The Student Room Group

Gang member Ibrahim Giwa rapes 11 year old- this time at least not pakistani

Ibrahim Giwa a known gang member got a minscule scentence of just 5 years for a rape of an 11 year old in a mcdonalds toilets. Other members if his gang that were involved it is said will serve less than 6 months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139461/Six-months-boy-raped-girl-11-sparks-outrage-16-year-old-thugs-soft-sentence-attack-McDonalds-toilet.html

With many other high profile cases of pakistani muslim gangs raping under age girls does this throw more attention to the muslim community, this time non pakistani (which originally was the focus of blame in those cases) ? And is there an undeniable link to the examples set by authoritative muslims such as the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia or the Ayatollah of Iran that both agree that juvenile girls can be slept with by much older men as allowed in the practice of islam.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What has this got to do with the Muslim community? :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by tazarooni89
What has this got to do with the Muslim community? :s-smilie:

i said it throws attention on the muslim community, immediatley following a string of cases where young muslim men in the north and midlands have been locked up for similar crimes.
Original post by lancelot
i said it throws attention on the muslim community, immediatley following a string of cases where young muslim men in the north and midlands have been locked up for similar crimes.

Well, surely this particular incident would only throw any attention upon the Muslim community if the person was actually a Muslim, and was the product of a Muslim community?
At the moment he's just some random gang member.
(edited 11 years ago)
I cannot believe that the country I live in gives child rapists only five years in prison. The sooner I emigrate out of this ****hole of a country the better.
This sort of stuff happens all the time involving black gangs in London. Most of the time the girls don't report it because they also hate the police.
Original post by Algorithm69
I cannot believe that the country I live in gives child rapists only five years in prison. The sooner I emigrate out of this ****hole of a country the better.

The gang members were 14-15 when the rape occurred so they were children also.
I know it's fairly irrelevant to the topic (which is fairly serious), but you have some damn good looking McDonalds in the UK. This one in particular...

:beard:
Reply 8
Cannot believe this.

What's wrong with these people :/
Reply 9
Well, surely this particular incident would only throw any attention upon the Muslim community if the person was actually a Muslim, and was the product of a Muslim community?
At the moment he's just some random gang member.

not random, apparenlty some gang 'leader' in that part of east ham.
Its pertinanent becuase on threads i read about paksitani males convicted of rape, this issue of 'pakistani culture' was intoriduced to deflect the issue of them being muslim. This case , it seems invloved no pakistanis,
Reply 10
Original post by Brutal Honesty
This sort of stuff happens all the time involving black gangs in London. Most of the time the girls don't report it because they also hate the police.

Its one of the few cases I think the police have an honest role in.

Its a shame that the courts, do not.
not random, apparenlty some gang 'leader' in that part of east ham.
Its pertinanent becuase on threads i read about paksitani males convicted of rape, this issue of 'pakistani culture' was intoriduced to deflect the issue of them being muslim. This case , it seems invloved no pakistanis,

Millions of rape cases involve no Pakistanis. So what?
I'm sure most of us already knew that rape isn't something specific to Pakistanis.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by prog2djent
Its one of the few cases I think the police have an honest role in.

Its a shame that the courts, do not.

A lot of girls who hang around these gangs (or live in the same estates) think of it as 'normal'.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/feb/18/being-raped-by-gang-normal
Reply 13
Millions of rape cases involve no Pakistanis. What's so special about this one?

'Millions' :confused:
'Millions' :confused:

I'm not sure what you're confused about. Were you under the impression that Pakistanis are the only people who rape, or something? :s-smilie:
Yes, in this particular case, the rapist is not Pakistani, but looks more like an African. So?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 15
I'm not sure what you're confused about. Were you under the impression that Pakistanis are the only people who rape, or something? :s-smilie:

it was the impression given by the muslims on those threads about "muslim rape gangs!!!" - that 'culturally, pakistanis were a bit rapey' as some sort of explanation to those cases - ie in defferance to the fact that they were actually muslims also.
this case doesnt feature any pakistanis , as far as i know.
it was the impression given by the muslims on those threads about "muslim rape gangs!!!" - that 'culturally, pakistanis were a bit rapey' as some sort of explanation to those cases - ie in defferance to the fact that they were actually muslims also.

So how can you assume that he is Muslim?:confused:
Ibrahim Giwa a known gang member got a minscule scentence of just 5 years for a rape of an 11 year old in a mcdonalds toilets. Other members if his gang that were invloved it is said will serve less than 6 months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139461/Six-months-boy-raped-girl-11-sparks-outrage-16-year-old-thugs-soft-sentence-attack-McDonalds-toilet.html

WIth many other high profile cases of paksitani muslim gangs raping under age girls, does this throw more attention to the muslim community, this time non pakistani ?

here you go, a christian/atheist rape gang!

SIX young footballers were behind bars last night after admitting raping two 12-year-old girls in a park.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/235251/Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape

I doubt anyone on those threads were trying to tell you that Pakistanis are the only people who rape though (I'd assume what they meant is that, the fact that they raped is not a result of being Muslim).
I just don't see what you've proven by finding a non-Pakistani rapist. Everyone already knows that not all rapists are Pakistani :s-smilie:
Reply 19
Original post by King-Panther
here you go, a christian/atheist rape gang!

SIX young footballers were behind bars last night after admitting raping two 12-year-old girls in a park.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/235251/Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape-Football-players-locked-up-for-rape

Actually it wasnt 'last night' the case was reported over a year ago.

But if you want to create a thread for that topic you can, however there are more than 20 times more christians/atheists in this country than muslims are there not, so your theory can somewhat be expected in numerical terms
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest