The Student Room Group

Is there any show in the history of television as addictive as Prison Break season 1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I remember finding the first season of Heroes incredibly addictive, unfortunately the ending of the season was disappointing and the 3 seasons that came after were awful.
Reply 21
Prison break season 3.

If you haven't seen breaking bad, go watch it, now!
Yes, there is, actually. That series would be Boardwalk Empire.
Reply 23
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
First two series of Misfits, before it went ****.

Nathan <3 :frown:
Reply 24
Alcatraz is pretty good.
Original post by zoeaw
Nathan <3 :frown:

The departure of Nathan, and the whole **** writing thing has really let it down :tongue:
Firefly.

Best Sci-fi series ever!
Was going to say Breaking Bad or Dexter but you've already got them covered, both amazing shows!

You could try Oz. It's set in a prison as well and is quite addictive, had to ration the episodes so I didn't finish the entire 6 season series in less than 3 weeks. Actually, it was very addictive looking back!
season 1's of quite a few other shows would match prison break
Original post by Mandehmorning
Was going to say Breaking Bad or Dexter but you've already got them covered, both amazing shows!

You could try Oz. It's set in a prison as well and is quite addictive, had to ration the episodes so I didn't finish the entire 6 season series in less than 3 weeks. Actually, it was very addictive looking back!

Will rep when I can again. Oz is such an underrated show that barely anyone acknowledges, probably because it's out shined by other HBO shows but it's still a good show.
The Sopranos. I watched all six seasons in about 4 weeks. Then introduced my boyfriend to it and did the same thing. We used to be so tired all the time because we'd watch it before we went to sleep and then be like 'oh let's just watch one more episode...'

In fact, I think I had a bit of a problem. every time I had to do something else I would just be thinking about when I could next watch an episode :tongue:!
Reply 31
The second season of The Sopranos was the most addictive season of TV for me. Had originally seen it when it first aired, but I got it on DVD a few years later and managed to sit through the entire season in one day. Have yet to find a show with as much replay value.
Original post by philistine
Yes, there is, actually. That series would be Boardwalk Empire.

^^^This, this, a thousand times this. ALso, Game of Thrones. In fact pretty much anything on Sky Atlantic, everything on that channel that I've seen has been pretty stellar.

On the subject of Prison Break, I've just finished working my way through the entire 4 seasons on Netflix after only seeing the first season on actual TV. Loved the first one, incredible television, season two kept the calibre high. Season three went sharply downhill and I had to fight through the fourth, but I was determined to see how it ended. I wish they could have wrapped it up at the end of season two really.
Original post by ThaChronic
Will rep when I can again. Oz is such an underrated show that barely anyone acknowledges, probably because it's out shined by other HBO shows but it's still a good show.

Thanks :smile: and i totally agree, it has SO many good actors in it who are now in all the other great shows like The Wire., Law and Order, ect. But whenever I tell someone to watch it they're like 'you mean the programme about the wizard of Oz?' lol :/
For me nothing can top Desperate Housewives. I own seasons 1-6 on DVD, planning on getting 7 in the future, and am watching 8 at the moment. When the series ends in April/May, I plan to spend my summer watching like 2 episodes per day so I will finish all 8 seasons by the time I go back to uni in September :P
God I LOVED this show! I'm as straight as straight can get, but when Scofield gives me that look, I just get tingly all over

scofield.jpg

:colondollar:
Reply 36
Was gonna say The Walking Dead 'till i read the first line of your post.
Flashforward.
Breaking bad.
Have to say 24. Season 1 is the most addictive TV series I have ever seen (I've only seen season 1 and am over halfway through season 2). Every episode ends with some kind of cliffhanger, there are so many moments that made my jaw physically drop, you are kept on edge throughout and can't trust anybody. Fantastic stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest