The Student Room Group

did i fail my gcse?

if i was to write some of it in pencil?
Reply 1
Unfortunately, you'll have to just wait and see.

Plus your invigilators should hand black pens to you if you don't have them :erm:
Reply 2
Original post by mevidek
Unfortunately, you'll have to just wait and see.

This.
If it was scanned and sent you are running the risk of it not been picked up and therefore it will be unable to be read. But I don't think there is anything you can do but wait. I don't think there will be a certain answer until you get your results.
Reply 3
They do tell you many times not to do it in pencil, don't they? How do you get to the end of your GCSEs before realising you've done all your exams in pencil? :facepalm2:
It depends on how it scanned. The reason they ask you to write in black pen is because it scans best. You won't fail simply because you wrote in pencil, but if it doesn't scan well and the examiner can't read it, they're not going to go to great lengths to find out what your answer was, given that on the front of the exam paper it says in pretty bold letters that you are to write in black ink.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
If it was literature then no, because we still mark the physical script. But those that are now marked electronically do not show up pencil, so, yes, you will have failed.

Quick Reply

Latest