The Student Room Group

Losing your results slip...

I sat a GCSE exam in January and received my result for the exam in March on a piece of paper which had my candidate number, centre number, grade etc. However, now, I think I have lost it as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Will this be an issue?
Reply 1
Original post by bobbricks
I sat a GCSE exam in January and received my result for the exam in March on a piece of paper which had my candidate number, centre number, grade etc. However, now, I think I have lost it as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. Will this be an issue?

No

Ask your exams officer to print it off again
Reply 2
Original post by TenOfThem
No

Ask your exams officer to print it off again

Does it matter if I still have it with me or not? Because I've heard that they give you "exam certificates" at the end of year 11 which contain all your exam grades.
Reply 3
Does it matter if I still have it with me or not? Because I've heard that they give you "exam certificates" at the end of year 11 which contain all your exam grades.

Depends what you may need it for

Will 6th form need to see it, or college, or your employer

If not then ... the certificates will come in Nov/Dec
Reply 4
I wouldn't worry about it. I never even got results slips for a couple of exams that I have done. As long you don't lose exam certificates, it'll be fine.
Reply 5
If you keep results slips safe from now on, it will become a good habit for AS-Levels. UMS scores become much more important, and these are not displayed on certificates.
Reply 6
Original post by TenOfThem
Depends what you may need it for

Will 6th form need to see it, or college, or your employer

If not then ... the certificates will come in Nov/Dec

Do you think the college would ask for it if you won't be taking that subject for AS level?

BTW, I'm in year 10 :smile:
Reply 7
Do you think the college would ask for it if you won't be taking that subject for AS level?

They will normally want evidence of all your results

Seriously, it was just a print off from your school SIMS system ... they will print another
Reply 8

If you're in year 10 then you can wait for the certificates as you'll get them this November/December, just make sure you don't lose them as well as I'm not sure if they can be replaced and if they can there'll most likely be a charge for it.

Edit: Also most colleges ask to see the results slip or certificates for all your subjects, even if you're not taking them at the college. However they won't ask to see them until you enrol after your year 11 results day.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
They don't care about that paper. I got about 6 in year 10 and all that matters is your actual GCSE certificates you get at the end of year 11.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by StacFace
If you're in year 10 then you can wait for the certificates as you'll get them this November/December, just make sure you don't lose them as well as I'm not sure if they can be replaced and if they can there'll most likely be a charge for it.

Edit: Also most colleges ask to see the results slip or certificates for all your subjects, even if you're not taking them at the college. However they won't ask to see them until you enrol after your year 11 results day.

So you receive GCSE certificates both in early year 11 (for the exams sat in Year 10) and after results day in year 11?
Reply 11
Original post by BP_Tranquility
So you receive GCSE certificates both in early year 11 (for the exams sat in Year 10) and after results day in year 11?

I never got any certificates at any time, apart from my Alan award ones. Only the ones I'm getting at year 11 results :L

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 12
Original post by BP_Tranquility

You get them the November following the results day regardless of which year group you are in. You could do a GCSE in year 8 and you'd get the certificate at the start of year 9 because the exam boards send all of them out to the schools in November time. You'll probably be told to go collect them from reception when they arrive at the school or have them handed out in form/registration.
Reply 13
Original post by StacFace
You get them the November following the results day regardless of which year group you are in. You could do a GCSE in year 8 and you'd get the certificate at the start of year 9 because the exam boards send all of them out to the schools in November time. You'll probably be told to go collect them from reception when they arrive at the school or have them handed out in form/registration.

Are GCSE certificates for the January exams also sent out (or only the ones for the exams sat in May/ June? i.e. if I sat an unit/ modular exam in January 2012 (when I'm in year 10), would I get the certificate in November 2012 (when I'm in year 11) or earlier?

Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions :redface:
Reply 14
Are GCSE certificates for the January exams also sent out (or only the ones for the exams sat in May/ June? i.e. if I sat an unit/ modular exam in January 2012 (when I'm in year 10), would I get the certificate in November 2012 (when I'm in year 11) or earlier?

Sorry, if I'm asking too many questions :redface:

You don't get certificates for every unit, you get them when you complete a qualification. Eg when I was at school RE could be done as a short course (1 year) or full GCSE (2 years) so you'd get a short course certificate after year 10 and a full GCSE certificate after year 11. For subjects without this option you'd just get a certificate once you've done all the units. I imagine if you finished a GCSE/short course in January that you would get the certificate in May/June but I didn't complete any qualifications in January of either year so I can't say.
I didnt even receive slips for all the exam modules that I have sat - as long as you can go to school and they can find out for you it should be fine - just don't lose the certificates! That will be incredibly hard, and quite expensive to replace those! :smile:

This was posted from TheLightbulbKid - voicing an opinion and attempting to give advice :smile: on the iPad/iPod app

Quick Reply

Latest