The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Certificate of Academic Qualifications for IB students

I just received an email from the university notifying me that I haven't submitted any certificate of academic qualifications. I'm an IB student and therefore I don't have any certificate like that until the 6th of July when my results are given, and that's well beyond the deadline of 25th of June by which the university wants it. :confused:
I'd love to know what other IBers have been sending as a certificate to the uni? Surely not the mock report card?
Actually I found a page on the university's site which vaguely dealt with this problem but I can't seem to find it anymore!! Anyway, first-hand experience, anybody? Thanks :redface:
Original post by SilverSun
I just received an email from the university notifying me that I haven't submitted any certificate of academic qualifications. I'm an IB student and therefore I don't have any certificate like that until the 6th of July when my results are given, and that's well beyond the deadline of 25th of June by which the university wants it. :confused:
I'd love to know what other IBers have been sending as a certificate to the uni? Surely not the mock report card?
Actually I found a page on the university's site which vaguely dealt with this problem but I can't seem to find it anymore!! Anyway, first-hand experience, anybody? Thanks :redface:

They want certificates for qualifications you've already finished.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
So the one from secondary school? And technically, I've already finished the IB :biggrin:
But thanks!! I'll try anything, seeing that the university is too busy to answer my emails :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
They want certificates for qualifications you've already finished.

Oh and plus I don't think I even mentioned my primary and secondary schools in the UCAS application? :s-smilie:
So the one from secondary school? And technically, I've already finished the IB :biggrin:
But thanks!! I'll try anything, seeing that the university is too busy to answer my emails :wink:

Yeah, for example - if you were in Scotland and were currently sitting your Highers, you'd already have certificates for your Standard Grade exams which you took the year before. If you were doing A levels then you would already have GCSE and AS level certificates which you could send. There must be something on your UCAS form which leads Edinburgh to think that you already have other qualifications that are lower than the IB so they want to see those certificates too. Then once you have your IB results you can let them know those.

You should have mentioned your secondary school on UCAS as you have to mention every school you've attended from the age of 11 and include all of the qualifications you studied at these institutions.
Reply 5
Alright thanks :smile: I suppose I can send secondary school certificates although I never mentioned it in UCAS?
Reply 6
Original post by oxymoronic

You should have mentioned your secondary school on UCAS as you have to mention every school you've attended from the age of 11 and include all of the qualifications you studied at these institutions.

Oh and I don't mean to harp on it, but this is what the UCAS application said: Please state the highest level of qualification you expect to have before you start your course.

So I assumed it was safe to ditch my secondary and primary school.
Anyway thanks for your help. I'll try to send them something :smile:
Reply 7

Hey,
I'm doing IB and I didn't get an e-mail like that.

My school automatically sends out a high school transcript, so maybe they want something like that?
Reply 8
Original post by MiriamG
Hey,
I'm doing IB and I didn't get an e-mail like that.

My school automatically sends out a high school transcript, so maybe they want something like that?

Really? Why are they haunting me :biggrin:
Yes my school will send my results in too. I just hope it's enough. I'm calling them now just to make sure :smile:

Quick Reply