The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
I got a cat :biggrin:

Been petting him for about 2 hours, he's so cute :h: Was kind of shy to begin with but then I got him to jump on my lap where he promptly lay down, stretched out and purred while I rubbed his tummy.

Love cats so much, even when you feel like **** they're there to cheer you up.

kitty

Ahh what have you called him , its a shame I'm allergic to cats :smile:
Reply 7201
Went to the zoo today (sometimes my parents get things right).

Fell in love with an otter who carried a small stone with him everywhere he went, juggling it between his paws. :h:

And I'm not being made to eat pasta. Today is a good day. :yy:
Original post by kahinalouise
Ahh what have you called him , its a shame I'm allergic to cats :smile:

No name yet. I want to call him Sergeant Pepper or Fidel Catstro but no one else likes those names. :frown:

Any suggestions would be welcome. :smile:
Original post by sheepstick
im glad to hear that you are stronger and feeling better now, hopefully now that your mum knows she will be there to help you and you can feel like you are able to turn to her without holding anything back, i do find though that although having a good support network at home is important that when it does come to a personnel issue i look to other people and talk to people who are not attached to the situation at all hope you keep on with the strength and i cant say it will be easy but knowing there are people there to cushion your fall if ever again is always a good thing :console::grouphugs:

Awww, thank you so much for your kind words :hugs: :hugs: :heart: xx
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS EVER TAKEN ANY ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTIC

or even a typical one

have you ever experienced painful pins and needles? all over my body, really kinda sort of painful (like the logical conclusion of itching in a way) and intolerable, every "episode" lasts a few minutes but beginning to get it minorly low level all the time-ish as well.

never had before. so assuming it's the meds. but can find little information. if it's a nerve thing i'm assuming it's a brain thing so it would ALL MAKE SENSE.

could it be like hives? or what? it seems to be more of a thing when temperature changes happen. what even is hives? oh help me

edit: i meant shingles. but i have no rash. oh god this isn't GENERAL PROBLEMS SOCIETY nevermind i'll just keep googling.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

Wow VV that's impressive!

Please do take care of them though, you don't want to get an infection in them.
Original post by tweedletallie
Thanks, managed to talk to her without too much trouble although she had to get me to repeat things a lot... nervous habit of talking four times faster than normal, and my normal is twice the speed most people talk anyway, but there was no crying or freak out so it was a success!

I went in expecting to be told I was overreacting or it was mild depression and left with depression and a suspected moderate anxiety disorder. I think I might have scared the poor woman with how shocked I was :colondollar:

She was going to give me citalopram then decided to leave it up to the Depression and Anxiety service who will contact me at some point. I really hope they don't call. Phones are bad. Very bad. Plus if my parents answered I'd have quite a bit of explaining to do...

At least you explained it, even if it was more than once.

I hugely doubt you scared a doctor I am afraid, most medical professionals are rather experienced in the range of human experience :tongue:

Actually, that might well have been a good decision on her part there, these meds are best prescribed by someone with experience.

Are your parents particularly bad with these things? Most parents do find it a shock, some go through 'did we cause this', others like to try and deny it. It might be best to explain it as you're struggling a little, and trying to get on top of it all before it really is a huge problem. Approach it calmly, and they will hopefully will follow your lead.
Original post by Webberino
Aww when is somebody getting back? :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mum was home from work at 5 it wasn't too bad. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by littleshambles
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS EVER TAKEN ANY ATYPICAL ANTIPSYCHOTIC

or even a typical one

have you ever experienced painful pins and needles? all over my body, really kinda sort of painful (like the logical conclusion of itching in a way) and intolerable, every "episode" lasts a few minutes but beginning to get it minorly low level all the time-ish as well.

never had before. so assuming it's the meds. but can find little information. if it's a nerve thing i'm assuming it's a brain thing so it would ALL MAKE SENSE.

could it be like hives? or what? it seems to be more of a thing when temperature changes happen. what even is hives? oh help me

edit: i meant shingles. but i have no rash. oh god this isn't GENERAL PROBLEMS SOCIETY nevermind i'll just keep googling.

Hmm, sounds odd. I've never experienced that in all the antipsychotics I've taken. Nor have I read about it either. Do you have a local medication line you could call and ask about it? You could always call NHS direct instead if you don't have one, the nurses have no idea about antipsychotics ime but they can put you through to a doctor who will know. Sorry I can't be more help.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

High ten! That's awesome, go you!
Was rreally good seeing a lot of you at the london meet, even though I was stupidly nervous! I'm staying up in liverpool with family for a few days as my family wanted a break from looking after me, so I've been sent away. I can only get on here using my phone so won't be able to do it very much. Anyhow I hope people are doing ok:smile:
Original post by sheepstick
x

Original post by dani_88
x

Original post by warp2125
x

thanks all :smile: really appreciate the help!
And they were some good ideas might have to try the money one for next time, guess I hadn't really though of that :smile:
Was helpful thanks warp :smile: just nice to actually be able to say these things, no one IRL knows any of it!

possible ED stuff

Spoiler

Phoenix07

possible ED stuff

Spoiler

:hugs:

At least you went, and ate something, and coped :smile:

Don't be so hard on yourself about it, because if it were that easy for you to just "pull yourself together" then you wouldn't choose to be suffering from this craphole of an illness.
Original post by laut_biru
Wow VV that's impressive!

Please do take care of them though, you don't want to get an infection in them.

That is impressive! Glad you agree!

Yeah yeah, I will :erm:

Original post by bullettheory
High ten! That's awesome, go you!

High ten indeed! Thanks :biggrin:
Reply 7214
Had a very mixed day. First I had an appointment with social services, which was really boring.Once I got home, I went Westfield with my dad and my brother. It was really stressful and tiring :frown:. Now I'm in bed. My brother is now sharing the room with me :mad:. I really want my own room. What 17-year old shares a bedroom? No work touched today :frown:.

The good thing is that I didn't have a nap earlier, but right now in bed I'm sweating a lot for some reason. It's got new covers, and I don't want to mess them up :tongue:.

Tomorrow is Friday, and its probably going to be really boring :frown:
Original post by dani_88
:hugs:

At least you went, and ate something, and coped :smile:

Don't be so hard on yourself about it, because if it were that easy for you to just "pull yourself together" then you wouldn't choose to be suffering from this craphole of an illness.

Thanks :smile: really appreciate the support, just all really gets me down sometimes :hugs:
Blargh. Guessing I won't be sleeping much tonight either :frown:
Original post by dani_88
Blargh. Guessing I won't be sleeping much tonight either :frown:

:console:
Anyone else can't sleep?
Was lovely to meet people on Tuesday, am looking forward to the next meet :smile: I have to say I feel a lot less anonymous on here now though :P

At the moment, I'd like some sort of magical switch which would stop me thinking for enough time to stop crying and get to bed. CBT appointment tomorrow, tempted to just not go because I'm not getting anything out of it at all. I've been trying to stick to things but most things just don't work for me personally.

Latest