The Student Room Group

Nursing offers and interviews 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by BeccaAnne94
Has anyone heard from Keele for child nursing yet?

I know that some people have interviews for adult already and they applied around the same time as me....starting to get a bit stressed :frown:

I have an interview for adult tomorrow at Keele, but I havent heard anyone else thats heard from child nursing at Keele :confused:
Reply 61
Original post by daniroberts824
I've applied for Child Nursing at UEA, Brighton, Canterbury, LSBU and Middlesex. I' sent my application off at the beginning of December and have had acknowledgements from all but Brighton, heard nothing else yet :frown: . On the open day I asked the course director how many places they had and it was 16 for Child Nursing, I think UEA has 34, not sure of the others but LSBU and Middlesex have the most amount of places to offer I was told by my tutor.

I REALLY want to go to UEA or Brighton though!

Last year I had an offer from Brighton for Child Nursing. I didn't hear from them until after the deadline in January for UCAS, invited to interview in February and got an offer not long after. They don't look at applications for child nursing until late January so be patient and they'll be in touch. :smile:
Reply 62
I've applied to study children's nursing sep 2012 and have an interview at Keele next Tuesday! They haven't gave me much notice only heard about it around two weeks ago hope that helps. Where else have you applied? Have you got any interview tips?

Abby
Reply 63
Hey
I applied for Adult Nursing at Brighton, Salford, Chester, Nottingham and Liverpool John Moore. Got 3 interviews so far from Brighton, Salford and Liverpool JM. Couldn't make my Brighton because couldn't afford the train fare but Salford is tomorrow! D:
Reply 64
I've had one interview so far which was 14th Dec, heard nothing yet. I keep checking Track like an obsessive, nervous wreck...

Unsuccessful with one uni (no interview), waiting to hear from the other 3.... aarrrgh stressful
I've been invited to interview for child nursing at Cardiff :biggrin:

Now all I have to do is find out if they'll rearrange the date for me :/
Does anyone else have an interview for Adult Nursing at City of London tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 67
I have been offered a place on adult nursing at Uclan to start April 2012

Good luck to those that are still going for interviews x
Reply 68
Anyone have interview on 22nd February at Nottingham? :smile:
Reply 69
Had my interview at the University of Manchester and the questions they asked were:
1) Why Manchester?
2) What qualities do your have that makes you a good nurse?
3) How has you work/voluntary experience enhanced your communication skills?
4) A scenario based question.... A 5year old boy has come to hospital for an operation.. How would you deal with him??

Hope these help for those going for Manchester and Child Nursing.
Just been on track and I have an offer from Salford for adult nursing, it is conditional but I have already met all the conditions. Anyone else heard from them?
Original post by bourbonbiscuit
Congrats on your offer. I'm sure you're pleased. I've been made a conditional offer too. Were your conditions to provide a satisfactory health report and CRB check? Just wondering what conditions are for getting a place

Yes they are
Reply 72
Hi all,

I have had an interview in the beginning of November at Anglia Ruskin University and i've been given a brochure where it was specified that the decision will be made in April, though i know somebody who has received a conditional offer already.

I take it is bad news for me, as i have not heard anything.

Has anyone applied to Anglia Ruskin?
Reply 73
ive applied at coventry, sheffield hallam, worcester, edge hill & DMU i have interveiws at cov & edge hill, so any adive? & has anyone heard from the others? thank you
Have got interviews for Liverpool John Moores, Derby and Sheff hallam. Only recieved my Sheff hallam invite today, got a straight decline from east anglia and still waiting to hear back from Southampton! Anybody else got interviews for Lpl, derby or sheff? xx
Reply 75
hey :smile:
i've applied for Adult Nursing at Nott'm, Bham and Machester and have just recieved an offer for Machester after having my interview on Wednesdayyyy :smile:
I have anither interview at Bham this Wednesdaty coming up but have still not heard from Nott'm about interviews and stuff :frown:
I sent my UCAS form off around late November
Reply 76
Original post by LJClarke

Original post by LJClarke
Hey
I applied for Adult Nursing at Brighton, Salford, Chester, Nottingham and Liverpool John Moore. Got 3 interviews so far from Brighton, Salford and Liverpool JM. Couldn't make my Brighton because couldn't afford the train fare but Salford is tomorrow! D:

Hello, I have a Liverpool John Moore interview 22nd Feb (Adult Nursing) Have you had your interview yet?
Reply 77
Original post by KingGoonIan

Just got one conditional so far from Surrey and got an interview at Northumbria on the 14th Jan - has anyone else got an interview at Northumbria the same day?

I have a Northumbria interview 20th Feb, what does the interview entail?
Original post by ChelseaY04
I have a Northumbria interview 20th Feb, what does the interview entail?

Was a lot of fun and I felt sad the day didn't last longer.

Small presentation (compared to Surrey where we had 50 odd people, Northumbria only had about 12 of us). Then we had a written exercise which lasted 10 minutes and no Maths test.

Then we got put into groups of 3 were sent off for a chat and a coffee in our groups to get to know each other then we went back for a group interview where we brought up current health issues of our own and I dug myself a bit of a hole :/ but oh well. Then after that back for 1 to 1 interviews then off back home.
Was a lot of fun and I felt sad the day didn't last longer.

Small presentation (compared to Surrey where we had 50 odd people, Northumbria only had about 12 of us). Then we had a written exercise which lasted 10 minutes and no Maths test.

Then we got put into groups of 3 were sent off for a chat and a coffee in our groups to get to know each other then we went back for a group interview where we brought up current health issues of our own and I dug myself a bit of a hole :/ but oh well. Then after that back for 1 to 1 interviews then off back home.

Glad it went well Ian,all the best in all your interviews m8 :smile: Its this waiting to hear is the worest part of selection ie finding out one way or the other u gained or not gained a place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending