The Student Room Group

How much is your car insurance?

I'm 20, nearly 21. Passed about 5 months a go.

Drive a Golf 1.4 and costs me £212 a month. :eek:

That's by far the cheapest I can find with Quinn Direct. Other companies were quoting at least double that.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in the same position you're in. :cry2: damn, costs far too much to drive!
Reply 2
18 cheapest I can get is around £11,000 for Nissan Micra. Don't really bother driving. Life is hard :/ well to get a reasonable quote is hard!
Reply 3
Also the most I've been quoted was with endsleigh which was £23,458.38 and I got kind of excited when I saw the monthly payments of £2000 something thinking that was my annual premium which then gave me a heart attack to find out it was my monthly payments :frown:
mine is Quinn Direct- £3000 for the year. They were the cheapest I could find also, the car is a - Peugeot 207 1.4 2010
Reply 5
20, 21 in June.
Passed in November.
Costs me £260PM for a 1.2 Fiat Punto.
Reply 6
£92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.
Reply 7
IMG_0583[1].PNG Just to prove I'm not trolling!
Reply 8
My insurance is due for renewal in a few days, when I saw two people on here with Quinn, I quickly tried to run a quote only to find they won't even give me one.

Renewal will be 3k+ didn't come down at all since last year. :frown:
Reply 9
About £700 a year for a Fiesta, surprisingly, not much more for cars significantly more powerful. I imagine it's helped from my postcode more than anything else, although I do have 3 years no-claims.
Reply 10
1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver
Reply 11
Original post by Yawn11
£92 a month. Co-op Young drivers. Passed test 5 months ago.

I thought mine was expensive. Jeez.

Sucks to be you guys.

Coop insurance is crap though - they monitor your driving 24/7. They quoted
me the cheapest but I paid more for Admiral because there terms were reasonable.
Reply 12
Original post by drummer
1.4 Astra 06 reg. £2200 named driver

That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.
Reply 13
£120 a month for me without no claims bonus. I thought mines was dear before seeing this thread!
Reply 14
Original post by Noble.
That's because it's a Vauxhall. It's cheaper for me to get insurance on an M5 than some Vauxhalls for some reason.

Really? :O

Can you give specific car models such as which year M5 or which Vauxhall?
Reply 15
Original post by Noble.

Regardless, I was 18 when I got that done last October. An old Clio that's been ragged was quoted £1600 named. Maybe I'll try to punch in the details of an M5 to see what I get.
Reply 16
The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!
Reply 17
Original post by AquaDrops
The post office is good for insurance! I passed my test just over a month ago and to add me onto my mum's insurance was only £180..pretty reasonable I think!

You're lucky lol, they wouldn't give me a quote at all, despite us receiving a letter saying 10% off.
Got a quote of about £210 per month with Aviva, theyre the cheapest ive managed to find so far, would suggest trying them; I was advised to by a friend who found them cheap too but another said they were ridiculously expensive, which isnt too bad considering I dont have any no claims or anything and wont have had my licence for a month.
Thats on a 1.4 Ford Focus too.
You guys so expensive?! :O im 18 and mine is £1600 for a 1.4 golf 3rd party f+t and I am on my mums 2.0 turbo diesel merc which is £1800 fully comp for 9 months. This is with admiral

Quick Reply