The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont understand the Im a PC advert, i thought thats what this was about :frown:
Reply 2
Percent
Reply 3
%.

edit: beaten like a ginger stepchild...or so the saying goes.
Reply 4
percent
percent (%)
Reply 6
i thought it just meant percent

Edit: arggh sorry, 4 people replied in the time i typed that
Reply 7
it just means %
PC in the PC adverts for a PC would be personal computer.

if inflation is going to rise by 2pc then it's going to rise by 2%

pc as in "this is totally un-PC" would be concerning political correctness.

you probably could've googled it...
Reply 9
personal computer lolz realy? I so didnt kno that. haha
Reply 10
Millmill
i dont understand the Im a PC advert, i thought thats what this was about :frown:

That's what i thought too :confused:

Maybe a someone kind on this thread will explain it to us! :p:
rose_uni08
That's what i thought too :confused:

Maybe a someone kind on this thread will explain it to us! :p:

The people in the advert are all PC (personal computer) users, as opposed to Mac users, or UNIX users, and are identifying themselves as such. It is an ad for Microsoft which is responsible for the operating systems used by PC users.
Reply 12
Oh right that makes sense, but not completely, coz it doesn't make that much sense, 'I'm a personal computer'. That just doesn't make sense.

This is why Apple is better than Microsoft coz their adverts make SENSE.
Millmill
Oh right that makes sense, but not completely, coz it doesn't make that much sense, 'I'm a personal computer'. That just doesn't make sense.

This is why Apple is better than Microsoft coz their adverts make SENSE.

Adverts don't necessarily have to make sense to be successful. The You've Been Tango'd campaign and the Guinness ads, for instance, don't make much sense but are very successful in terms of selling their products and creating the desired brand image. Microsoft is aiming to create a sense of community.
Reply 14
Good bloke
Adverts don't necessarily have to make sense to be successful. The You've Been Tango'd campaign and the Guinness ads, for instance, don't make much sense but are very successful in terms of selling their products and creating the desired brand image. Microsoft is aiming to create a sense of community.

They should have said 'I use PC' instead then :yep:
Reply 15
Good bloke
The people in the advert are all PC (personal computer) users, as opposed to Mac users, or UNIX users, and are identifying themselves as such. It is an ad for Microsoft which is responsible for the operating systems used by PC users.

Ohhhh i see!

Thanks for clearing that up :smile:
Millmill
They should have said 'I use PC' instead then :yep:

That wouldn't have had the same effect, would it?
Reply 17
Good bloke
That wouldn't have had the same effect, would it?

Wouldn't it?:shifty:

I'm sorry I was only joking when i said that about it, I wasn't seriously upset with their advertising campaign :s-smilie:

Thanks for clearing it up though :smile:
Let me be the first here to say: it means percent
Deipnosophist123
Let me be the first here to say: it means percent

Well, certainly the first in that post. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending