The Student Room Group

Girl of 5 battling cancer attacked by yobs who tried to set her on fire

A girl of five who is battling cancer is recovering today after two boys sprayed an aerosol in her face and tried to set her alight.

Scarlett Hellewell had to be rescued by neighbours when the boys pinned her down and sprayed the deodorant in her face in Halifax, West Yorks.

She escaped with just bruises after the deodorant failed to ignite.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208345/Five-year-old-girl-battling-cancer-viciously-attacked-yobs-try-set-fire.html#ixzz0OuyA77Rr

I really can't believe as young 7 and 10 could that to another person...disgusting...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Shocking. I can't believe there are people like that out there.
Absolutely disgusting. Those children who tried to do that to her should be put in care so they won't have the chance to do anything else like that again. Who knows how they're going to grow up.
Poor little girl battling with cancer too. :frown:
thats terrible cant believe someone would do that
Reply 4
4G_dollars
A girl of five who is battling cancer is recovering today after two boys sprayed an aerosol in her face and tried to set her alight.

Scarlett Hellewell had to be rescued by neighbours when the boys pinned her down and sprayed the deodorant in her face in Halifax, West Yorks.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1208345/Five-year-old-girl-battling-cancer-viciously-attacked-yobs-try-set-fire.html#ixzz0OuyA77Rr

I really can't believe as young 7 and 10 could that to another person...disgusting...

The fact shes battling cancer, doesnt matter. Just makes it more upsetting, i hope they didn't fully understand what they were doing.
I do actually worry what its going to be like in the future, if things like this dont get stopped.
Reply 5
It sounds harsh, but it's people like that who make me think that we should bring back the death penalty.

If they were 18 and 20 and they can't live like civilised people and insist on killing/attempting to kill others, they should be put to death.
Reply 6
JemSevenV
It sounds harsh, but it's people like that who make me think that we should bring back the death penalty.

If they were 18 and 20 and they can't live like civilised people and insist on killing/attempting to kill others, they should be put to death.

Theres no deterrent any more, jail sentences are a joke, people serving half sentences for good behaviour, sentences running concurrent. People getting longer sentences for drug offences, when the baby p mother gets a few years even fraud crimes get longer.
That is terrible :frown:
A five year old with cancer? Wow that's bad.
Reply 9
JemSevenV

Yeh I agree - prisons sentences seem a bit ridiculous - and people that commit horrific crimes know that when they are let out they get given new identities. Maybe if the death penalty was bought back there would be more of a deterrent?
Reply 10
I think this is not only the fault of those kids but also the parents.. cause normal kids of 7 and 10 don't do such things :s-smilie: unless they are insane really. this is an example of very bad parenting. it's absolutely horrible :s-smilie: what are these kids going to be like when they are grown up? 0_o
Reply 11
those kids will end up as complete *****
hopefully they'll try setting themselves on fire next time like that girl hasnt got enough to deal with.
Reply 12
4G_dollars

almost as bad as the James bulger murder

sickening....
They want ******* locking up ...if not bring back some disipline...

I had a few swift slaps when i was younger did me no harm...
Reply 14
Trigger
You are also an idiot. Its been proven that the death penalty is not a deterrent. You also have question why it isn't acceptable for one person to kill another yet it is ok for the justice system to. "An eye for an eye and we shall all go blind".

That is not so much the issue. What I have an issue with is that people committing horrific crimes know they have a relatively comfortable life in prison in front of them, and early release if they are good or pretend that they have reformed themselves.

For example the Lockerbie bomber (I know there are disputes about whether or not it was him that actually committed the crime but that is not the point. . .) He has only served 8 years - which after killing 270 people in a pretty horrible way, it seems unfair he has been let out to die in comfort.
I read about this earlier and it really, really shocked me. What the **** is going on in families these days? Aren't parents teaching their kids about morals, what is good and what is not? I'm hearing about children hurting other children, rape and even murder. Something is seriously going wrong in society (especially with the younger generation) and the sooner the problem is addressed the better.
Reply 16
reastle1
That is not so much the issue. What I have an issue with is that people committing horrific crimes know they have a relatively comfortable life in prison in front of them, and early release if they are good or pretend that they have reformed themselves.

For example the Lockerbie bomber (I know there are disputes about whether or not it was him that actually committed the crime but that is not the point. . .) He has only served 8 years - which after killing 270 people in a pretty horrible way, it seems unfair he has been let out to die in comfort.

i completely agree, he should have been left to rot. There should be a death penalty, even for manslaughter. Taking life should give people 15 years in prision where they have food and beds and other facilities that some people dont have outside.
Bit off topic lol sorry
Reply 17
That is awful..
Reply 18
I can either sit and go 'oh this is awful' and moan about it
Or I can not read the article and pretend it didn't happen
Or I can do something about it

But I'm not going to do any of things, because it didn't happen to me
Yeah, one day something will but until then..
Reply 19
Post Natal abortions or sterilization of all people with IQ<90 or a violent criminal record.

Latest

Trending

Trending