The Student Room Group

The "rubbish bands who are really big" thread

Scroll to see replies

the artic monkeys!!
louisedotcom

- Iron Maiden, bucket of arse just about sums them up.

Lol... you obviously havent listened to them then :rolleyes:

Theyre an amazing band ^^
Reply 42
U2 - The most overrated band in the world imo
Franz ferdinand - LOL i dunno they're just nothing

I wouldn't say bloc party are overrated, they sell out because sooo many people love them, thats not their fault isit? :wink:
Kaiser Chiefs :motz:
Reply 44
Bloc Party, The Feeling, The Hoosiers, Hard Fi... etc

And any "indie" bands that spoil the meaning of indie. Gah.
millicent
Me too.
I just try to seperate his moronic behaviour from his music. Not including Babyshambles.

I do drugs and get very little sleep.
I shag a stickwoman.
I'm adored ... woo.

BLEH! But then I like some up and coming bands like YouMeAtSix although I don't know how new they are.
biggie_wiggie
Ok here a thread for slagging of rubbish bands who loads of people like for some reason.

I really hate foo fighters.
one of their biggest songs is hero... why does a grown man sing 'there goes my hero, he's ordinary?' did he think this while walking down the street?
What does he do at gigs - have a panic attack? omg theres thousands...
Also their name, what exactly are they fighting???

ok add any band you want doesnt matter if theyre big or not its fine. Stick up for bands also - i think most people ike the foos...

OK me and you gotta have words :p:

Foo Fighters are awesome. My Hero is an Awesome song. And that line is awesome as it shows how Dave Grohl's hero is an everyday hero, somebody that is not perceived as a hero in the typical sense.

His concerts are awesome as the band show pure rocking emotion during songs.

The name is awesome because Foo Fighters were WW2 bomber planes.

Foo Fighters = Pure unadulterated Rock
The Killers (if only for that tit of a frontman).

So agree with you there, they would be much better without him, and those ridiculous clothes he wears.

Cant believe someone added Fratellis though they're great, although chelsea dagger gets played far too much.
Reply 48
Miroslava
I think Muse are massively overrated (they have a couple of verging on half-decent songs) but I really dislike Matthew Bellamy. I'm sorry, I have not seen any footage of this bloke that makes me not want to throw bricks at him.

Razorlight are laughable.

Arctic Monkeys. The Killers (if only for that tit of a frontman). Queen. Coldplay.
I cannot agree with any of that, except that the Arctic Monkeys are a pile of steaming faeces.
Reply 49
Arctic Monkeys
Razorlight
The Kooks
Kasabian
Hoosiers/Scouting for Girls/The Feeling...all those identikit bands
Bloc Party
er who else...Kaiser Chiefs
Coldplay
Jimi Hendrix
The Beatles
Metallica

oh yeah and Libertines/Babyshambles/Pete Doherty in general obviously
Jangrafess
Have The Hoosiers done anything of any quality, other than Worried about Ray and Goodbye Mr. A? Which are only semi-decent anyway.

Cops and Robbers, and Killer. Best songs on their album, methinks.

You're right though, Worried About Ray and Goodbye Mr A are only half decent, the rest of their album is a lot better.

Except for Run Rabbit Run. I hate that song.
biggie_wiggie
So agree with you there, they would be much better without him, and those ridiculous clothes he wears.

Cant believe someone added Fratellis though they're great, although chelsea dagger gets played far too much.

:suith: him. he gives them bit of flavour.
Reply 52
Really, really don't like Franz Ferdinand, The Killers or the Kaiser Chiefs. I'm not a fan of Pete Doherty, but thats more because of his lifestyle than his music.
What does it actually mean to be overated? Often bands like arctic monkeys are just a victim of hype created by NME Radio 1 etc and are actually good bands. Bands that are **** musicly but enjoy commercial success is often just because of their overly marketed music. Coldplay Nickleback U2 Franz Ferdinand Kiaser Chiefs are good examples I agree.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
Cops and Robbers, and Killer. Best songs on their album, methinks.

You're right though, Worried About Ray and Goodbye Mr A are only half decent, the rest of their album is a lot better.

Except for Run Rabbit Run. I hate that song.

Hmh. I'll have to listen to them again then.
Coldplay is the first that springs to mind. ALL of their songs sound the same!!
Reply 56
Foo Fighters..... please go away now, we've suffered you long enough!

Scouting for girls
Libertines
My Chemical Romance
The Killers

And I hate to say it but Panic at the Disco (minus the !)
Jangrafess
Hmh. I'll have to listen to them again then.

Don't shoot me if you disagree! :ninja:
Reply 58
The Kooks.
Reply 59
I love most of the bands people have posted on here haha! :redface: Anyway, probably MCR or something.

Quick Reply

Latest