The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I will be taking driving lessons somewhere in this month so cross fingers
Reply 21
A few of my mates have past first time and my cousin did too. But my sister passed on her third attempt. It differs by person though, and shouldnt really matter too much.
Reply 22
Passed first time...on 6th July 05! Still saving for a car tho!
Guys, quick question. I've got my test tomorrow. What do I have to take? Is it just the two parts of my licence (ie. paper bit and photocard?)
Reply 24
You have to take both parts of your licence (without them you can't take your test), and they also ask for your theory test pass certificate. You don't actually need the latter - they can check it on the computer system - but it helps.
Madelyn
You have to take both parts of your licence (without them you can't take your test), and they also ask for your theory test pass certificate. You don't actually need the latter - they can check it on the computer system - but it helps.

God that's a point. Better have a look for that! Thanks. :smile:

Edit: Reminds me of a funny story. My best mate once took a fake ID card instead of his photocard and wasn't allowed to do it. Harsh but funny! :biggrin:

Any final tips from TSRers for my test? :dong:
Reply 26
The certificate isn't that important (I had this mad panic the night before my test when I actually looked at the letter and realised it said I ought to bring the certificate, and ended up frantically calling my driving instructor, who calmly explained that I didn't really *need* it. I managed to find it, though).
Final tips? Pass! Um...you know what your faults are, so just be careful to avoid them (without going too far the other way - I know that I tend to rush things, so I failed my mock test for hanging back too much). Don't think that you've already failed, so you might as well just give up. Don't try too hard to look at the examiber's clipboard, you won't be able to see it properly and it'll only distract from what you ought to be doing. Good luck!
Reply 27
englishstudent
God that's a point. Better have a look for that! Thanks. :smile:

Edit: Reminds me of a funny story. My best mate once took a fake ID card instead of his photocard and wasn't allowed to do it. Harsh but funny! :biggrin:

Any final tips from TSRers for my test? :dong:

good luck sonny!
Reply 28
Wise One
Flaw in this test - only people who've passed can vote accurately. Since this site demographic is students, most people who post on here will still be trying. Only those who passed first or second time will probably be old enough to post here, and not too old as to have given up whilst they are at uni.

Theres no flaw since I am only interested in the people who have passed - not those who are still trying!
Reply 29
I PASSED ON MONDAY! 1st time! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Latest