The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Those going to St Peters Court accommodation

Hi all

I'm applying for accommodation at the university of Nottingham and I'm really sorry but i can't help but notice there are a large number ethnicity's going into St Peters court from replies I've seen on the student room and the on facebook group, is this purely a coincidence?
Reply 1
Pretty sure it is. I mean, it shouldn't matter to anyone anyway but it could just be that they've been more organised and applied quicker. Like I said though, what does it matter?!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Not that it matters at all! Just found it surprising as I thought there would be more of a mix! :smile:
Reply 3
There will be a mix. For some inexplicable reason the majority of those early applicants who are socially involved just happen to be asian. If you want to apply to SPC you shouldn't let that intimidate you (if it has in the slightest).
Reply 4
A contributing factor could be that a slightly higher percentage of international students go to off campus because unlike on campus halls, you don't have to move all of your stuff out over christmas/easter and obviously moving your **** back to the other side of the world is a hell of a lot more annoying than getting your parents to whack it in the car and move it to Bristol or wherever. But as someone who lives here now, whilst there is a decent mix, the strong majority of students are british.
Original post by katiejones1993
Hi all

I'm applying for accommodation at the university of Nottingham and I'm really sorry but i can't help but notice there are a large number ethnicity's going into St Peters court from replies I've seen on the student room and the on facebook group, is this purely a coincidence?

I'm so glad you asked this, I'm also going to be living in St Peters court and when I looked at the Facebook group I noticed only 6 of the 38 had English sounding names. I personally have no problem with this either but I was curious to why this was the case. My only worry is that international students tend to stick together but when i looked a bit further I noticed that most of the people are home students but just of indian descent.
Reply 6
Original post by IcedTea&PotNoodle
I'm so glad you asked this, I'm also going to be living in St Peters court and when I looked at the Facebook group I noticed only 6 of the 38 had English sounding names. I personally have no problem with this either but I was curious to why this was the case. My only worry is that international students tend to stick together but when i looked a bit further I noticed that most of the people are home students but just of indian descent.

Again, and not that it matters as there really isn't a problem with it, for whatever reason those of Asian ethnicity have just applied early and joined the Facebook group. The vast majority will be white British...they most likely haven't been arsed to join any social groups online as of yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Judging from the intake this year, scbond's right in saying that the majority are white british.
Reply 8
Hi, Did everyone applying to St Peter's Court have to fill out an application form to UNITE before they had recieved an accomodation offer?
^^ Yeah. You will then receive your tenancy agreement (with your Block, Flat no. and Room details) and a payment details form by email after.
Reply 10
Original post by SDNY24
Hi, Did everyone applying to St Peter's Court have to fill out an application form to UNITE before they had recieved an accomodation offer?

Not an application form, no, just a tenancy agreement and a couple of other things like a direct debit agreement if you choose to pay that way. If you apply directly with Unite then there's the online form but I would say that's the only difference.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by scbond
Not an application form, no, just a tenancy agreement and a couple of other things like a direct debit agreement if you choose to pay that way. If you apply directly with Unite then there's the online form but I would say that's the only difference.

I got some computer document based form to fill in before I got my offer.
Reply 12
I have put SPC as my first choice, I'm English, hi :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by EN_32
I'm English

Trying to prove a point or something?!
Reply 14
Hi, I was just wondering is it better to pay accomodation in installments or pay the whole sum upfront?
Reply 15
Original post by SDNY24
Hi, I was just wondering is it better to pay accomodation in installments or pay the whole sum upfront?

Hi :smile: Well i'm paying in installments but I guess it depends on what is best for you and your parents. I guess paying upfront you have peace of mind that everything is paid off but then others, like myself, may opt for for installments because it's more convenient.

Oh and just a quick question for everyone.
I was just wondering when people were signing the tenants agreement did they leave the 'Signed for and behalf of the Licensor' blank? The licensor is Unite so I think it's kept blank but then it says 'on behalf' So i'm officially confused!
Original post by jojayne
Hi :smile: Well i'm paying in installments but I guess it depends on what is best for you and your parents. I guess paying upfront you have peace of mind that everything is paid off but then others, like myself, may opt for for installments because it's more convenient.

Oh and just a quick question for everyone.
I was just wondering when people were signing the tenants agreement did they leave the 'Signed for and behalf of the Licensor' blank? The licensor is Unite so I think it's kept blank but then it says 'on behalf' So i'm officially confused!

Yeah I got pretty confused too. You leave it blank.

Yeah I'm paying my fees up front, like you said, peace of mind :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
Yeah I got pretty confused too. You leave it blank.

Yeah I'm paying my fees up front, like you said, peace of mind :smile:

Thanks! especially for replying so quick :smile:
Original post by jojayne
Thanks! especially for replying so quick :smile:

No problem. I've gone through the same application process, just a month earlier lol.
Reply 19
Original post by scbond
Trying to prove a point or something?!

Not at all! o_o Just saying :<

Quick Reply

Latest