The Student Room Group

English Literature Exam 24th May 2012

okay so this exam is 2 weeks today and we are free to discuss it :biggrin: so i was wondering what topics in this exam are you doing for this exam ? :-) .... i am doing ' Lord of the flies ' and 'Blood brothers'.... is anyone else doing either of these :-)

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this exam too, really nervous about it!
Reply 2
Original post by CharlotteBrown

SAME !!! :s-smilie: what book and play are you doing ??
Reply 3
Original post by CharlotteBrown

SAMEE HEREE! I am doing 'Lord of the Flies', which I am so nervous about and 'A View from the Bridge'.

Any last min revision tips?!?!?
Reply 4
Original post by Kermitt
SAMEE HEREE! I am doing 'Lord of the Flies', which I am so nervous about and 'A View from the Bridge'.

Any last min revision tips?!?!?

Make sure you're comfortable answering all types of questions, think of the worst question that could come up and answer it, make sure you have good evidence, do a few essays, re-read class notes then go to bed early the night before :smile:
Reply 5
i like lord of the flies is deffinately the easier half than blood brothers :-) but that is my opinion :L good luck to all we did a full two hour mock otherday and i got 54/60 A* :') and they had some hard essay questions (simon in lotf - easy , but hrder than the others ... and linda in blood brothers -.- )
Reply 6
'A View From the Bridge' and 'Lord of the Flies.'
Need quotessssssssssssssssss still. :frown:
Reply 7
lord of the flies im praying that either piggy or simon comes up !!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope simon then i can put the quote in 'maybe there is a beast .. but maybe its only us ' :')
Reply 8
I'm doing Othello and Resistance, is anyone else doing these? Also, any tips on how to answer extract and essay questions, I don't want to just ramble! :smile:
Reply 9
I'm doing A Taste of Honey and About a Boy, anyone else doing these?
Reply 10
Original post by Izzy.Stacey
I'm doing Othello and Resistance, is anyone else doing these? Also, any tips on how to answer extract and essay questions, I don't want to just ramble! :smile:

cant answer specifically for your prose fiction and drama but for drama focus on dramtic devices and how they effect the audience ( this is must to a score over a B ) and above you must do close analysis
Reply 11
is there another poetry question in todays exam
Reply 12
Original post by Liaamm123
is there another poetry question in todays exam

No, there's no poetry, just two books.
Reply 13
I'm doing "Never Let Me Go" and "An Inspector Calls". Kind of nervous, as I got a D in my mock! :frown:
What questions do you reckon will be on today's exam? :/
Reply 14
Didn't really like the extract questions but the 20 mark questions were easy. I did Superstition for Blood Brothers and Order in Lord of the Flies. Had 20/20 on Blood Brothers one and 16/20 on Lord of the Flies one that I've done before like them so I'm pretty confident :biggrin:
Reply 15
What a ****-up of a subject. I'm so glad it's out of the way now and I'll never have to do it again in my life! :biggrin:
Reply 16
Did anyone notice the grammar error on Hobson's Choice?

"Look at the extract on the opposite page?".
I did 'A View From the bridge" and "A Christmas Carol" thoughts?
Reply 18
I did Inspector Calls and Heroes.

The extract questions were relatively straight forward for both, but I struggled on the Inspector Calls essay question in particular. It didn't go horribly, but it wasn't as structured and well thought out as I wanted it to be.

In terms of the Heroes essay question, I had already previously drafted an answer during my revision, so it was literally only a matter of regurgitating my essay and making sure I covered all the key points I wanted to. Safe to say, I started the exam off with a sense on unease but got better as I progressed. I'm just glad English Lit. is over and done with for me.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Jamie_DB
Didn't really like the extract questions but the 20 mark questions were easy. I did Superstition for Blood Brothers and Order in Lord of the Flies. Had 20/20 on Blood Brothers one and 16/20 on Lord of the Flies one that I've done before like them so I'm pretty confident :biggrin:

i did blood brothers and lord of the flies, the extract ones were easy :L what key points did you include for both of them?

as for the essay questions i did superstition and in lord of the flies i did most sympathetic character (piggy - because i could do sh*t loads on him :L ) ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending