The Student Room Group

I give up on humanity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by beepbeeprichie
So are millions of others who die each year. Don't see all the fuss about them.

Original post by lubus
this. what pisses me off is that there ws a bigger reaction to this guy almost dying than to 22 kids dying in swiss this week (bus crash).

EXACTLY.
If anything his logic is faulty.
Reply 22
I think he's missing a point though. What if no actually cares that much? Just because he's famous and it got reported on the news and it was reported in papers, doesn't mean people necessarily care that much about it.
Original post by insomniacramblings
Okay, there is no way your username was vacant until late 2010.

Why?
Reply 24
The guy has a very good point. Never saw anyone give a **** when everyone else who is that age had a heart attack.
Original post by Piprod01
...and you just linked to it, so every time someone reads this thread you are pretty much handing him a penny.

Well the OP should have given a much more informative title, can't really blame someone for their annoyance when they have to read all the way to 4th comment or watched a Youtube video before they realise they don't have any interest.

Thats not why I think he's a ****...
Reply 26
Why does this fool care who people want to care about and pray for? Yes, ideally everyone who dies from health conditions should be mourned, whether they are footballers or celebrities or just the average Joe. However, in reality that is not possible and people often use instances like this, when well known people get hurt or injured as an opportunity to show publicly their sense of empathy, which may not happen on a regular basis. There is nothing wrong with that and at the end of the day he's a human being. People are praying for a human being not a footballer. Football just happens to be his profession.
Reply 27
I agree that some of the coverage of Muamba is just over the top now. I mean, I hope he gets better and am sad to hear of his condition, but, Christ people, just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he's more important than anyone else. People die all the time, it's not like anyone here knows him personally... (Not trying to be a dick here, just trying to give a bit of perspective)
Reply 28
Original post by jaxxa
I agree that some of the coverage of Muamba is just over the top now. I mean, I hope he gets better and am sad to hear of his condition, but, Christ people, just because he's a footballer doesn't mean he's more important than anyone else. People die all the time, it's not like anyone here knows him personally... (Not trying to be a dick here, just trying to give a bit of perspective)

I get where you're coming from an on a small level I agree with you. He's not special or any more important that another but I just don't think that's enough reason to not pray for the guy. Also, who determines exactly how much importance a person should be given? It's very subjective. When Michael Jackson died...people were literally crying but when my grandfather passed away, not more than a 100 people knew about it, and they were all within my family. That's how the world works...I don't get why people feel it necessary to try and dictate how much mourning and sympathy a person deserves because at the end of the day....a heart attack is a heart attack. It doesn't differentiate between people.
Original post by TheStudent.
Why?

Because of it's similarity to the website's name. It seems like something that would be snatched up early in the forum's existence.
Reply 30
this man is why post natal abortion should be legalized, the dribbling prick.
Original post by insomniacramblings
Because of it's similarity to the website's name. It seems like something that would be snatched up early in the forum's existence.

I'm that original :colondollar:
I agree with him if I'm honest.
If you agree with this inbred piece of **** then I don't value you as a human. Simple!
Original post by lubus
this. what pisses me off is that there ws a bigger reaction to this guy almost dying than to 22 kids dying in swiss this week (bus crash).

Well, to be fair, i heard more about those poor kiddies, than this footballer guy? I didn't see a country stop for a minute for him y'know? They're rather unrelated? Although i see what you mean, severity wise, it's a shame those children lost their lives, but that man is still suffering, one pain doesn't cancel out another if it's 'worth' more?

There's no need to be unkind, anybody- if you don't care, don't post.

And maybe if all those people who die from heart attacks were on the news and we knew their individual stories, everyone would be sad about them too? But it's just because it was in the media? If your friend says their mother or father or something from a heart attack or they'd had one, you'd feel for them too??
What does it matter?
Original post by beepbeeprichie
So are millions of others who die each year. Don't see all the fuss about them.

They don't collapse in a stadium packed with tens of thousands of people looking on, though do they? You expect a bit more attention in such a high-profile situation.
Original post by notastampcollector
They don't collapse in a stadium packed with tens of thousands of people looking on, though do they? You expect a bit more attention in such a high-profile situation.

Unfortunately, yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending