The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

3 questions about Sheffield Uni

Hoping some current sheffield students can help me with 3 questions before I put it as my insurance

1. What are the sports facilities like? Gym? Pool? Tennis courts? Is membership reasonably priced?
2. What is the Economics course and department like? I applied for geography originally and visited that department, but have since changed to BSc Economics and haven't been able to visit. Any comments here?
3. What is support like for disabled students? Specifically Aspergers?

Thanks if you are able to answer any of those questions!
1. Sports facilities are pretty decent, membership was £75 for 6 months of off-peak this year (entering gym before 4pm) and covered pool and gym.
2. As a geographer I can't really advise on this!
3. No idea... I think we have pretty good student support through the union! Though they're severely down on counselors, my friend had to wait three weeks when she was having anxiety problems.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Chapeau Rouge
1. Sports facilities are pretty decent, membership was £75 for 6 months of off-peak this year (entering gym before 4pm) and covered pool and gym.
2. As a geographer I can't really advise on this!
3. No idea... I think we have pretty good student support through the union! Though they're severely down on counselors, my friend had to wait three weeks when she was having anxiety problems.

ergh!!! I paid £100 *not happy*
That was in freshers week so I think the price was reduced!

Quick Reply

Latest