The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Aysha92
Hello,
Thanks for all this info - been really useful.
Are you in your third year now? How have you been finding the course and the country? Are you enjoying it there?
With regards to accommodation, is it hard to find a flat in Msida near the uni? Are there agencies that advertise them or how do you go abouts finding one? Also, are they individual flats or shared with other students?
I heard that there is also a uni bus which goes round collecting students from their flats - is this true or do we have to get our own transport?
Do you know how hard it is to come back to the UK after graduating?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your help.

For your last question, since it's an MD course which is the American system it'll be very hard to get residency in the UK.
Reply 61
Hello,

Iv read through this thread but im still a bit confused.

Im a graduate student, so i gather I dont need a language or humanity subject.

But is there an extrance exam?

Thanks!!

Emily
Reply 62
hello little cheekies.

I applied 2nd april.
I have a 2.2 in biomed and A-levels BBB bio/chem/maths and AS level German B
Received a letter a few days ago saying i had been accepted for oct 2012.

2 friends of mine have to sit the bio and chem exams next weds (23rd may)
they have same degree as me, but Alevels ABC and BBC (Cs in chem) - so inferring that A levels quite important in terms of selection process. They also did not have the Language humanities.. Im gonna go next week with my mates to ask the admissions office some questions in person (And have a cheeky holiday - standard).

Interviews on the 27th june for people that pass the exam.

Hope this helps anyone thats confused like i was/am!

Now, any current students have a course topics/structure for the 1st year? or all 5 lol? have been working for the past year and need to wake my brain from its slumber.. just joined this site so if private messaging is an option it would be much appreciated.

Good luck.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
Original post by mz89
hello little cheekies.

I applied 2nd april.
I have a 2.2 in biomed and A-levels BBB bio/chem/maths and AS level German B
Received a letter a few days ago saying i had been accepted for oct 2012.
can.not.wait.

2 friends of mine have to sit the bio and chem exams next weds (23rd may)
they have same degree as me, but Alevels ABC and BBC (Cs in chem) - so inferring that A levels quite important in terms of selection process. They also did not have the Language humanities.. Im gonna go next week with my mates to ask the admissions office some questions in person (And have a cheeky holiday - standard).

Interviews on the 27th june for people that pass the exam.

Hope this helps anyone thats confused likei was/am!

Now, any current students have a course topics/structure for the 1st year? or all 5 lol? have been working for the past year and need to wake my brain from its slumber.. just joined this site so if private messaging is an option it would be much appreciated.

Thanks and good luck.

Hi,
Well done on being accepted.
Do you know any one who is an undergraduate who has been also been accepted?
Thanks and well done again
Reply 64
Original post by Emily88
Hello,

Iv read through this thread but im still a bit confused.

Im a graduate student, so i gather I dont need a language or humanity subject.

But is there an extrance exam?

Thanks!!

Emily

You won't need the language or humanities, but not sure about the exam. Some people have been asked to do it and others not. Confusing! But if you haven't heard by now, I don't think you will need to sit it.
Good luck
I was asked to scan and send a copy of GCSE certificates and AS levels. They thanked me for sending them and said they would get back in touch soon.
That was a few weeks ago now, and haven't heard anything

I'm an undergraduate studying biology, chemistry and English. Was told I didn't have to sit the enterance exam, but I don't know what the interview process is, would anybody care to fill me in, it would be much appreciated
hi everyone,

I've been following the thread and shared the same confusion!

I am a graduate too and applied in feb. I've also been accepted and glad to hear that there will be other students coming too!

I had Abbb at A-level in bio/chem/maths and art. They didn't ask me to do the exam. my degree was in medical engineering, so not sure what they are looking for really.

I'll be visiting malta in june for a pre-visit/ mini hols too. thought it wud be a good idea to visit malta first before committing 5 years of my life there lol
Reply 67
Hello, can someone assist me in query. I have applied for Medicine at Malta and my application is pending, they contacted me on Wednesday (16th) requesting me to attend a pre-entrance exam on (Wednesday 23rd). I'm about to complete a BSc in Medical Physiology.(June 2012)

Firstly I don't understand why I have been called out despite nearly finishing a BSc.

Secondly, has anyone here taken this exam? What is it like? What is the pass mark? What should I revise? I'm highly nervous ....

Finally, Anyone here taking this exam on the 23rd?

many thanks
Reply 68
Original post by Abbieastoria
I was asked to scan and send a copy of GCSE certificates and AS levels. They thanked me for sending them and said they would get back in touch soon.
That was a few weeks ago now, and haven't heard anything

I'm an undergraduate studying biology, chemistry and English. Was told I didn't have to sit the enterance exam, but I don't know what the interview process is, would anybody care to fill me in, it would be much appreciated

Hi
Have they not asked you to do a humanities subject? Hopefully you'll hear good news soon.
Original post by Aysha92
Hi
Have they not asked you to do a humanities subject? Hopefully you'll hear good news soon.

Yes, I have had a conversation with admissions before I applied and explained that I have an AS in history at grade B and they said it was fine for me to apply. She said I don't need to sit te English test and I don't need to sit enterance exam as I'm predicted an A in biology and B in chem

They never explained interview process
Reply 70
By English test, you mean your A-level exam or english test for entrance to the uni?

There won't be an interview for you as you are applying as a local applicant with A-levels. Only those who sit and pass the entrance exam attend an interview. One less thing for us to worry about!
Original post by Aysha92
By English test, you mean your A-level exam or english test for entrance to the uni?

There won't be an interview for you as you are applying as a local applicant with A-levels. Only those who sit and pass the entrance exam attend an interview. One less thing for us to worry about!

Yea apparently there's an English enterance test, but you don't have to do it if youre fluent in English. So we don't have an interview?! So how do they decide if they want us or not? And do you know when by?
Reply 72
Yea apparently there's an English enterance test, but you don't have to do it if youre fluent in English. So we don't have an interview?! So how do they decide if they want us or not? And do you know when by?

Oh... I've not heard iof this english entrance exam. I only heard of the bio and chem exam that's next week.
Well apparently they take everyone who meets their A-level criteria. So if you get BBB in the summer, you're in.
I don't know when we hear back but the wait is annoying :frown:

I saw on another thread that you have an offer from Keele. Are you applying to Malta as a back up or would you still go there after getting the grades?
Original post by Aysha92
Oh... I've not heard iof this english entrance exam. I only heard of the bio and chem exam that's next week.
Well apparently they take everyone who meets their A-level criteria. So if you get BBB in the summer, you're in.
I don't know when we hear back but the wait is annoying :frown:

I saw on another thread that you have an offer from Keele. Are you applying to Malta as a back up or would you still go there after getting the grades?

Yes, I have an offer for AAA from keele but there's no way on earth I'm going to get an A in chemistry. I would cut my limbs off to be a doctor do I'm just doing everything I can I get in. If I got 3As I don't know what I would do, as there is almost no chance of that happening I pretty much have my heart set on Malta.

So basically if you apply to Malta with the right subjects you automatically get a conditional? I just want to hear something from them!
Reply 74
Hey, don't think like that. Put as much effort as you can into your chemistry and hopefully you will get it. If you don't then you will have Malta as a back up, but I hope you will get that A.

That's what I understood from the admissions people, but as of yet we haven't got those conditional offers, which is confusing.
It is a bit, well can only hope and pray, hope everyone gets in, do you have a place at a UK uni?
Reply 76
It is a bit, well can only hope and pray, hope everyone gets in, do you have a place at a UK uni?

Nope, missed my offers from last year by 3 UMS marks in chemistry. Retook the chemistry in January and got the A I needed but no offers this time round.
I should have thought a bit more like you and looked into going abroad last year and so wouldn't have to have had this gap year. Oh well... hopefully things will work out for the best
Once you're a doctor none of that will matter and you'll probably be glad that you had a year break. I just want this to actually happen, it would be amazing!
Reply 78
Has anyone got an offer from the university who doesn't do a humanities subject?
I have a language and two science subjects but apparently general studies doesn't come under humanities :frown: Do you think I should send an application off anyway?
Thanks
Has anyone received a reply of interview or rejection after their entrance exams in biology and chemistry last week, or does anyone know when we will get the results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending