The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What are you doing there?
Reply 2
Hi, im in the same boat as you. my results were terrible and i applied for manchester met. they gave me a verbal offer, and ive applied on the track system but im yet to hear anything of them :s-smilie: . has your track been updated from manchester met?
Hey, you got in so don't dwell on it! You're in after all so go and show them what you're made of! :smile:
Reply 4
Look at it this way.
Staff need to get paid
According to their website they have obtained funding for 1,000 additional places... presumably they want to fill them.
Reply 6
CuteStar*
What are you doing there?

English and Philosophy :smile:
Reply 7
ap25
Hi, im in the same boat as you. my results were terrible and i applied for manchester met. they gave me a verbal offer, and ive applied on the track system but im yet to hear anything of them :s-smilie: . has your track been updated from manchester met?

I had a verbal offer yesterday early afternoon, then my track was updated this evening. I did speak to them on the phone this morning because I was always abit anxious and they reassured me that they're dealing with these things as quickly as possible but they are completely swamped in paperwork and phone calls atm :smile: so I guess just be patient

Congrats!
Reply 8
Universities are businesses after all.
Congrats!

I'll be going to Cov. Im happy I got a place though.
Reply 10
. . . Because it's Manchester Met. It really is just a glorified college, it's very misleading to call it a university.
Reply 11
Einheri
. . . Because it's Manchester Met. It really is just a glorified college, it's very misleading to call it a university.

Well I'll still be getting a degree at the end of it, right? Thats all that matters for me cos when I first saw my results, my future didn't look bright at all. Just so glad I have the chance to turn that around now ^^
Reply 12
NicolePickle
Well I'll still be getting a degree at the end of it, right? Thats all that matters for me cos when I first saw my results, my future didn't look bright at all. Just so glad I have the chance to turn that around now ^^

Exactly! :hugs:
NicolePickle

Exactly. Ignore the posts of someone who has obviously just created an account to bait / troll. Man Met's graduate employment statistics are pretty good - obviously do what you can to help yourself i.e. good degree class and try and get some work experience but otherwise congratulations on your place and I hope you have a great time in Manchester.
NicolePickle

Good for you :smile: Make the most of it!
Maybe they thought if they had free spaces it was worth giving you the chance. I wouldn't think about that too much, just focus on working for your degree and proving all of those people who seem to be against you wrong. Maybe they liked your personal profile and so on, just focus on getting your degree, a degree in English and Philosophy from ManMet at the end of the day is the same as a degree in English and Philosophy from other Unis. When you have your degree you have it and it doesn't matter what Uni you got it from, it's a degree.
A piece of advice...maybe you should resit - get at least a B or even an A and then reapply to a more recognised and able university.

(Because, meaning no offense, if you achieved such poor grades how will you be able to fare in studying a degree? Do you think employers would want you after you finished university? I'm not harsh and unfriendly, but if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't definitely resit modules after achieving such poor grades.)
first, congrats at getting into university, next yes they will need to fill places, so rather then taking into consideration the grades the personal and tutor statement comes into play, MMU is a university, and the course will be whatever you make it. I'm going to MMU for computing, i got their through clearing and I'm glad i got in there (it was MMU or Bradford)
Reply 18
Sovr'gnChancellor£
A piece of advice...maybe you should resit - get at least a B or even an A and then reapply to a more recognised and able university.

(Because, meaning no offense, if you achieved such poor grades how will you be able to fare in studying a degree? Do you think employers would want you after you finished university? I'm not harsh and unfriendly, but if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't definitely resit modules after achieving such poor grades.)

My poor grades was mainly due to alot of messing around and being unfocused. I achieved brilliant GCSEs but during the two years at sixthform there was alot of issues at home etc. Ive already decided to just take this opportunity and make the best of it, I'm positive I can turn my life around and be successful. I have alot of other qualities and experience that I'm sure employers would appreciate along with a good degree.
TwoHoc
Grateful is the last word I'd use if someone told I'd got a place at ManMet. In fact, I would wager there are some people who could get further career-wise on where they went to primary school alone than any ManMet student. If I were you I'd recommend you start selling your body for money, because once you graduate from ManMet that's the only job you'll actually be qualified for.

obviously not douchebag, so kindly gtfo :mfing:

Latest

Trending

Trending