The Student Room Group

Hull Uni Nursing Interview - 2012

Hi

I've just had my nursing interview for Hull Uni and feel like I made a right mess of it! Has anyone else had an interview at Hull, or got one coming up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I had my interview 26th Oct at Hull, how did it go for you? Which branch of nursing have you applied for? My interview was ok, and thought interviewers was lovely. But last bit was a bit boring. What did you think?
Kelly
Reply 2
Hi, I felt like I had really messed up in my interview at hull for adult nursing, but I got a place and started sept 11, so it's not always as bad as you think! Good luck :-)
Original post by Forever_hopeful
Hi

I've just had my nursing interview for Hull Uni and feel like I made a right mess of it! Has anyone else had an interview at Hull, or got one coming up?
Hi Kelly.87

My interview was for mental health nursing. I've not heard anything as yet other than a few days later asking for some documents regarding my CRB check...and I quote 'we are unable to process any offer without these documents'.
I just hate waiting!
Original post by xxxjojoxxx

Original post by xxxjojoxxx
Hi, I felt like I had really messed up in my interview at hull for adult nursing, but I got a place and started sept 11, so it's not always as bad as you think! Good luck :-)

How soon did you hear after the interview that you got a place? Are you enjoying it now? :smile:
Reply 5
Hi hun, I just got an offer last week just conditional that I pass the medical and there is a bursary available. My interview was ok, to be honest some questions I screwed up big time! Especially one!! I felt like I may as well of got up and walked out after I answerd that one lol but really liked my interviewers. But I got my offer :smile: they did tell us they wouldn't be making offers until 18th December but for some reason I got mine now, so don't panic, they already liked you to offer you an interview! I'm sure you will get an offer but please keep us updated! Would be nice to see how you get on :smile:
Kelly
Reply 6
Also don't let it concern you that I've already heard back, as I have applied for Adult Nursing so they will probably be making offers at different times
Kelly :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
They don't seem to be in a rush to let people know, especially if you had the interview a few weeks before you found out! I'm not worrying about not hearing a they did say I had to allow up to the 18th Dec before they replied, but it is just the waiting that is the worst!
Congratulations to you btw for getting a place!
Reply 8
Thank you. But like I said mine is the adult branch and also I think the admissions lady has gone off ill now for a knee op hasn't she? I was a bit shocked when I got a response. How did you find the university?
Kelly
I like the university and the clinical skills department was very impressive! The tutors that interviewed us were nice too. You are right though about the lady off sick...typical! :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Lol yep typical! We didn't get to see the skills department, they said it was far to busy for us to go and look around :frown: what was it like? Was Sheila a bit harsh with your group? She was with us doing the weeding I think lol :tongue:
Reply 11
Lol that's what I thought she scared me a little to be honest, she told us how it was the most antisocial course to be on, and if we expect decent holidays to think again, she definitely unsettled me, but didn't put me off been waiting for this for ages! Nothing will put me off lol. Can't wait to see skills dep! What made you choose mental heath nursing then? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 12
Is Hull uni just an interview or group sessions aswell? Really hoping to get in at Hull!

Thanks
Original post by Forever_hopeful
How soon did you hear after the interview that you got a place? Are you enjoying it now? :smile:
It didn't take long to for me to hear, but I am doing adult nursing... I am really enjoying it, the tutors are really nice and some of the lecturers are pretty funny so it's easy to stay interested! :smile: it's a good idea to get organised in the first couple of weeks though, as there is quite abit of online study to do on a weekly basis, plus an assignment to get done. The online studies are sometimes research prior to practice skills, related to professional practice etc. If you are organised from the start there is not too much work... And a lot of people still manage to have a life! (although I am only in the first 3 months, it might change! Haha)
Reply 14
Original post by Chris_SN
Is Hull uni just an interview or group sessions aswell? Really hoping to get in at Hull!

Thanks

Hiya we had a one on one interview then, we all sat together while the course was explained to us in full, and we had the chance then to ask any questions that we had. But no group activities or anything like that. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Kelly.87
Hiya we had a one on one interview then, we all sat together while the course was explained to us in full, and we had the chance then to ask any questions that we had. But no group activities or anything like that. :smile:

Thanks Kelly! Looks like we are in the same boat - from Grimsby, same age and wanting to start Adult nursing at Hull uni next year.
Reply 16
Thanks Kelly! Looks like we are in the same boat - from Grimsby, same age and wanting to start Adult nursing at Hull uni next year.

Hope it goes well for you! Would be nice to meet someone else from Grimsby on the same course! Have you been offerd an interview or got an interview date yet? The day was pretty strait forward and routine to be honest, interview was ok.. the lecturer who interviewed me was called Guy, he was lovely! Made me feel really relaxed! Have you applied anywhere else?
Hi Kelly
So sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but things have been a bit hectic of late (I'm currently working fulltime AND studying). I chose mental health because I worked in psychiatry for 5 years, and have close friends and family who have mental health issues, so it just seemed a logical choice for me. Plus I'm nosey so it's perfect as I get to know everyone's business but in a professional capacity :-D
I've STILL not heard anything and it's doing my head in! lol
Reply 18
Original post by Kelly.87
Hope it goes well for you! Would be nice to meet someone else from Grimsby on the same course! Have you been offerd an interview or got an interview date yet? The day was pretty strait forward and routine to be honest, interview was ok.. the lecturer who interviewed me was called Guy, he was lovely! Made me feel really relaxed! Have you applied anywhere else?

Thanks! Nah not heard back from Hull yet, I've also applied to Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield (interview 13th Jan) and Northumbria (interview 2nd Dec.. this Friday!). Basically I ve applied for anywhere thats in the catchment area for a secondment from work and Northumbria too.

You applied for anywhere else? Definitely off too Hull?
Reply 19
Thanks! Nah not heard back from Hull yet, I've also applied to Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield (interview 13th Jan) and Northumbria (interview 2nd Dec.. this Friday!). Basically I ve applied for anywhere thats in the catchment area for a secondment from work and Northumbria too.

You applied for anywhere else? Definitely off too Hull?

Yep I did the risky thing and actually only applied to Hull, but it paid off and now have an unconditional, didn't really want to go anywhere else. Did think about applying to Sheffield but changed my mind just before I applied. Seems quite nice there, relaxed and not too crazy lol. Was your first choice Hull then? Good luck for your interviews by the way will be nice to take your pick lol

Quick Reply