The Student Room Group

Universities with the best nightlife

I know, I know, this shouldn't be a factor in choosing a Uni. But so far I've chosen 4 uni's I want to go to, and should they fall through I'd like a couple more in great citys with a good atmosphere//nightlife etc. If I'm going to spend 3 or 4 years there, it might as well be a good experience!

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well which universities have you already chosen?
Reply 2
newcastle. its literally right in the middle of the city centre and has brilliant night life and erm day life.
Reply 3
liverpool
Reply 4
Well, from just browsing over prospectuses the ones I have liked so far are Bristol (ideally i'd love to go here, but i doubt they'll accept me.)
London Met
Goldsmiths college london
Newcastle uni (I like newcastle a lot)
UEA (really like the course they offer)
Manchester uni

No idea how these rank up, other than bristol. This is just from reading forums, and looking at the prospectuses.
Reply 5
I really think that having a good night out is more about who your with than where you are.
hailz202
liverpool

Oh yes! Liverpool all the way! It has amazing and diverse nightlife!
Reply 7
Yeah I'm at Liverpool and there is a pretty amazing nightlife to be had here. The Union stuff is good but there's some really cool places in the city, currently loving Heebiejeebies, Alma de Cuba and Jaxx at the moment! Bumper on Hardman Street is AMAZING. I love it.

Omg there's so many places - I love the new Revolution opposite Alma and Camel Club off Concert Square..jst to name a few!
RR
currently loving Heebiejeebies
How AMAZING is Heebiejeebies :biggrin: - last time I went they were playing 'Going Underground' by the Jam and I found it funny, cause it's underground heh. BUT Bumper is even better, I love the design of the place, it's always absolutely packed though.
Been in Bar Hannah? I think that's quite sweet and all :smile:

Aside from that: Liverpool is amazing in terms of nightlift but so is Manchester.
I'm from near Liverpool and would recommend it to anyone & I'm in University in Manchester and absolutely everybody seems to love their experience here, because of the size of the student population there's something to do every night (if you're so inclined) and its massive!!!!
Reply 9
Spent a fair few nights with mates in Liverpool - really, really good. Would thoroughly recommend it.
UEA/Norwich has the best nightlife in east anglia, and its a nice city. Not a massive city like leeds/london/manchester, but is a city.
Reply 11
Big cities are the way to go, if you want nightlife.
Newcastle
Reply 13
Conure
I know, I know, this shouldn't be a factor in choosing a Uni. But so far I've chosen 4 uni's I want to go to, and should they fall through I'd like a couple more in great citys with a good atmosphere//nightlife etc. If I'm going to spend 3 or 4 years there, it might as well be a good experience!

Thanks.

What are you talking about of course it should!
Wrangler
Spent a fair few nights with mates in Liverpool - really, really good. Would thoroughly recommend it.

..and liverpool is cheap which is a major plus. Manchester is meant to have a pretty awesome nightlife. Avoid places like York, Durham, Exeter...
Reply 15
LONDON..... but its a bit expensive......
a bit? heh. Any big city really. Then again some great campuses will also have great nightlife even if in a town...
Conure

Thanks.

Nah, Id say nightlife its allowed to be condered. Where you live certainly is, and that very much linked. :smile:
Reply 18
You'll probably love the night life where ever you go.

But just big cities like, Leed, Liverpool && Manchester. Aswelll as Brighton, it has a really gd reputation for it's night life.
Reply 19
discombobulation
How AMAZING is Heebiejeebies :biggrin: - last time I went they were playing 'Going Underground' by the Jam and I found it funny, cause it's underground heh. BUT Bumper is even better, I love the design of the place, it's always absolutely packed though.
Been in Bar Hannah? I think that's quite sweet and all :smile:

Aside from that: Liverpool is amazing in terms of nightlift but so is Manchester.
I'm from near Liverpool and would recommend it to anyone & I'm in University in Manchester and absolutely everybody seems to love their experience here, because of the size of the student population there's something to do every night (if you're so inclined) and its massive!!!!

YES! I love Hannah's. We go in there for pre-drinks before Jaxx/Bumper.

Quick Reply