The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaD123
Well I've started to gather information, but haven't started revising yet. I'm quite fortunate this time as I have over 7 weeks to prepare! Whereas I only had 1 week with the nursing interview. What about you? It really is a very tough process!! xx

I have 5 weeks to prepare not long enough though lol I am gonna start preparing on Monday of next week. The whole process is emotionally draining and tiring I cant wait til its all over x
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 3141
Original post by skint flint
Randonbird my friend was offered a place in Sept 2010 it was a small group 35 places...... x

I'm 2010, and it was 60 places for us too!
Reply 3142
my interview for adult nursing is on tuesday, i feel so sick everytime i think about it, soo nervous!!
Hi my interview for adult nursing was last Tuesday and from my point of veiw it went very well. :biggrin: I wasn't nervous at all until I got into the room and it all just hit me.
My advice to anyone who is nervous is don't be worrying weeks/days in advance, just make sure you are prepared because there's nothing worse than sitting in an interview trying to think of something to say and nothing comes. :frown: I had heard that the interviewers do make you feel very at ease but the two people I got couldn't have been any nicer.

Good luck to those still waiting for it and best of luck to those like me waiting to hear :biggrin:
Reply 3144
hey guys, i got an interview for april 2nd adult nursing:biggrin:
first interview ever, kinda nervous :frown:
was just wondering is there any certain questions we need to have prepared ? or anything there likely to ask? im pretty clueless :s-smilie:
hi jumping way ahead of myself here but does anyone know how they select for the september or february intake? is it just random? :s-smilie:
Reply 3146
Hello All,
Had my interview a couple of days ago. 3 questions were fine, but 2 i found difficult (didnt see them coming), so think its an application next year for me!

For all those with interviews coming up, please don't worry about the interviewers, they were fantastic, very friendly and made you feel very welcome. And from what I remember, they had 1600 applications for 600 places over sept/feb.
Reply 3147
Original post by accessstudent
hi jumping way ahead of myself here but does anyone know how they select for the september or february intake? is it just random? :s-smilie:

Hiya, as far as I know if you get an offer some people request the Feb intake. Then depending on where u are on the reserve list. Those higher up may get onto September then next lot the Feb intake. Thats what I heard about previous years, hth xx
Original post by mama mia
Hiya, as far as I know if you get an offer some people request the Feb intake.

You r unable to request which term you want to start. On the 2012 application form it did not give you a choice. It did in past years though x
Original post by Blondeee_87
Hi my interview for adult nursing was last Tuesday and from my point of veiw it went very well. :biggrin: I wasn't nervous at all until I got into the room and it all just hit me.
My advice to anyone who is nervous is don't be worrying weeks/days in advance, just make sure you are prepared because there's nothing worse than sitting in an interview trying to think of something to say and nothing comes. :frown: I had heard that the interviewers do make you feel very at ease but the two people I got couldn't have been any nicer.

Good luck to those still waiting for it and best of luck to those like me waiting to hear :biggrin:

Good for you Blondeee_87
Reply 3150
i hate the waaait :frown: lol!! does anyone know when the nursing decisions get sent out?
Reply 3151
Original post by Scoachie
i hate the waaait :frown: lol!! does anyone know when the nursing decisions get sent out?

end of may/ june!!

says on the wee letter they gave u before interview! (:

gooodluck!xx
Reply 3152
oh, been that long since i read that wee sheet lol

good luck to you too :smile: xx
For those who have applied for Midwifery and nursing were you asked in the interview why you have applied for both?
Reply 3154
no i think they're considered as separate applications
Reply 3155
Anyone heard anything from ulster yet? The interviewers told me the decision would be made on 31st and still nothing :-/
Original post by Lilo27
Anyone heard anything from ulster yet? The interviewers told me the decision would be made on 31st and still nothing :-/

They are still waiting for numbers to be confirmed! :frown: So may be a while yet... they said as soon as they know we will get confirmation withon 24hrs
the waiting is doing my head in!!
Does any1 no the intake number for Magee?
Original post by X_weebutton_X
the waiting is doing my head in!!
Does any1 no the intake number for Magee?

I asked at interview they told me 260 places..xx
Original post by Joanne238
I asked at interview they told me 260 places..xx

Okay thanks :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending