The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
walshie
Didn't Carlisle beat Lincoln recently! Even funnier!

No, it was a 0-0 bore draw. I'll always remember Mark Bailey's goal for us against Carlisle a couple of years ago - from 70 yards, inside his own half :biggrin: Can't find a video of it anywhere though.

We always start the season slowly anyway-we had a worse start than this last year, and went to Cardiff in the end.
Reply 81
So it was! :confused:

Why on earth did I think that. Mad moment me thinks. Oh well, they still drew!
Reply 82
Haha, Ben 'Judas' Futcher has now scored his second own goal for Boston, after leaving us for them (our lesser local cousins) for free in summer. Serves him right :biggrin:
Aylesbury seem to be in for a rubbish season, followed up the 1-0 loss to bottom club Northwood with a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Evesham who are also struggling.

We're playing terrible football and former Cambridge Striker Darran Hay just hasn't looked good enough at all :frown:
Reply 84
All I can say is Typical Bleeding Leyton Orient.

We were Top of the League 2 weeks ago having broken a 90 year old record for consecutive wins now where are we? Only 11th place. All came crashing down with a 4-1 defeat AT HOME to ROCHDALE, followed by a 1-1 draw away at Chelts, losing 1-0 to SHREWSBURY AT HOME AGAIN and to top it all off, yet another home defeat on Saturday to Brissie Rovers and their **** of a manager, Ian Atkins (does anyone actually like him?)

Our season is going tits up already including the fact that we didn't manage to get a new striker before the end of August which we were promised!

London derby next week though! ITS BARNET AWAY... :smile:
Reply 85
Also another thumbs up for Junior Agogo. Looked dangerous all day long against us and bagged two.

What is it with Bristol Rovers and producing quality strikers as well...
Reply 86
Seabiscuit
All I can say is Typical Bleeding Leyton Orient.

We were Top of the League 2 weeks ago having broken a 90 year old record for consecutive wins now where are we? Only 11th place. All came crashing down with a 4-1 defeat AT HOME to ROCHDALE, followed by a 1-1 draw away at Chelts, losing 1-0 to SHREWSBURY AT HOME AGAIN and to top it all off, yet another home defeat on Saturday to Brissie Rovers and their **** of a manager, Ian Atkins (does anyone actually like him?)

Our season is going tits up already including the fact that we didn't manage to get a new striker before the end of August which we were promised!

London derby next week though! ITS BARNET AWAY... :smile:

1) Told u u would return to midtable obscurity given time :p:
2) Twatkins is a crap manager Im glad he left us for them
3) we got three new strikers, u can have one of them if we can have a defender....
Reply 87
Seabiscuit
Also another thumbs up for Junior Agogo. Looked dangerous all day long against us and bagged two.

What is it with Bristol Rovers and producing quality strikers as well...

To my mind Bristol Rovers have only produced Agogo in the field of quality strikers....

Worth more than £150,000 it seems :frown:
Reply 88
Gexko
To my mind Bristol Rovers have only produced Agogo in the field of quality strikers....

:eek: You're taking the piss surely?
Reply 89
Gexko

Not so,

Bobby Zamora
Marcus Stewart
Barry Hayles
Nathan Ellington
Jamie Cureton
Jason Roberts

well maybe not produced for the last couple but definitely scouting and finding them and they're looking pretty again with Agogo :frown:
Reply 90
Didn't Andy Cole start out at Rovers too, or am I making that up?
Reply 91
Tell you what Gex, you really want one of our defenders, you can take Joe Dolan from us - doesn't seem to be in favour with the gaffer at the moment after joining from Millwall in the summer. Gabriel Zakuani though - Congo international at the age of 19. He's the business and he's not going anywhere (til we get the £1 million offer from a Prem club)
Reply 92
El Pollo Diablo
Didn't Andy Cole start out at Rovers too, or am I making that up?

Nah, he played for Bristol City but not Rovers...
Reply 93
Oh wait, no, Cole was at City.
Reply 94
hmmm, so i got the bristol rovers thing wrong then...

i will say in my defence that i was thinking last 5 years, as thats how long i've been actively following oxford :smile:

should probably have picked it up from all the bloody champ man ive played down the years tho...
Reply 95
You are grudgingly forgiven. Did you see Atkins dismiss Oxford's offer for Agogo as "tongue in cheek"?
Reply 96
El Pollo Diablo
You are grudgingly forgiven. Did you see Atkins dismiss Oxford's offer for Agogo as "tongue in cheek"?

No i didnt but then he did call another manager cuckoo after a 1-1 draw recently, much to the amusement of the 6o6 team :smile:

Hes not the most popular man in oxford neway (not only were his tactics crap and failed to get promoted despite 1st at new years, but he then goes and betrays us to rovers into the bargain).

£150,000 tongue in cheek? Cloud cuckoo land Atkins...

he might have heard the BBC Oxford phone in though, when this nut rang in after the lincoln game and said we should sign junior agogo (oh how we laughed at the time) methinks the chairman did :biggrin:
Reply 97
Seabiscuit
Kuz, Your local team is Orient but you support the Arse instead? For shame! I see it way too often around my area. Its a miracle we still go on year after year when we've got 4 Premiership clubs within a 6 mile radius of us. You're still welcome down Brissie though...

To correct you my local team is Harlow town, and Orient are the team of where I was born and therefore take great interest in. However Arsenal are the team that actually first introduced me and made me love football.

Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace was the first football match I ever watched, and as cheesy as it sounds the unbeliveable manner in which Arsenal played got me hooked for life on the beautiful game. The least I can do for the team that introduced me to, and made me love the beautiful game is support them whole heartedly!!
Reply 98
Kuz
However Arsenal are the team that actually first introduced me and made me love football.

one of main reasons i support chelsea

on the subject of lower league teams - why are Woking so rubbish now, i mean 20th!
Reply 99
fernando
one of main reasons i support chelsea

on the subject of lower league teams - why are Woking so rubbish now, i mean 20th!

There always down there at the beginning of the season. They soon evade escape towards the end of the season. A club like Woking should be doing better though; challenging for promotion.

Latest