The Student Room Group

UKL Psychology Society (UKL PsychSoc)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Count me in. I'd also like to discuss issues and I think this thread was kind of interesting. I've seen the journals and books that cover this area but, to be fair, there is very little published substantial evidence for the existence of ESP, Telepathay, psychokinesis etc., In fact, many people who are of the Believer persuasion (the literature calls them sheep I think)suggest that us scientists aren't sufficiently "tuned" in, or that the methods we employ disrupt the phenomenon. Seems to me that it can't be a very robust phenomenon if it doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Plug
Reply 61
id like to join if its still pos please!
i study psychology as level and luv it, and ive cum up with my fair share of crazy theories...but i must say cant beat freud!! hope the results go well for everyone!
Reply 62
Please may I join? Psyc is my fave subject xxxxx
Of course, just add to your signature.

With the X2 test, how do you do a graph for it. I'm doing analysis of adverts (childrens tv, teenagers and primetime) and have done averages to study gender stereotyped behaviours. I know one side i have the values but what along the bottom axis? I'm prob being really dim but i couldnt work it out earlier when i was doing it. Brain block!! lol!
Reply 64
twinkledust
Of course, just add to your signature.

With the X2 test, how do you do a graph for it. I'm doing analysis of adverts (childrens tv, teenagers and primetime) and have done averages to study gender stereotyped behaviours. I know one side i have the values but what along the bottom axis? I'm prob being really dim but i couldnt work it out earlier when i was doing it. Brain block!! lol!

Im also doing content analysis of adverts-to find out about gender stereotyping for my A2 cwk. I have several articles on doing a chi-square test, but my scanner is not working at the moment-sorry. I've never heard of producing a graph for the X2 test though. xxx Anyways, here's what I found on the web which might help a bit though:
http://www.stat.yale.edu/Courses/1997-98/101/chisq.htm
http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/patel/chisquare/chisquare.html
:smile: http://www.georgetown.edu/faculty/ballc/webtools/web_chi_tut.html :smile:
http://www.ento.vt.edu/~sharov/PopEcol/tables/chisq.html - contingency tables of values.
:smile: http://www.stat.sc.edu/~west/applets/chisqdemo1.html :smile: SHOWS A GRAPH-hooray!

Hope this helps
Squid
Hi can i join? :smile:
Of course. Just add to your signature
:smile: Thanks, just got my AS result yesterday -A yaaay!
Reply 68
hi, im ooops! im a new member and i am interested in joining the psychology society. im currently doing economics, psychology and ICT at A level and i did critical thinking for AS. check out my thread in general chat where i have introduced myself to the existing members of UKL.
i enjoy studying psychology and i would be greatful if i can join the psychology society.
----------------
member of the UKL Law Society
Reply 69
i loove psychology :smile:
Reply 70
Hi - I'm just about to buy a textbook for Psychology AS Level over the internet. I can't decide between the 'Psychology for AS Level' by Michael Eysenck or the one by Cardwell, Clark & Meldrum.

I can't flick through them and the reviews are good for both.

Which is better?
Reply 71
I'd like to join please :smile:
Starting my 4 yr BSc in Psychology in 3 days, so I want to join this society lol.
Reply 73
Alright fellow Psychology people. A task. On my UCAS personal statement, I want to write about some background reading I've done on the subject. Are there any respected texts that I should read? Cognitive or social psychology please :biggrin:.
Reply 74
Seriously, no one knows? Oh, and for my personal statement, I want to write...The particular area of psychology that interests me the most is cognitive psychology because... (anyone got a ending for that?).
Reply 75
Seriously? No one here has any suggestions :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:?
Reply 76
AATTMM
Seriously, no one knows? Oh, and for my personal statement, I want to write...The particular area of psychology that interests me the most is cognitive psychology because... (anyone got a ending for that?).

beacuse of its explaination of the mind in many in many aspects!

i dunno! just a suggection! ud need to be more convincing than that thos
Reply 77
AATTMM
Seriously? No one here has any suggestions :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:?

just go to a library with a big journal section and look some up - there are absolutely loads about. Alternatively search online and see if you can order them, or read articles they have online for free.

try here
Reply 78
I sooo wanna join physics society...I'm starting to really fall in love with physics :biggrin: :wink:
oh the magic word :eek: :eek:
CAN I JOIN PLEASE :biggrin:
Reply 79
I go googly for psychoogly.

Ahem.

Anyhoo, just about to start psych Bsc at Cardiff uni, so count me in! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest