can see myself getting 2 in six questions, 3 in two questions and 1 in two questions, which is 19 marks. This is my BEST case scenario, i.e. if I work like crazy this next week.

lol how are you scared about C if you can only manage 7 in B (which is the real hard stuff). You should be able to get at least 3 in every section C question, just by knowing the picture for that topic and waffling a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending