The Student Room Group

Architecture courses that don't do Architecture

Scroll to see replies

I sat in as a guest crit at Westminster first year students last week. The work that was produced was a really high quality. You could tell which students had not made an effort and lacked enthusiasm for Architecture (there were two or three out of 15) and I imagine that those are the ones that will fail. But if you show enthusiasm in your work, I doubt you would fail first year.
Original post by Stewie2011
Don't Westminster fail about 60% of people in first year?

don't think so. Its much less then that.
Original post by lwhiteman88
I sat in as a guest crit at Westminster first year students last week. The work that was produced was a really high quality. You could tell which students had not made an effort and lacked enthusiasm for Architecture (there were two or three out of 15) and I imagine that those are the ones that will fail. But if you show enthusiasm in your work, I doubt you would fail first year.

They've got the first years doing a project this year about comparing two sites, it's a bit rubbish. They should be on the sections by now.

The drop outs were about 30% and the fails were about 10%. It's difficult to notice these people as they're mostly the ones who don't come in.
Original post by yeahyeahyeahs
don't think so. Its much less then that.

Hi Yeahyeahyeah. I have just got a portfolio request from Westminster!! Overwhelmed! Please please please provide me some links to the successful portfolio so that I can have a brief idea of what works and what not! Arghh! I got to prepare. btw, when they say 10 images, can i combine the process work with the final outcome into 1 image using photoshop?
Original post by lwhiteman88

There isn't a high failure rate, its just the amount of people who leave is high. they leave for a number of reasons, maybe the course wasn't for them, so they change unis or courses. its normally those who fail are those who dont come in, or never did all the briefs they were given, leaving it to last minute during hand in.
Reply 25
Original post by yeahyeahyeahs
There isn't a high failure rate, its just the amount of people who leave is high. they leave for a number of reasons, maybe the course wasn't for them, so they change unis or courses. its normally those who fail are those who dont come in, or never did all the briefs they were given, leaving it to last minute during hand in.

Interesting, im a first year architecture student at westminster, hmm wonder which tutors you were with.

Quick Reply