The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wednesday Bass
Have done. Doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Original post by G8D
Anyone with answers to this quote me too.

This bitch is cooking most of the time unless I prop it up and only run Chrome.
I opened it up and dusted it to no avail.

Maybe the heatsink has moved and the thermal compound cracked? You could try reapplying some thermal compound.

Otherwise I'm fresh out of ideas. My laptop is permanently on a cooling pad, and will stabilize at 80-something degrees when at constant 100% load.

Also, it's probably just original ****ty cooling for consumer grade laptops. I cleaned out my brother 5yo HP business laptop (those brick ones) the other day, and it idles at 40-something and never goes above 60.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 221
Original post by Nick Longjohnson
You could open it up, and clean out all the dust. That usually does it.

Thanks for the write up. :yy: It sure does look good. I want to get rid of my phone and pick one of those up now dammit :p:. I've only played around with WP7 on a Samsung something-or-other (Microsoft has strict regulations for specs, so I dont think it should matter which phone it's on) and it was the smoothest experience ever, and I definitely preferred it to iOS.

TSR should start paying you to write reviews for tech on here! :p:

Well I could use a secretary... :top:
YouTube adverts :colonhash: The banner ones that appear at the bottom of the video when it's playing. You can get rid of them, fine, but now apparently they reappear when you take your cursor out of the video frame? So I have to put up with either a huge banner or a mouse pointer obscuring the video I'm trying to watch in peace.
Original post by secretmessages
YouTube adverts :colonhash: The banner ones that appear at the bottom of the video when it's playing. You can get rid of them, fine, but now apparently they reappear when you take your cursor out of the video frame? So I have to put up with either a huge banner or a mouse pointer obscuring the video I'm trying to watch in peace.

http://adblockplus.org/en/

Problem solved.

Original post by Dez
Well I could use a secretary... :top:

Haha I could do with the cash XD
Original post by mikeyd85

I don't like Adblock :no: Slows everything down, I find.

I don't see any difference, tbh. :erm:

:lolwut:

I find that it speeds everything up as I'm no longer connecting to ad servers round the world... It really shouldn't slow things down...

:lolwut:

I find that it speeds everything up as I'm no longer connecting to ad servers round the world... It really shouldn't slow things down...

On my laptop it really did slow things down and made my whole browser sluggish to use whilst pages were loading, perhaps because it was scanning every page for things to block, I don't know. I didn't say it slows it down for everyone, I'm just stating an observation :p:

I block all flash by default anyway and image adverts don't really bother me, so I don't need it.
On my laptop it really did slow things down and made my whole browser sluggish to use whilst pages were loading, perhaps because it was scanning every page for things to block, I don't know. I didn't say it slows it down for everyone, I'm just stating an observation :p:

I block all flash by default anyway and image adverts don't really bother me, so I don't need it.

Oh dear!

Fair enough then!
Just preordered a Transformer Prime. I am a very happy bunny :smile:
Original post by wizard710
Just preordered a Transformer Prime. I am a very happy bunny :smile:

Want.
Original post by Mad Vlad
Want.

Original post by G8D
Where/how much/when.

$560 which works out at about £370, cousin is bringing it back when she goes home for Christmas :smile:
Reply 233
Considering buying an iPad this afternoon. :holmes:
Steam's pissing me off.

Unless I click Play on Arkham City, so the window that says updating Arkham City appears, it doesn't download - it just goes to suspended. I left my computer on last night so it would download, but it goes to sleep if there's nothing happening after about an hour, so I'm guessing it was sat on Suspended and my desktop went to sleep after getting half a gig. Only 16.5 to go! :colonhash:
Original post by Dez

Reply 236
Oh hush Vlad. :p: It's a good product after all, better by far than any other tablet on the market.
Success! Real interview with Fivium on Wednesday for a placement.

Bring it on! :dumbells:
Original post by Dez

Noooo don't do it
Original post by Dez
Oh hush Vlad. :p: It's a good product after all, better by far than any other tablet on the market.

:hand:

Latest