The Student Room Group

Anthropology A-level

It's new next year, but where can I learn more about it and particularly where to take it?

Scroll to see replies

I would have taken that
Reply 2
What is it?

Wasn't available when I did my A-Levels.
I was trying to find a college who are going to offer this
Reply 5
Having watched Bones, that would now appeal to me to :wink:
Schleigg

The amount of people who have told me they've always wanted to study Anthropology after watching Bones just amazes me.

Anthropology Alevel does not mean you will be looking at decomposed bodies to solve a crime.
Reply 7
Yeah, I'm more interested in Cultural/Social Anthropology anyway :smile:
Reply 8

Thanks, but I'm still having a lot of trouble finding anywhere that does it.
Reply 9
Deceiver
Thanks, but I'm still having a lot of trouble finding anywhere that does it.

Sorry, can't help with that. :h:
Wherabouts do you live?

Edit: I think your best bet would be big (FE) colleges, that offer almost all subjects. Also, maybe school and college websites aren't updated yet. I would check if a college offers Archeology, and then email them to ask if they will offer / plan to offer Anthropology.
Reply 10
llys
Sorry, can't help with that. :h:
Wherabouts do you live?

Newbury, about 25 mins West of Reading
Thanks for the help! :smile:
Reply 11
Deceiver
Yeah, I'm more interested in Cultural/Social Anthropology anyway :smile:

I'm all for biological/forensic anthropology me :yes:
^^ I was going to study Forensic Anthro but it's so hard to get a job I just can't be bothered to work for a phd and not be able to find a job
I know this post is slightly out of date but just to say that Grantham College, Lincolnshire is offering the new A-Level Anthropology Sept. 2010
Anthropology is a new subject at AS and A-level. At A2, the specification gives students the opportunity to explore issues in a global as well as local context, and also to apply their knowledge and understanding of anthropological principles to a small-scale investigation on an anthropological topic of their choice.:yes:
Reply 15
any good books for this course?
Reply 16
This course is available at Cirencester College in Gloucestershire.
Reply 17
Original post by Schleigg

Same! I love Bones! :biggrin: new episode tomorrow but i'm going to miss it :mad: is their a Bones society on here? :confused: cause that would be awesome!
Reply 18
I was also thinking of taking up this subject. but I can't seem to find anywhere to get textbooks. does anyone know what textbooks I should get and where from? and also where I might be able to get tutors to learn this subject and a place to take the paper?
Reply 19
There aren't any textbooks yet.

Quick Reply

Latest