The Student Room Group

The "waiting for news is driving me crazy" uberthread 2011-12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by gypsyboots
Is anyone still waiting for replies from Dundee University?

I am and all of my friends who applied are too!
Reply 4181
received offers from Roehamption, Kingston and SouthBank...still waiting for Westminster and Middlesex to get back to me...the wait is killing me slowly *sigh*
Reply 4182
Just got an unconditional from UCL for straight Law!!! Ecstatic :biggrin:
Also got offers from QMUL, York, and Birmingham - still waiting on Bristol, but I think at this point I'll be withdrawing my application, because I'm obviously firming UCL :biggrin:
To all those still waiting, good luck, and anything is possible! I didn't think I had a shot in hell :smile:
Reply 4183
Just got an unconditional from UCL for straight Law!!! Ecstatic :biggrin:
Also got offers from QMUL, York, and Birmingham - still waiting on Bristol, but I think at this point I'll be withdrawing my application, because I'm obviously firming UCL :biggrin:
To all those still waiting, good luck, and anything is possible! I didn't think I had a shot in hell :smile:
Reply 4184
offer from LSE for economics :smile:
Applied in mid December, got 2 rejections from UCL and Leeds College of Art and not heard from the other 3 :frown: I sent portfolios off on 20th Jan for Cardiff and 5th march for Oxford Brookes (you wouldnt think i applied at the same time for these courses) and Queens Belfast doesnt require one. I was told by Cardiff i'd hear late Feb or late March...so hopefully it shouldn't be long :smile: and QUB and Brookes, i have no idea how long it'll be so fingers crossed it'll be soon!!
Got a rejection from portsmouth on thursday, but I logged into UCAS today and their offer was unconditional. Apparently they reconsidered my application because of my predicted grades and disregarded the fact you need a B in maths and ive got a C...
Waiting for news is driving me crazy and I only sent my application off this time last week (current first year reapplying) so I feel for all you lot, anyone got English language offers from Reading or Cardiff?
Reply 4188
Was excited/terrified to see that I had an email today from UCAS!!!

...Media :facepalm:
Original post by Bea492

...Media :facepalm:

I know the feeling! I just go "WHYYYYYYYYYY are you tormenting me like this?!" when I get an e-mail from UCAS... Media. :dry:
Reply 4190
Geez, I hate it when I see the message "Track will be unavailable". But it says maintance will take place between 7.00 - 8.00 UK time. Does it mean only in the morning or it's from 7.00am to 8.00pm ?
Reply 4191
Original post by cvety
Geez, I hate it when I see the message "Track will be unavailable". But it says maintance will take place between 7.00 - 8.00 UK time. Does it mean only in the morning or it's from 7.00am to 8.00pm ?

Should be just the morning, as if it was any different they'd use am/pm or 0700-2000... or at least they should :P
Reply 4192
Is there some sort of deadline for universities replying to students' applications?
Reply 4193
Original post by Trin94
if you sent your app by the january deadline, then you should hear back from all your choices by the 30th of march.
Good luck.:smile:

This seems to be going around this year, but is wrong.

May.

Try May.

The deadline is May, ffs
Original post by Juno
This seems to be going around this year, but is wrong.

May.

Try May.

The deadline is May, ffs

Yup, the universities are only guided to give out the answers by the end of March. Official deadline 10th May.
Reply 4195
What's the deadline for adding choices?
Reply 4196
Original post by Mati1
What's the deadline for adding choices?

The deadline for adding choices for equal consideration has passed. Any courses you add now do not have to consider you. However, you have until June 30th to actually add a choice - but email first to find out if there is any point.
Applied to Glasgow Caledonian in Sept and still havent heard back.....argghhh hopefully I hear back before the end of March
Im still waiting to hear from Sussex Uni and Keele Uni. I havent heard a thing from them since I set my UCAS in January - Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from them and if this is normal?

Thanks x
Reply 4199
Did you get notifications that they have received your application?

I have got my last offer on 14th of March but at that time I was about to contact the uni. You should contact them and ask.

However, note that the deadline for the unies to answer is the end of March.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending