The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
See this is the problem with the whole "Omg shes soo fat"... your using celebs as examples... they have personal trainers and special frickin diets... normal girls don't have that....nor should they either... the amount of hassle these women have to go thru to stay perfect in the public eye..

I dont see a thread saying "Girls what do you think is fat and minging for a guy? with pics of David Beckham and other sporty type guys...
Reply 2
Doodles89

I dont see a thread saying "Girls what do you think is fat and minging for a guy? with pics of David Beckham and other sporty type guys...

There has been one :p: use the search engine.
Reply 3
Good!, it would only take a few young girls to look at this thread see these pictures and think "Omg.. i'm completely fat cos i don't have a body like her"...

Its stupid... no wonder we have all these body hang ups/eating disorders when we're comparing ourselves to celebs with personal trainers who live on ridiculous diets!
jj.
Curvy:

Chubby (nearly fat):

I liked the last one as much as the others to be honest! There is a fine line though.
Reply 5
gingergooner
I liked the last one probably better than the others to be honest! There is a fine line though.

gotta be kiddin me
darthk
gotta be kiddin me

I changed my mind when I looked again. Shes still hot though the angle's wrong and her boobs don't back up her hips.
jj.
Curvy:

Chubby (nearly fat):

i'd happily **** all of these..none of them are chubby or curvy,just perfect :coma:
Reply 10
Curvy - Holly Willoughby
Fat - Mercedes from Glee
Reply 12
Nick_000
Curvy - Holly Willoughby

:coma:
Reply 13

That's a rather sweeping statement. Although I do agree with you in relation to those two women.
Reply 14
I got negged for this thread?
"We have enough of these threads already. They are annoying and they don't help people. So why create another one?"
They help me I am actually doing it for research on peoples distorted views of what is fat. I am hoping this article with help others actually.
Reply 16

I agree she is not curvy..not even sort of.. that curve you see below her boobs is her hip bone.. thats not a curve..
Reply 17
Urgh I hate those stupid Daily Mail articles on 'real women' and 'how this dress would look on a real woman'...

...everyone woman is different, just because someone is a size 6 with small boobs and hips, doesn't make her any less of a woman...grrrr.
Reply 18
Xcorsx nailed it pretty much, you cant base curvy and fat on dress sizes ect because those pretty much vary from individual to individual based on how tall they are,exercise,diet,genetics ect

Someone may be the exact same height and weight as someone else and still look completely different due to how and where they carry their weight.

Traditionally the whole 3 digits(eg 34-24-36) have been a very good association of how curvy someone is, the greater the disparity between the waist size and bust/hip size the more curvacious they are.

I know girls who weigh less than 50kg who I would consider curvy, I know girls who weigh more than 70kg who I would consider curvy, I also know girls who weigh 55kg who I would consider fat, depends entirely on the individual.
Reply 19
pina.Love
I got negged for this thread?
"We have enough of these threads already. They are annoying and they don't help people. So why create another one?"
They help me I am actually doing it for research on peoples distorted views of what is fat. I am hoping this article with help others actually.

How?

we only gauge 'fat' as a relative measure