The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darkblue
Have people been doing last years maggot maze as a mock?

We just went through the questions in class - i.e. like a normal lesson, rather than a mock.

I think we're having something else as a mock after half term :s-smilie:
Reply 21
hi guys. i was wondering which book is the best for preperation for empas? a2 or as as i am resitting my one last year too. thanks :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Jorgeyy
60/60 UMS because I prepared for it :biggrin:

Which is what this thread is trying to achieve aha.

It doesn't count towards the A* though, right?

I'm tempted to buy that little purple book thing that's for the EMPA, you know the one I am on about? I have the unit 4 and 5 ones :smile:

hi. 60/60 is AMAZING!! i was wondering how did you prepare? if you used a book which one? thanks :smile:
Why do some teachers choose to do ISA and others do EMPA :s-smilie: whats the difference ,and which one is better ,or easier to score marks in ??
Original post by Whatever9999

Why do some teachers choose to do ISA and others do EMPA :s-smilie: whats the difference ,and which one is better ,or easier to score marks in ??

ISA is internally marked, EMPA is externally marked.
do you think it would be a good idea to revise unit 5 stuff as well for this empa?? ://

i hope its on unit 4 though since its still kind of etched in the back of my head

We were told EMPA is easier to score marks in :smile:

The advantage of ISA is that the teachers know roughly how well you've done before results day.
Reply 27
so how is everyone revising at the moment? :smile:
Does anyone know where to obtain last years empa so i can revise it?

links would be appreciated
Reply 29
Original post by lucy1234
so how is everyone revising at the moment? :smile:

I'll probably go into Task 1 without much prep :biggrin:
Why
Reply 31
Task 1 is fairly straight forward, and you can spend time for 2 and 3 after 1 has given you a decent idea of what to expect
Reply 32
Original post by Jorgeyy

I'm tempted to buy that little purple book thing that's for the EMPA, you know the one I am on about? I have the unit 4 and 5 ones :smile:

what book did you use??
Who got markscheme for june 2011 empa??
Yooooooo
Reply 35
Original post by Jorgeyy

Wow :eek: can you give some advise to us failures :wink:. I would really appreciate any help. :smile: Thanks
All the best for A2
Reply 37
The a-level biology EMPAs are pretty soon so I was wondering if anyone had any resources to share, such as a guide to standard deviation.
If anyone has any biology EMPA/ISA resources, could they please share, thanks!
Reply 38
Hey. I will do when I hear something :biggrin: do you do biology and chemistry?
Reply 39
Original post by aa_6
Hey. I will do when I hear something :biggrin: do you do biology and chemistry?

No, I only take bio, thanks