The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
Ouch. You'll wear yourself out if you're not careful :|

Well I am full time... Plus I have a Really great wage this week. I'll have enough for a laptop by next week! :smile: It'll slow down now school is back on anyway :smile: Cause it'll be quieter. No 9am starts this week for instance.
Original post by RDavies93
Yes! And yes I do, to my friend in Germany :smile: We always write to each other, It's lovely I think :smile: We skype and email too, but letters are more personal. I do little odoodles and such on them :tongue: I also have a cd to send her with pictures on :smile:

I agree. A handwritten letter is a labour of love. An e-mail is just a form of communication.
A lot of gilrs has hair that doesn't fall out though :') Mine's doing well though tbf to it :smile: I don't have time for this style malarkey. Jeans and trainers all the way. Effort is for special occasions! Haha really? Curly hair is cool. I saw this kid today with a ginger afro. Kind of awesome!

I used to paint, but I prefer drawing. It's more enjoyable and less fiddly :smile:

your hair falls out? :/ hopefully that stops for you :smile: haha, nice, I literally buy new clothes only when needed :tongue: always wear jeans, t-shirt and either smart shoes or trainers ^_^ I have smart clothes if I need them though, they just look meh on me imo :tongue: ginger afro kid sounds epic!!!

exactly! can't even do anything on a PC either, has to be pencil/pen and paper!
Original post by TheMagicRat
I agree. A handwritten letter is a labour of love. An e-mail is just a form of communication.

Exactly. And I do love her, and I enjoy writing letters :h:
Original post by SciFiBoy
your hair falls out? :/ hopefully that stops for you :smile: haha, nice, I literally buy new clothes only when needed :tongue: always wear jeans, t-shirt and either smart shoes or trainers ^_^ I have smart clothes if I need them though, they just look meh on me imo :tongue: ginger afro kid sounds epic!!!

exactly! can't even do anything on a PC either, has to be pencil/pen and paper!

Yeah, not so much now, it's just Way thinner than it used to be, I've got to be careful. It was coming out in handfuls at one point. I was distraught I tell you, but the doc said it won't fall out too much more now my body is adapting to the drug :smile: yeah me too. Like when my clothes get raggedy. With holes in. Then I think "oh should go shopping". Not good :tongue: I do have smart clothes, they just gather dust in the wardrobe most of the time though :')

Me either!
Original post by Drewski
News to me. I wasn't aware of having kids, let alone grandkids...

Well, that's the locals of Heslington and Fulford. You're around them all the time so yeah, they get bored. But I'm outside the city on [almost] the other side so I just brush shoulders with your lot in town in bars... :tongue:

I've only ever been out once on a Friday/Saturday night, which i assume is when all you pesky locals go out :tongue:
Original post by tehFrance
Oh I did not see this... so you knew, aye? :sexface:

It will happen one day :h:

Lolllll my clothes are glued to my body
Yeah, not so much now, it's just Way thinner than it used to be, I've got to be careful. It was coming out in handfuls at one point. I was distraught I tell you, but the doc said it won't fall out too much more now my body is adapting to the drug :smile: yeah me too. Like when my clothes get raggedy. With holes in. Then I think "oh should go shopping". Not good :tongue: I do have smart clothes, they just gather dust in the wardrobe most of the time though :')

Me either!

O.o that sucks, I hope is okay :hugs: yeah, I need new jeans really :redface: mine are all too big actually, lost weight lately cause my appetite has been weird on my new meds and post-op, they keep falling down :/ same, lol, haven't worn my suit in over a year now!

PC drawing is just soo confusing damnit, impossible to make things right!
(edited 11 years ago)
O.o that sucks, I hope is okay :hugs: yeah, I need new jeans really :redface: mine are all too big actually, lost weight lately cause my appetite has been weird on my new meds and post-op, they keep falling down :/ same, lol, haven't worn my suit in over a year now!

Oh it's ok :smile: It's not like it's all gone, you can't Tell I've lost it. I am just aware of it cause it's so much thinner now :smile: At least it's settling! Ahh op :hugs:

Haha I did break out the heels the other day, and the dress. I felt like such a girl :')
Original post by Jaydiee
Lolllll my clothes are glued to my body

How do you shower, change your dirty clothes and get ready for bed if thy are glued to you? :tongue: :colone: :sexface:
Original post by Vamp1reWeekend
I've only ever been out once on a Friday/Saturday night, which i assume is when all you pesky locals go out :tongue:

Pesky?! How rude!:tongue:

Nah, if I go out it could be any night. It's fairly rare that I go out atm, tbf, most of my friends are now away.
Oh it's ok :smile: It's not like it's all gone, you can't Tell I've lost it. I am just aware of it cause it's so much thinner now :smile: At least it's settling! Ahh op :hugs:

Haha I did break out the heels the other day, and the dress. I felt like such a girl :')

that's good :smile: your hair looks great in your facebook pic anyway so hadn't realised! :h: yeah (whole ear thingy), had to see consultant today actually for a check up on my recovery, good news is that is going well, bad news is will need another op in August to confirm is all good and repair bone damage from the first op, plus after that I will definitely need a hearing aid for rest of my life :/ not sure what to think of this though

haha :tongue: you are a girl so you are allowed to dress like one :tongue: I never dress like a girl lol, I even wear rugby tops so very manly :tongue:
that's good :smile: your hair looks great in your facebook pic anyway so hadn't realised! :h: yeah (whole ear thingy), had to see consultant today actually for a check up on my recovery, good news is that is going well, bad news is will need another op in August to confirm is all good and repair bone damage from the first op, plus after that I will definitely need a hearing aid for rest of my life :/ not sure what to think of this though

haha :tongue: you are a girl so you are allowed to dress like one :tongue: I never dress like a girl lol, I even wear rugby tops so very manly :tongue:

Oh! Thankyou :smile: My friend gave me some mousse stuff to buff it out :') Awh darling :hugs: You just have to think of the benefits of it :h: It'll be fine!

This is true. I forget sometimes :tongue: I wear rugby tops too sometimes, does that make me manly? :rolleyes:
Reply 2513
Ive got a headache, but ive got to revise :sad:

Hope everyone’s fine though :h:
Oh! Thankyou :smile: My friend gave me some mousse stuff to buff it out :') Awh darling :hugs: You just have to think of the benefits of it :h: It'll be fine!

This is true. I forget sometimes :tongue: I wear rugby tops too sometimes, does that make me manly? :rolleyes:

no worries, it's truth! :smile: well it looks to have worked :wink: I know, just kinda woah to know that my hearing in my right ear will never naturally recover :/

lol, :tongue: what kind of rugby tops? I doubt it :tongue:

Original post by mia )

aw :hugs: drink some water and take an aspirin, should help with the headache :yes:

I am okay thanks, watching tv again :tongue: plus about to have curry! :biggrin:
Reply 2515
A lot of gilrs has hair that doesn't fall out though :') Mine's doing well though tbf to it :smile: I don't have time for this style malarkey. Jeans and trainers all the way. Effort is for special occasions! Haha really? Curly hair is cool. I saw this kid today with a ginger afro. Kind of awesome!

I used to paint, but I prefer drawing. It's more enjoyable and less fiddly :smile:

One of my friends used to have a ginger afro. Random people would pull on his hair to see if it was real or a wig.
Original post by Psyk
One of my friends used to have a ginger afro. Random people would pull on his hair to see if it was real or a wig.

It's awesome.
Original post by mia )

miaaaaaaaa, no time to revise now. Silly time of night. Time for rest :tongue:
no worries, it's truth! :smile: well it looks to have worked :wink: I know, just kinda woah to know that my hearing in my right ear will never naturally recover :/

lol, :tongue: what kind of rugby tops? I doubt it :tongue:

Thanks :') That's reassuring! It's a big thing to deal with. I understand. ::hugs:

The welsh rugby kind :P Plus i have some for when I did cross-country (horses not on foot) They're good at stopping my arms getting scratched up when I take a nasty fall :smile:
Thanks :') That's reassuring! It's a big thing to deal with. I understand. ::hugs:

The welsh rugby kind :P Plus i have some for when I did cross-country (horses not on foot) They're good at stopping my arms getting scratched up when I take a nasty fall :smile:

yeah, it is, but hopefully things will be okay :/

ew :tongue: I have a Bath rugby shirt :biggrin: ah, yeah it will cause thicker and long sleeves on most of them :smile: hope you didn't have many falls though :hugs: