The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
French newspaper L'Equipe reported via their website on Wednesday that United had submitted an improved €6m offer for Toulouse left back Cheikh M'Bengue - but that the French side had again rejected it.

The 21 year-old player claimed last month that United had bid for his services, press reports putting that offer at €5m.

Toulouse-born M'Bengue has appeared for France U21s but has announced his intention to represent Senegal. However his callup for an African Nations Cup qualifier against Cameroon this weekend fell through, as the necessary documentation from FIFA is still to be issued.

From nufc.com.

Seems we are the new Arsenal. Buying everyone French.
Yeah think Pardew may be trying to build a team around ben arfa, with frenchmen at the club he is also likely to stay. Things are looking up for next season! :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by RobSchofield93
Yeah think Pardew may be trying to build a team around ben arfa, with frenchmen at the club he is also likely to stay. Things are looking up for next season! :smile:

I've heard reports that Ben Arfa is completely ****ed.

But we'll see once he's got this full pre-season under his belt.
True nothing good comes from nigel de yong! haha
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/30/newcastle-set-for-a-battle-over-david-hoilett-72703-28788222/

To replace Barton, so angry he hasn't been offered a new contract, it's ridiculus, he wants to stay, even with a pay cut!:angry:
Reply 86
Been quite a while since anyone posted, so news doing the rounds:

Owen thinks we're a piss poor team per his twitter account. Didn't stop him picking up a nice wage packet, shoulda got shot of himself if we were that bad.

Gameiro as we all know will probably reject us due to the fact he wants Europe.

On a lighter note at least Ashley's going.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kingkev
Owen thinks we're a piss poor team per his twitter account. Didn't stop him picking up a nice wage packet, shoulda got shot of himself if we were that bad.

"Been there and didn't enjoy it" apparently. I'm sure he enjoyed picking up his £133k a week payslip though... Tosser.

Original post by kingkev
On a lighter note at least Ashley's going.

I don't see any offers forthcoming :tongue:
Reply 88
Original post by Student2806
"Been there and didn't enjoy it" apparently. I'm sure he enjoyed picking up his £133k a week payslip though... Tosser.

Wasn't it only recently he had a twitter interview with someone from the Chronicle, where he stated that he did enjoy his time in Newcastle? :confused:

He was obviously just in it for the money.
Yeah he's trying to to be a man utd man through and through with his comments that his premier league win meant more to him than anyhting at liverpool, a load of rubbish.

Shame about Gameiro but he does want champion's league, oh well, have to settle for reliable old ameobi, not! :P
Reply 90
Original post by RobSchofield93
Yeah he's trying to to be a man utd man through and through with his comments that his premier league win meant more to him than anyhting at liverpool, a load of rubbish.

Link?

Noit that I'm suprised. Can just imagine him sat round with Rio and Rooney trying to be the best United fan in zee world.
Michael Owen is a traitorous ****. That is all.

What is your opinion of Alan Pardew.
Original post by ayrshire ace
What is your opinion of Alan Pardew.

Disregarding all the politics that overshadowed his appointment, he's done a decent job given the circumstances of having hardly any strikeforce and so many big players out injured. We were one goal off 9th, and even 12th is about where we thought we'd finish.
Next season will be the big test for him though. If he brings in some good players and builds a well-rounded squad over the summer, we'll expect a strong top half finish.
Original post by Student2806
Disregarding all the politics that overshadowed his appointment, he's done a decent job given the circumstances of having hardly any strikeforce and so many big players out injured. We were one goal off 9th, and even 12th is about where we thought we'd finish.
Next season will be the big test for him though. If he brings in some good players and builds a well-rounded squad over the summer, we'll expect a strong top half finish.

Yeah i mean, europe is alot to ask with teams like stoke and everton ont he rise and with 6 teams competeting for champions league, but between 10th and 7th would be a good achievement i think, then build and strengthan again and compete for europe. Bring back the Golden Years! :smile:
Reply 94
Owen is a total cock like, twice he's had a pop at Newcastle on twitter now and twice he's spouted rubbish about deserving two fa cup medals because he scored both goals past arsenal.

For anyone wanting to rewatch his return to SJP. Can't belive he said he was suprised by that reception aswell.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj1wzn_michael-owen-s-return-to-st-james-park_fun
Reply 95
I would be delighted with a top half finish next season imo, Europe is just too difficult for us to achieve with the competition for places.
Reply 96
Eh i posted a thing today & it's been deleted?
Reply 97
Original post by mau5
Owen is a total cock like, twice he's had a pop at Newcastle on twitter now and twice he's spouted rubbish about deserving two fa cup medals because he scored both goals past arsenal.

For anyone wanting to rewatch his return to SJP. Can't belive he said he was suprised by that reception aswell.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xj1wzn_michael-owen-s-return-to-st-james-park_fun

He's a prick. Saying he enjoys being a bench warmer at Utd then playing all the time at a poor club (Newcastle) Yet he played in about 1 in every 10 games at Newcastle.

The ****ing prick he is. I would happily run over that little bitch. There's not many players i absolutely despise. He tops the list.
Reply 98
Original post by TM94
Europe is just too difficult for us to achieve with the competition for places.

Birmingham are in europe next season as are Fulham. Hardly any better than us.
Ultimately our aim this season was to stay up which we done with ease :smile: Next year if we make a couple of good signings e.g Berba,sturridge we should be fighting for top 10/ european place.

Latest