The Student Room Group

Best Uni for Social life??

Poll

Which Uni has best night life/social life?

Which of these has the best night life and social life in general ?
Reply 1
I don't know anything about the others, but Durham's definitely a little lacking when it comes to night life. Then again, Newcastle's only a short way down the road and the nightlife's really good there.
Bristol > Edinburgh > Durham = Warwick (In my opinion)

Bristols a great City, loads of places with a lot of diversity, something for everyone. Edinburgh has a decent night-life, but its incredibly costly in some places, and generally I don't feel it has as much as Bristol in what it offers. Durham is a effectively a town, even though its a City and you're more likely to find pubs and some bars rather than the big clubs you'd find in the large cities - Having said that a family friend goes there and loves it. Warwick is on a campus which is quite a way from Warwick itself, but reasonably close to Coventry, which in all honesty is a bit of a ****hole but I can't really comment on it as I don't know much about it, but from other people I've got the impression that its a pretty remote university meaning that the night-life lacks a bit.
Reply 3
Original post by charlie9872
Bristol > Edinburgh > Durham = Warwick (In my opinion)

Bristols a great City, loads of places with a lot of diversity, something for everyone. Edinburgh has a decent night-life, but its incredibly costly in some places, and generally I don't feel it has as much as Bristol in what it offers. Durham is a effectively a town, even though its a City and you're more likely to find pubs and some bars rather than the big clubs you'd find in the large cities - Having said that a family friend goes there and loves it. Warwick is on a campus which is quite a way from Warwick itself, but reasonably close to Coventry, which in all honesty is a bit of a ****hole but I can't really comment on it as I don't know much about it, but from other people I've got the impression that its a pretty remote university meaning that the night-life lacks a bit.

thanks this is really useful
Reply 4
Bristol or eborough imo. Suppose you get one extra year of it at eboro.
unless social life = clubbing, Durham has the best social life due to collegiate system, huge possibilities for sport, drama, music extracurriculars at college and university-wide, and highest number of societies all packed into a very small town with 17000 students and newcastle 15 minutes away
Original post by schroeder's dog
unless social life = clubbing, Durham has the best social life due to collegiate system, huge possibilities for sport, drama, music extracurriculars at college and university-wide, and highest number of societies all packed into a very small town with 17000 students and newcastle 15 minutes away

I agree social life is about opportunities to meet people with shared interests and make friends
correct

Quick Reply

Latest